SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2010, 02:36 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
I totally missed what Professor Moriarty was after until it was revealed in the end.

Possible spoiler alert.....

Kind of embarrassing considering it's one of my passions...

(Hint for you if you highlight the message.)
I'll deleted this if anyone thinks this is a spoiler.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:24 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
We watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, or as I prefer "Män som hatar kvinnor", recently http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/millenium_le_film/ and thought it was a very good detective thriller, albeit with some graphic sexual violence.

I believe an American re-make is planned for those who prefer not to read and watch at the same time! The spousal unit read the popular book and thought the movie was faithful to it.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:38 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
My son and I watched "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief." He is 12 and enjoyed it. I would not recommend for the under 8 or so demographic due to graphic violence and fight scenes, but otherwise, a reasonable (but a bit disjointed) plot, and interesting action.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:48 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Watched Hurt Locker over the weekend. It was okay. Not as good as I was expecting given all of the hype and it was quite a bit over the top.

Watched 2012 last week. What a horrible movie. That is 2.5 hours of my life that I will never get back.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:51 AM
I'm kind of a big deal
Tarpon Springs, FL USA
Joined Feb 2002
852 Posts
I watched Gran Torino and I liked it better than I expected.

It's a bit hard to watch at times because Clint's character can be unlikable, but it works.

I made a few assumptions about the movie after I saw the commercials for it, but they were incorrect.

......and something about the theme song grabs me.
Tarpon Shawn is offline Find More Posts by Tarpon Shawn
Old Apr 05, 2010, 11:05 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,726 Posts
2012 was stupid but I went into it knowing that and was able to kill the popcorn all the way thru it
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 05, 2010, 02:03 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
Watched Planet 51 on DVD this weekend.

I expected very little going in, and was pleasantly surprised. There was more than a couple places that I was told to stop laughing cause no-one else could hear the movie. I thought the characters carried over from Monsters Inc. were a fun touch.

On the other hand, it got thumped at RottenTomatoes.com (22% fresh), so take my endorsement with a grain of salt...
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2010, 02:53 PM
Joined Dec 2005
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaker View Post
Watched Sherlock Holmes tonight with my brother and really enjoyed it.

Thumbs up from me.
My son has the Blue ray. We watched it on Easter. Good movie. Mainly because of the acting, but still a good flick. Ticked because of the obvious missing "elementary my dear Watson". At least I missed it.

Come on, anyone see Clash yet?
I even watched the old version on netflix to get ready. I also made my kids watch Jason and the Argonauts with me to prepare. I finally convinced them that the special effects were really good for the early 60's. They agreed, while cleaning up the nasal sprayed cola.
crashdummy6 is offline Find More Posts by crashdummy6
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:30 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
We just watched The Road and it was the bleakest post-apocalypse movie we've ever seen.
Almost through this one now. You are correct Sir! Bleakest, most depressing thing ever. Wife had to bail out on me. Said she couldn't take it anymore

Wouldn't do it again
Old Jun 08, 2010, 08:54 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
The book was depressing enough that I don't feel the need to see the movie.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:34 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,784 Posts
Rented "The Red Baron" two weeks ago. Almost worth the red box $1 I paid for it. Totally ficticious account, only the WW-I planes in the background were worth lookinig at.

The Mrs and I took in "Toy Story 3" in 3-D Saturday. Theater was full of kids who actually stayed quiet through the whole thing, and sobbing adults through the last 15 minutes. If you're a softie, it's a tearjerker.

T
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:37 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Watched Hurt Locker over the weekend. It was okay. Not as good as I was expecting given all of the hype and it was quite a bit over the top.

Watched 2012 last week. What a horrible movie. That is 2.5 hours of my life that I will never get back.
After all the hype, I didn't care for Hurt Locker at all. Just watched Green Zone last night on PPV. It was pretty good. Watched Life of Eli again as well. That's becoming a cult movie, for me anyway Both kids have become Boondock Saints fans, now that we have about the third copy of the first movie.

Looking forward to the new Preditor on the 19th and the new Angelina movie, Salt. Both trailers look excellent.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:45 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,726 Posts
I totally spaced the story on Book of Eli. I thought it was something else altogether and ignored it. Have to rent it soon.

Toy Story 3 was the bestest ever
Old Jul 05, 2010, 11:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
I loved Toy story 3 even got a tear or two in my eye watching it. (so did my daughter)
A movie I could certianly watch again and even again.

Animations sure have come a long way. Hearty Thumbs up from me.
Last edited by Bilbobaker; Jul 06, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
I have to say I really enjoyed watching Iron Man 2. It was over the top funny and good in my opinion.
Yep... Thumbs Up.