HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:46 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
The wife and I watched The Expendables last night. Lots of killing, shooting, exploding, car chases, nice bikes and even a machine gun equiped Albatros amphib to go with the star studded cast. Good action film well executed in all aspects except for the corny romantic interest.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:53 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,639 Posts
I watched The Incredibles yesterday, and found it reasonably entertaining, as cartoons go. The fillums on the telly over Christmas have generally been dire in the extreme, with few, if any, worth watching all the way through.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:06 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,769 Posts
I was kind of meh on the Expendables - watched it a couple of weeks ago. It must of been forgettable, because I didn't even recall the plot or the Albatross with the machine guns until SF mentioned it.

Saw the A-Team and thought that one was pretty good.

Re True Grit: Saw an interview where they discussed the movie production. The movie is not intended to be a remake of the John Wayne classic at all, but is a new version based on the book. Damon asked the producer if he should watch the John Wayne movie (he's never seen it ) and was told, no, read the book. I may actually go see this one in the theater with the wife.

I have never really thought much of Jeff Bridges as an actor, but he has been impressing me quite a bit lately. Seabiscuit was the first movie where I began seeing him differently. He was a perfect villain in Iron Man and of course he was great in Crazy Heart (Oscar) - though it is not my cup of tea as far as movies go.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Bridges isn't too bad and he has learned the art of role and movie selection. Not perfect at it, but no Actor can be.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:36 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Bridges isn't too bad and he has learned the art of role and movie selection. Not perfect at it, but no Actor can be.
Bridges isn't too bad. He makes actors like Arnold look like....uh... well, Arnold. How that guy become so successful as an actor is beyond me. Even Stalone is a better actor. "Yo' Adriane"
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Jeff Bridges is a very good actor for my observations of people. My favorite movie of his is "Rancho Deluxe" with Sam Waterson (sp) and Slim Pickins. He can do a lot with a few words. I'm surprised that he did so well in this new movie ...with one eye covered up the whole time.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:30 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
You're kidding right?! The Dude rulz
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
I won't lie, when I think of Bridges, I think “careful man, there's a beverage here”

What this movie lacks is the humor I remember in the book and it's not necessarily a bad thing. The dialog between the marshal and the ranger was funny at times. Both movies did hit the humor between Matty and the trader though.
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:46 AM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,375 Posts
Just caught the late showing of "True Grit."
Definitely a very good movie that swallows you up in the lawlessness of the 1800's. The cinematography/production transports you back into another time and place.
To see this movie is to avoid disappointment.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Last edited by TravisBean; Dec 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:06 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
Watched Knight and Day with the wife last night. We both enjoyed it. Well worth the dollar for a nice night in with your lady and some popcorn
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:30 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,495 Posts
The King's Speech is the best movie of the year!
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
Just watched Salt. Was ok and worth a buck but somehow never really developed a pace and was pretty predictable
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:38 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Just watched Salt. Was ok and worth a buck but somehow never really developed a pace and was pretty predictable
I agree. My wife really liked it, though. She was also the one that wanted to watch it. I think there is a chick-flick factor at work there.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:02 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,725 Posts
My wife liked it as well. Just left wanting myself.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
We saw that one the other night as well. I do believe there will be a sequel.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer