SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:24 PM
Rochester Monroe Cty, New York, United States
Joined Jan 2004
23 Posts
Wife and I saw Argo this afternoon. Definitly worth the price of a seniors/matinee. This could be in the running for the title "good movie" and end the three year drought mentioned here a while back.
freefo is offline Find More Posts by freefo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Jan 2004
23 Posts
So...yeah, a two thumbs up for Argo. I'd fogotten the event of the 6 people rescued. Too busy looking for an open gas station or a short waiting line at that time.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:50 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,672 Posts
I watched BRANDED last night, I looked forward to wacting it based on the trailer... The trailor was much better... It was short and lacked everything that made the movie lousy.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:55 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Last really 'good' movie I saw at the cinima was The Rabbit Proof Fence
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
saw looper.... good movie but they added an aspect that I thought cheapened the whole thing and it was totally unnessasary, still a good movie though.

Joseph Gordon Levitt did an AMaZING job of playing a young Bruce Willis... unreal!
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
saw looper.... good movie but they added an aspect that I thought cheapened the whole thing and it was totally unnessasary, still a good movie though.

Joseph Gordon Levitt did an AMaZING job of playing a young Bruce Willis... unreal!
I started watching it 3 days ago, fell asleep at about 20 minutes, I will have to try it again tonight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
Watched Prometheus on DVD this afternoon. Originally saw the 3D version at the theater in June ($6 senior matinee ).

Don't quite understand the divide for this movie, it sure beats the blatant CGI stuff they offer in most of the SciFi these days. I'll put it right up there near the original `Alien'. And, having seen `Lawrence of Arabia' when it first came out, kind of helps the plot, for me, as well.

The DVD included several deleted scenes and out-takes that I would have used in place of about 30 minutes of scenes that were used, such as every scene with the two annoying lost geologists in them, but all movies can be criticized in one way or another.

All in all, I enjoyed it The visuals and soundtrack are first rate!
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jan 2004
23 Posts
Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep.....in Hope Springs... Reminded me of those segments in Reader's Digest..."Can this marriage be saved?"...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Jan 2004
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Last really 'good' movie I saw at the cinima was The Rabbit Proof Fence
Yeah......sad though...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Atlas Shrugged Part II is a winner.

Saw it today, and it's much better focused than Part I and does (I think) a better job of representing what Rand was trying to get across without proselytizing. It just showed "what is".
It showed very accurately the oppressive attitude of government over private business and individuals and it's hard not to notice how relevant it is today.

As for the production itself, it's much faster paced than Part I, and it's action sequences right from the opening scene keep your attention throughout.
While the cast has been replaced from the original in Part I, you not only don't notice it, but I think I preferred the players in this one even better starting with the lead role of Dagney Taggert played now by Samantha Mathis who I think does a better job as Dagney.

While I liked Part I a lot, Part II is an almost James Bondish kind of movie with a quickly developing story line and enough intrigue to keep anyone interested, even Ayn Rand haters.

Considering the ending scene of Part II, Part III is going to be a real ride.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,672 Posts
Coolness

For me Atlas Shrugged is a 120 mile round trip to see this flick, I have located a BBQ house close by so I am making an evening of it. I think I'll take the cute blonde like last time. The wife is ok with it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:04 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,792 Posts
Just back from "FrankenWenie" good for a matinee giggle. They captured the spirit of the B&
W "B" horor flicks with a good bit of satire tossed in
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,963 Posts
Hope Springs was a good little movie. You can't miss with Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Sreep.

Here Comes the Boom. Kevin James is a funny guy. A nice feel good movie.

Seven Psychopaths. Really strange, but entertaining. A dark comedy for sure.

My wife wants to see Frankenweenie, which is a surprize as she usually hates animated movies.
davecee is online now Find More Posts by davecee
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,671 Posts
I rented Prometheus the other day and was deeply disappointed with it.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
I rented Prometheus the other day and was deeply disappointed with it.
See, we warned you, Mr Wiz!
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam