HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:11 PM
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
870 Posts
Discussion
I made a camera gimbal for my Quad today.

Today I made a camera gimbal for a compact camera. I made it for a Panasonic DMC-TZ7 or similar.
The main structure is made from 15mm x 2mm aluminium. The mechanics are a 12mm x 6mm x 4mm flanged ballrace and 9 gram servo. The bearing shaft is extended beyond the bearing to allow for the need to shift the cradle left and right.
The suspension device is a piece of 6mm, fabric reinforced rubber cut into a diamond. The gimbal is suspended left and right of the diamond while the diamond is attached to the airframe front to back. I kept each component at a distance by using some silicone fuel tube as standoffs over the bolts.
I still have to decide on the shutter control, either servo or electric, re-balance the cradle and some tidying here and there but otherwise it turned out very well.

Tommygunn is offline Find More Posts by Tommygunn
Last edited by Tommygunn; Dec 13, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:48 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,353 Posts
Nice job! Looks very professional!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:53 PM
My name is Tom
Joined Aug 2009
870 Posts
Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 03:42 PM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn View Post
Today I made a camera gimbal for a compact camera. I made it for a Panasonic DMC-TZ7 or similar.
The main structure is made from 15mm x 2mm aluminium. The machanics are a 12mm x 6mm x 4mm flanged ballrace and 9 gram servo. The bearing shaft is extended beyond the bearing to allow for the need to shift the cradle left and right.
The suspension device is a piece of 6mm, fabric reinforced rubber cut into a diamond. The gimbal is suspended left and right of the diamond while the diamond is attached to the airframe front to back. I kept each component at a distance by using some silicone fuel tube as standoffs over the bolts.
I still have to decide on the shutter control, either servo or electric, re-balance the cradle and some tidying here and there but otherwise it turned out very well.

Great looking mount , and Quad frame .. very neat , and great craftsmanship ....

Terry
KAMAX-T is offline Find More Posts by KAMAX-T
Old Dec 13, 2009, 04:00 PM
My name is Tom
Joined Aug 2009
870 Posts
Thanks.
I'm glad it came out so well. Handtools, a vice and some elbow grease was all it took.