HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:30 AM
Fogelsville, PA
Joined Mar 2004
670 Posts
Discussion
Attention Power 160 owners: Easy question on E-Flite Power 160 dimensions

I bought a generic Power 160 motor and I'm trying to figure out if the E-Flite prop adaptor (the one used if the motor is mounted radially) will work on my generic Power 160. Please see picture. I just need to know what the diameter is of that raised portion of the real Power 160 that the adaptor fits over. On my generic one, its just under 29mm.

Also need to know what the distance is (center of hole to center of hole) between 2 of the 4 prop adaptor mounting holes crossing over the end of the motor shaft. On my generic it's 22mm. Any help is appreciated. Posted the same question on Wattflyer.

Please no hazing, I easily own over a $1000 worth of Horizon Hobby products, but this was a deal I could not pass up. Thanks for any help! Doug
maverickma is offline Find More Posts by maverickma
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:45 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickma View Post
I bought a generic Power 160 motor and I'm trying to figure out if the E-Flite prop adaptor (the one used if the motor is mounted radially) will work on my generic Power 160. Please see picture. I just need to know what the diameter is of that raised portion of the real Power 160 that the adaptor fits over. On my generic one, its just under 29mm.

Also need to know what the distance is (center of hole to center of hole) between 2 of the 4 prop adaptor mounting holes crossing over the end of the motor shaft. On my generic it's 22mm. Any help is appreciated. Posted the same question on Wattflyer.

Please no hazing, I easily own over a $1000 worth of Horizon Hobby products, but this was a deal I could not pass up. Thanks for any help! Doug
Looks like the motor you have is one of the Exceed Power 160's sold over at hobbypartz.com and nitroplanes.com

You can call them, they are out of California and order in the radial adapter and xmount if you need them.

cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Dec 11, 2009, 05:07 PM
Fogelsville, PA
Joined Mar 2004
670 Posts
I called and they are out until January, but my main concern is being able to put a nice spinner on and with the stock adaptor, I can't because it doesn't have the center hole. Yes I can drill and tap but would prefer something I can just bolt on that has the hole already tapped.
maverickma is offline Find More Posts by maverickma