HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:39 AM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
just to give you an idea what the camera's main core is. Its a SPCA1527A 32-bit ARM926EJ which runs at 168MHz.

That is basically the cpu used for the following cameras which all uses the same driver for webcam use. Yup, the key chain cam can function as a webcam camera as well through the USB connector.

http://terry88wang.en.made-in-china....-YSB-001-.html

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mini-Spy-Hidd...item1c0ee34071
EQMOD is offline Find More Posts by EQMOD
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:52 AM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
by the way, if you remove the casing and the USB connector, total flight time with the 4#3b with this camera is a whopping 7 minutes!!!

With the casing and connector, flight time is only around 4 minutes as the motor has to work harder with the added weight and tail motor also has to compensate for the added torque due to the increased speed on the main motor to attain lift.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 05:05 AM
Joined Jan 2009
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQMOD View Post
by the way, if you remove the casing and the USB connector, total flight time with the 4#3b with this camera is a whopping 7 minutes!!!

With the casing and connector, flight time is only around 4 minutes as the motor has to work harder with the added weight and tail motor also has to compensate for the added torque due to the increased speed on the main motor to attain lift.
How much weight was saved in total from removing various parts Mon? It must be substantial to gain 3mins of flight?

Any further progress on a steadying system?

Flash
CQE Flash is offline Find More Posts by CQE Flash
Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:17 AM
Certified Codger
NE Texas
Joined Jan 2008
557 Posts
Quote:
is there a way to remove that date. Also i heard that the cam can only store 4gb of data. Beyond that it will overwrite what was originally stored due to the FAT32 limitation ?
No way to remove the date from the camera, but it can be removed in editing by masking or deleting the bottom few rows of pixels. When the card fills up, the camera stops recording. It doesn't overwrite.

Tons of info on these cameras (3 versions) here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1115052

John
wingspann is offline Find More Posts by wingspann
Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:50 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspann View Post
No way to remove the date from the camera, but it can be removed in editing by masking or deleting the bottom few rows of pixels. When the card fills up, the camera stops recording. It doesn't overwrite.

Tons of info on these cameras (3 versions) here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1115052

John
Lots of info on that thread. Thanks for the link.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:53 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CQE Flash View Post
How much weight was saved in total from removing various parts Mon? It must be substantial to gain 3mins of flight?

Any further progress on a steadying system?

Flash
Total weight not including keychain is close to 15 grams. After removing the unecessary parts, weight greatly reduced to close to 6 grams. Thats roughly 11 grams of weight savings. 11 grams would significantly add more load on a 4#3B considering that its power train is just enough for the entire heli alone.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 08:13 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Hi Mon,

Where did you find this locally?
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Old Dec 23, 2009, 07:20 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Lots on ebay, a bit of a wait. Today got a package, I was excited...it was one of wifey's presents.

Saw a neat vid on another thread, that fellow rubberbanded the cam to his tail feathers. Had a view of the head while he flew around, very coolt to watch the head working while flying

Guess I won't get mine by Christmas....oh well, I got 3 helis to build over the weekend

Merry Christmas
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:31 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338 View Post
Hi Mon,

Where did you find this locally?
168 divisoria mall, or meetu-up deliver via sulit.com.ph
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:32 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
Lots on ebay, a bit of a wait. Today got a package, I was excited...it was one of wifey's presents.

Saw a neat vid on another thread, that fellow rubberbanded the cam to his tail feathers. Had a view of the head while he flew around, very coolt to watch the head working while flying

Guess I won't get mine by Christmas....oh well, I got 3 helis to build over the weekend

Merry Christmas
any link on the video or thread ? would love to see how it was done.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:46 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Yep, here it is, he describes in install a couple of post below. Watch the head move as he maneuvers, pretty cool

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...56825&page=241
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:43 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
That rear view definitley gives and interesting perspective
I am still awainting my cheapies from ebay. I need to get them light weight like what EQMOD did so i can strap it to mine and my son's little helis.

Quote:
I was concerend about flight times with the added weight but i just noticed that 7 minutes on the 4#3B as the post above. That is a really good flight time running both heli and camera...cant wait for mine.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 24, 2009, 04:26 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
One of my Customers in Tucson (Alan t.) got me one for christmas so I will try mine out soon!
Thanks again Alan!
I have some really great customers!
Cheers, JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2009, 08:27 AM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ View Post
One of my Customers in Tucson (Alan t.) got me one for christmas so I will try mine out soon!
Thanks again Alan!
I have some really great customers!
Cheers, JohnW
great gift !
Old Jan 04, 2010, 09:50 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Fat32 can only read and write a files smaller than 4gb, but the drive size itself is limited to 2 terabytes of 512k clusters.

Thus the issue isn't so much the total amount the card can hold, but the size of the video. If you were to run the camera non stop long enough to record 4 gb, it would cause an issue.

Of course the original version with the built in card is probably also based on a fat16 rather than fat32 files system, which would also cause issues.
Barak1001 is online now Find More Posts by Barak1001