HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2009, 03:50 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
Walkera HM CB100 or Walkera HM CB180D?

hi ,

Im totally a beginner in rc helis , and im planning to buy one , so i searched for a beautiful and fast one , but suitable for a beginner, so i found :
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-cb...ss-motors.html
and :
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-cb...l-edition.html
so i was wondering , are they good for me ? and which one is the best? and also please mention the important parts to buy ??

and if there any other good heli for me in the website ( i cant buy from xheli because they don't ship to my country ) please tell me ( and my budget is around 170$ )

thank you very much >>>
alnaabi is offline Find More Posts by alnaabi
Last edited by alnaabi; Dec 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:29 AM
Joined Sep 2009
172 Posts
Alnaabi,

If I were to pick between one or the other I would recommend you go with the CB100. It is a bit smaller than the 180 and from the reviews it handles quite well. However, I wouldn't recommend this particular heli for a beginner. The setup and tweaking on this heli is much more than what most beginners can handle and there is no mechanical/electric beginner setting.

I would recommend you look at the Blade MSR which is of similar size but may prove to be more durable for your early flights. Furthermore, the MSR has both mechanical and electrical setups you can change for more advance quicker response. Parts are also cheap and is supported by a large number of distributors and hobby shops.

Here is a link for you to check out http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3000. $10 USD over your budget but well worth it. Recommended spares would be a set of main blades, main gear, and skids.

Hope it helps.
Paintrain is offline Find More Posts by Paintrain
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Alnaabi,

If I were to pick between one or the other I would recommend you go with the CB100. It is a bit smaller than the 180 and from the reviews it handles quite well. However, I wouldn't recommend this particular heli for a beginner. The setup and tweaking on this heli is much more than what most beginners can handle and there is no mechanical/electric beginner setting.

I would recommend you look at the Blade MSR which is of similar size but may prove to be more durable for your early flights. Furthermore, the MSR has both mechanical and electrical setups you can change for more advance quicker response. Parts are also cheap and is supported by a large number of distributors and hobby shops.

Here is a link for you to check out http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3000. $10 USD over your budget but well worth it. Recommended spares would be a set of main blades, main gear, and skids.

Hope it helps.
thank you very much Paintrain for your Reply ,but again ,this website doesn't ship to my country which is Oman ...
so , if i took the CB100 - which i well try my best to control it step by step - ,what are the essential spares i have to order??

thank you again
Last edited by alnaabi; Dec 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:35 PM
Joined Sep 2009
172 Posts
Main blades, rotor blades, extra lipo battery, and tail BL motor I would suggest.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 05:44 AM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Main blades, rotor blades, extra lipo battery, and tail BL motor I would suggest.
thank you PAINTRAIN , but i took your advice ,so i will buy a Co-Axial heli , look at this :
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=6853

what do you think???is it good ? , i thought that i will first train on the LAMA2#1 then move to the 4#3B??
but i was wondering (maybe a stupid question ) , is the remote controller for both of the helis ?
and finally , is the spares will be the same as you told me for CB100 ?? or what??

thank you very much ... and i appreciate your replies ...
Last edited by alnaabi; Dec 15, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
alll right

i found a site that ships e-flite blade msr to my country , www.amainhobbies.com
so i decided to take it with the spare parts you mentioned ... thank you very much
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
172 Posts
Very welcome. Let us know how it turns out for you.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1 Posts
Blade msr vs cb100

You did the best possible thing buying the blade msr. I have a stable of helis and the msr is the ideal single rotor first heli. It will take abuse like a Cuban welterweight. The stability is superb and parts are EVERYWHERE. However when you start to get good with the msr, take a look at the Walkera CB100. The control is a little more precise and it has the upgrades you would want in your long-term indoor heli, like brushless main and tail motors, CNCmetalhead and so on. Good luck with your msr, you're going to love it!!
cloxter is offline Find More Posts by cloxter
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:41 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2009
313 Posts
I have both the MSR & the CB100.
Both are great, but the MSR would be better to learn on as it is very stable if you have it on LOW RATE to start with (read the manual it will explain). It can also take a real bashing so long as you cut the throttle before impact. Once you get the hang of it in low rates you can fly it normally and it really zooms around and hones your reflexes on the sticks.

However once you are proficient at the MSR get the CB100 as it is a way better flyer, it flies more like a proper heli, it is more powerful, very stable and really great outdoors in no wind. But it doesn't take much punishment although you can crash without damage, you can't make a habit of it like with the MSR.

The CB100 also looks and sounds great in the air. Once you can fly the CB100 (which you will) you won't fly the MSR much any more, at least that's been my experience with them.
Flying Fiz is offline Find More Posts by Flying Fiz
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:05 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnaabi View Post
alll right

i found a site that ships e-flite blade msr to my country , www.amainhobbies.com
so i decided to take it with the spare parts you mentioned ... thank you very much
Hi
You picked a good one and one that will be fun for years IMHO
I have and msr amoung my hanger of many different types and sizes of coax fp and cp helis, been flying now for 4 years and learned on the CP PRO(My First Heli)
I find the MSR is great for lots of fun with out the worry of crashing
Have yet to find a more resilient rc heli, even within the toy grade class
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Apr 10, 2010, 03:41 PM
Joined Dec 2009
51 Posts
hey bud i have the cb100 and msr both great choices i didnt start with a coax the lama is a good choice but i think you will get bored with it faster than the msr or cb100 if your going to spend 99us for the lama spend a bit more and get something a bit more fun and challenging both the cb100 and the msr are stable enough to start out with.. the msr is faster than the cb100 but the cb100 is a bit more realistic.enjoy which ever way you go and have fun!!!!
crashmaster 1 is offline Find More Posts by crashmaster 1