SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:11 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I totally spaced the story on Book of Eli. I thought it was something else altogether and ignored it. Have to rent it soon.

Toy Story 3 was the bestest ever
Agree. That Book of Ei is really good but in a Mad Max kind of way.

I just so love the deal breaker ending and the sword with its own Sha Shing.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Jul 10, 2010, 05:20 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Just saw Predators. Overall I give it a 7 of 10. There was a lot to enjoy in the movie but the structure or pacing of it was lacking IMO. They also missed the mark on capitalizing on the scenes like the first Pred movie. The wife gave it 8 of 10 so maybe yours will enjoy it as well.

They did reference or rehash one scene from the first movie which seemed there solely to make that connection and didn't really work well for me. The Preds were varied by type in the movie but the details of their differences were not really explained. To me the relationship/dynamic between the characters was rushed. They were all complete strangers thrown together all at once and became a team in just a few moments it seemed. Way too many strong personalities to have fell in line that quickly.

Worth seeing but I wouldn't break my neck to get out to the theater
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Last edited by bildo baggins; Jul 10, 2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
I took in Night and Day with the kids and give it a thumbs up.

Lots of stuff get's blown up and it's a love story too.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Taking in the new Shrek soon... Always like the past ones.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 06:35 AM
Darwin Awards Nominee
Joined May 2009
58 Posts
The hangover = +
Zombieland = ++
sherlock holmes = ++
avatar = + 1/2 Some of the 3d was excellent, other parts merely pissed me off (not hurt my eyes, etc, but actually annoyed me)
Toy story 3 (2D) = +++ spoiler The lighting at the furnace was awesome, good story as well
Jak_o_Shadows is offline Find More Posts by Jak_o_Shadows
Old Aug 09, 2010, 07:16 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Saw Inception. I was almost bored. The wife gave it 5 stars. Wish I knew why I didn't care for it but it just didn't grab me. Interesting concept just too busy I guess. Good effects but nothing really clicked for me

We rented The Losers and I loved that one
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:52 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Watched Kick Ass this weekend. It was pretty entertaining. It won't be winning any oscars though.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 09, 2010, 09:02 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Saw that too. Hit Girl rulz!
Old Aug 09, 2010, 10:45 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Saw Inception. I was almost bored. The wife gave it 5 stars. Wish I knew why I didn't care for it but it just didn't grab me. Interesting concept just too busy I guess. Good effects but nothing really clicked for me

We rented The Losers and I loved that one
The only reason I liked Inception as much as I did was because I knew that it was written by the same guy (Christopher Nolan) who wrote another movie along the same confusing lines that I liked even more: "Momento".

Like Momento, Inception played around with hidden areas of the mind and used that as a basis to put together really quite original concepts.
The first thing I thought after seeing Inception was that too many other guys could have played a better lead than DeCaprio.

I also give "Salt" a big thumbs up. The plot twists were a bit far-fetched, but they kept you guessing (mostly wrong) right up to the end.
It was clearly written with "Sequel!" plastered all over it, and I can see it as a TV series easily.
Salt is also noted for it's absence of Jolie skin other than in the very first scene. So I guess the fact that I liked a movie without a neked' Jolie means I must have actually liked the movie.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
A lot of poeple liked Inception and like I said, I wish I knew why it didn't do it for me but it didn't
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:11 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
I liked Inception. It is nice to watch a movie that uses your brain.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:15 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
The first thing I thought after seeing Inception was that too many other guys could have played a better lead than DeCaprio.
Caprio did fine with the part, But you are right. They used him to bring in the kiddies. They didn't need him or half the "shoot em up" stuff.

That makes money though.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:10 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
Watched Australia with Hugh Jackson and Nicole Kidman.
"Set in northern Australia before World War II, an English aristocrat who inherits a sprawling ranch reluctantly pacts with a stock-man in order to protect her new property from a takeover plot. As the pair drive 2,000 head of cattle over unforgiving landscape, they experience the bombing of Darwin, Australia, by Japanese forces firsthand."

Enjoyed the scenery and the "good girl/bad boy" interaction.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:25 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
12 – a Russian movie about 12 jurors deciding the fate of a Chechen boy accused of murdering his stepfather. Good, not great. Dragged on a little long

Broken Embraces – a Pedro Almodóvar movie staring Penélope Cruz. Either you like Almodóvar movies or you don't - I do. And Penélope is smoking hot and topless.

The Stoning of Soraya M. - an Iranian movie, and the title kinda says it all. I thought it was a very good movie and worth seeing, but it's definitely not the feel good hit of the year.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiessCo View Post
12 – a Russian movie about 12 jurors deciding the fate of a Chechen boy accused of murdering his stepfather. Good, not great. Dragged on a little long

Broken Embraces – a Pedro Almodóvar movie staring Penélope Cruz. Either you like Almodóvar movies or you don't - I do. And Penélope is smoking hot and topless.

The Stoning of Soraya M. - an Iranian movie, and the title kinda says it all. I thought it was a very good movie and worth seeing, but it's definitely not the feel good hit of the year.
You rent these at netflix or the like?
I've never seen them at my local video rental place but would like to watch them.