HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:55 PM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,161 Posts
Discussion
Thanks Paul

Just dropping in here to let you know your ignition relay on my new 78" 45cc petrol extra is working an absolute treat Paul.

gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:00 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
Hey thanks for letting me know - it's a really nice plane too btw, I like the colour scheme as well, crisp, visible and lively.

btw, there's airconditioning in the workshop now... so you can visit and sleep with the spiders, pythons and what ever else is in there all with the comfort of aircon
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:51 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,161 Posts
As long as you have a working A/C and some Foff mozzie spray, I'm there......only in Winter though

Actually there are a few big gassers at our club, and a lot of them are using your relay.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:48 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
Anyone asking for different features yet?

I know a few people have asked for a MOSFET based unit (rather than relay) so that they don't have to worry about the relay wearing out over time. I guess what I love about the relay unit though is that it's genuinely isolated when it disconnects, as apposed to electronically only.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 06:27 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,161 Posts
Not that I know of. I just mentioned to a couple of guys which one I was using and found out that they had them as well.

Actually I like the relay. I can hear it click on, which tells me it's done it's thing when powering it up

Besides, the relay would have to be good for many thousands of actuations before wearing out no?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 03:15 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
Yes, the relays are typically rated for 50,000~100,000 cycles.... I think that should be sufficient