SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2009, 06:51 PM
The SandMan
United States, NC, Youngsville
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
Discussion
Can I use a 6 Channel E-sky radio for fixed wing airplanes?

I've seen several similar threads, but none to address this exact question. Can I use the transmitter from an E-sky Honeybee CP2 72mhz on a fixed wing RC aircraft? Not park fliers, but regular, nitro powered birds.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

SandMan
hwmccullough is offline Find More Posts by hwmccullough
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:08 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,161 Posts
The answer is there in the other threads. It makes no difference whether you are talking about park flyers or bigger models, they all fly the same way and the answer is the same -- no, it won't work.

The problem is that the transmitter is set up to do CCMP mixing for a CP helicopter and there seems to be no way to turn this off. Consequently, when you move the stick for aileron, three channels are affected (1,2, and 6). Same with moving the stick for elevator. And the throttle stick.

There's no easy way to unmix the output. With a regular transmitter you can just turn off CCPM.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 15, 2009, 02:48 PM
The SandMan
United States, NC, Youngsville
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
Thanks! I was thinking it wouldn't work but wasn't sure.
hwmccullough is offline Find More Posts by hwmccullough