HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:30 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
Is that a typo weirdjack? Santa is bringing you an mcx s300 and you bought an mcx to learn on? You do realize they are the exact same helicopter, the s300 just has a different body.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
we're all bozos on this bus
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Is that a typo weirdjack? Santa is bringing you an mcx s300 and you bought an mcx to learn on? You do realize they are the exact same helicopter, the s300 just has a different body.
Not a typo. Yes, I know the airframe is the same on both models. But the s300 has more than just a different "body". The tail assembly with the extra struts and fake rotor on the s300 are more fragile than the mCX's carbon boom and plain fin. The example I saw flown at the LHS had it's tail all messed-up and the rotor broken off. I bought BOTH so I wouldn't bugger up the mCXs300's more fragile tail assembly while I was learning (As I've never tried a heli of any sort before). The plain mCX BNF was only like $66 at HobbyKing...cheap.
I had no desire to crap out something my wife will be handing me for a Christmas present...before she has a chance to give it to me officially. Although I have yet to inflict any harm to either of them in over 200 flights now.
What the heck....like no one else here has both?
Just got an mSR yesterday also.
weirdjack is offline Find More Posts by weirdjack
Last edited by weirdjack; Dec 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 01:26 PM
Western Pennsylvania
Joined Oct 2004
797 Posts
Hey, Santa brought me an MSR as well. All I can say is this little heli is great. I fly 450 class outside, but, with Winter upon us in my neck-o-the-woods, this little heli makes a great way to keep the brain and fingers working in unison.

I'd think it's a great heli for learning orientation and helicopter flight basics as well. Like other's have mentioned, cut the throttle before the crash, and fly low and over soft areas.

Thanks Santa!

Merry Christmas
Norm66 is offline Find More Posts by Norm66
Last edited by Norm66; Dec 18, 2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: more to add
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:15 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdjack View Post
Not a typo. Yes, I know the airframe is the same on both models. But the s300 has more than just a different "body". The tail assembly with the extra struts and fake rotor on the s300 are more fragile than the mCX's carbon boom and plain fin. The example I saw flown at the LHS had it's tail all messed-up and the rotor broken off. I bought BOTH so I wouldn't bugger up the mCXs300's more fragile tail assembly while I was learning (As I've never tried a heli of any sort before). The plain mCX BNF was only like $66 at HobbyKing...cheap.
I had no desire to crap out something my wife will be handing me for a Christmas present...before she has a chance to give it to me officially. Although I have yet to inflict any harm to either of them in over 200 flights now.
What the heck....like no one else here has both?
Just got an mSR yesterday also.

Ahh, Im sure plenty people have both, just thought it funny that you bought an mcx to learn on, to fly an mcx s300. To me that was like buying a blue msr cause you were getting a red one for christmas. I didn't know about the tail on the s300, so that is good info.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay