HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:14 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
Swap Meet
Jan. 15-16, 2010-- Georgetown, TX--13th Annual Georgetown Swap Meet

This information is from the Georgetown Aeromodelers Association Swap Meet web page: http://www.gamarc.org/swapmeet/index.php

Printable flyer here: http://www.gamarc.org/swapmeet/GAMA_SwapMeet_2010.pdf

This will be the 13th year for the Georgetown Texas Swap Meet. We will be open both Friday and Saturday with an auction Saturday afternoon. Come join the biggest swap meet in Central Texas. Plenty of free parking and approximately 100 tables for sellers while they last on a first come - first choice basis.

Entry: $5.00 each day admission. Spouses or children under 12 with adult are free.

Tables: $5.00 each. Limit of 2 tables per seller, table fee is good for both days. (i.e. $5.00 gets you a table for up to 2 days)
Outside sellers are still required to pay the admission fee.

Date and Time: Sales hours are: Friday January 15th: 2:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturday, January 16th: 8:00am to 2:00pm
Setup starts at: Friday: 1:30pm and Saturday: 7:30am. No entry prior to that time!

Location: San Gabriel Community Center in Georgetown's San Gabriel Park: http://www.gamarc.org/swapmeet/SwapMapPark.jpg

Here is where I found it on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...ed=0CAkQ8gEwAA

Activities: Concessions. Giant Scale area. Door prizes awarded throughout the event, winner must be present to win. Raffle on Saturday at 2:00pm, winner need NOT be present to win.

For more information contact:
Bob Petrinec @ 512-260-3887 or rpetrinec@austin.rr.com

SPEEDING TICKET WARNING: The speed limit in San Gabriel Park is 20 mph and I saw a number of people gettting tickets last year. Drive slow in the park and save your money for the swap meet.

This is a great swap meet. Get there early.

See you there.

Richard
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
Last edited by Richard N; Jan 02, 2010 at 02:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:29 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,157 Posts
Thanks for starting the thread Richard. I know the Highland Lakes Flyers are planning to be there. This is truly one of the best Swap Meets in the area.
McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Dec 17, 2009, 02:04 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
Less than a month before the first big Texas swap meet of the year.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:06 PM
Double Naught Spy
USA, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Aug 2004
380 Posts
By all means watch your speed limit in the park. Several people got tickets
last year. Among them was the fella I rode with!
iamplanecrazy2 is offline Find More Posts by iamplanecrazy2
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
20 days.
Old Jan 02, 2010, 12:49 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
Less than two weeks until the first Texas swap meet of the year.
Old Jan 07, 2010, 07:24 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
A little over a week away.

Looks like the local weather will be warming into the 40s for next weekend which will be a great improvement from the teens we are going to get for the next couple of days.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:01 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,520 Posts
How large is this compared to like Weatherford? Just wondering if I should take the hike down.....

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:27 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Joined Sep 2005
5,157 Posts
Mike,
It's the biggest in this area. I haven't been to Weatherford, so I can't give you a comparison. Maybe Richard can give you some input.
Mike McD
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:45 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
Mike,

It compares very favorably with Weatherford in size and variety of goods and it is only a few days away while you will have to wait until March 19-20 for Weatherford.

It is well worth the trip.

Mike McD,

You really need to come to Weatherford. It is great. If you like Georgetown, you will love Weatherford. You should not miss either one.

Richard
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:33 AM
E-Flight Addict
Weatherford, Tx.
Joined Oct 2003
1,329 Posts
I'll see you there on Friday !

Rick
ronin8451 is offline Find More Posts by ronin8451
Old Jan 12, 2010, 02:42 AM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
Rick,

Good to hear from you.

Richard
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:48 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Joined Sep 2005
5,157 Posts
The kingsland bunch will be making our plans this morning for the Georgetown trip. Not sure how many vehicles we will need at this point. I guess it will depend on how many "big" planes each of us wants to bring. See you soon.

BTW Richard, how is my/your new Lupo doing? Is it fitted out with the latest countermeasures for TINY?

McD
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2010, 02:26 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
The kingsland bunch will be making our plans this morning for the Georgetown trip. Not sure how many vehicles we will need at this point. I guess it will depend on how many "big" planes each of us wants to bring. See you soon.

BTW Richard, how is my/your new Lupo doing? Is it fitted out with the latest countermeasures for TINY?

McD
Now wait a minute! Countermeasures? I need to see if that is in the rule book...oh what the heck! One thing for sure, Richard needs to increase his towing capacity for the Lupo...

What great fun we have!

Me and possibly several others are planning to make Georgetown this time. I still have a lot of glow stuff that I will never use....

See ya there,

Mark
aeronot is offline Find More Posts by aeronot
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:13 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,966 Posts
McD,

The Lupo I got from you is still in the box it came in but I can finally get working on it after completing 3 non flying fiberglass 1/10 scale F-16s to pay the bills. TINY is coming up fast and I need to get some "special" planes built for the fun we are going to have there. TINY is the best indoor event in Texas and you need to bring all your friends: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144238

Mark,

I need countermeasures because Lupos just aren't the best offensive airplanes out there. I got second in the last down at Midland by hiding just under the ceiling and I don't think that will work this time. You know, I have some leftover bottle rockets from New Years...

You might also bring some TINY flyers to Georgetown and have them make an announcement about it.

Richard
Last edited by Richard N; Jan 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM.