Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:00 AM
Registered Airplane Offender
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
4,642 Posts
John- Come out Friday 'cause I won't be out on Thursday. I'm bringing nothing but big stuff this year. Planning to be constantly in line. (Going for Pope's record)

Barrett
greenseaships is online now Find More Posts by greenseaships
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:09 AM
Pushing the Limits of FFF
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jun 2005
1,165 Posts
Barrett,
Not sure if I can make it on Friday. My planes leaves at 1pm, so it don't leave me much time. But we will see.

Thanks Pat, I will try to be there Thurs. afternoon for sure.

John
wirbech is offline Find More Posts by wirbech
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:23 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,252 Posts
I've placed an order for sunshine so I can take better pictures this year. I have a new for me Canon zoom lens 100-300 with IS so I plan to take more stills this year. 43 videos was an editing killer for last years article.
Yesterday's all afternoon sanding session was scrubbed as my partner had to do something else at the last minute and the plane is at his house. Finishing the WOW B-17 will be very hard to do now with just 16 days until we leave here but we will try. I ordered some more decals from Callie to get more detail with bomb missions and other small markings.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:31 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,967 Posts
We've had absolutely gorgeous weather the past two weekends. Temps around 70 and light winds, sunny and no rain. I just hope we haven't used up the good weather for the month!

We have rain moving in later this week. Let's hope it gets it out of its system and leaves us with great weather the rest of the month!

Pat
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:20 PM
Pushing the Limits of FFF
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jun 2005
1,165 Posts
That will be a nice break and I am looking forward to it.......It has been around 17 every morning and has not warmed up past 40 for the last two weeks...and beleive it not, I got 1/2" of snow at my house. I am about 35 miles south of Atlanta....Had a nasty ice storm here thursday. You guys thought that people there can not drive in the rain....Give a southerner snow and ice, and the fun begins...Makes the snowbirds driving seem like a walk in the park...There was a 27 car accident on one of the onramps heading to the airport. All involved were ok, but the all worked for the airport.....

John
wirbech is offline Find More Posts by wirbech
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:47 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,453 Posts
I will be at the show all day Saturday and Sunday. I am going to be in town working and can't work on this contract on weekends.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:02 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,136 Posts
Looks like we have about 10 members of the Grand Junction Modeleers headed down this year! We are all very excited, can't wait!
Joshua Wesley is offline Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:20 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,140 Posts
Looks like we'll be able to make it after all. We're flying out, since our dealer ADCHobbyStore will have plenty of our products to sell, we're just there to crash and take up pilot stations.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:36 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
Looks like we'll be able to make it after all. We're flying out, since our dealer ADCHobbyStore will have plenty of our products to sell, we're just there to crash and take up pilot stations.
Yes! I'm tellin ya, you guys are 90% of the entertainment!
Joshua Wesley is offline Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:01 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2009
1,421 Posts
I'm going but still deciding what to bring.
lazer155 is offline Find More Posts by lazer155
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:52 PM
The Young Man
Joined Mar 2005
614 Posts
I'll be there. I am bringing my Dad.

Sorry no plans flying at this time

But my dad is coming to visit for the first time in 8 years and he loves RC models so I will bring him.

Excogitate is offline Find More Posts by Excogitate
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:19 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,252 Posts
To kill the time on the ride from Northern California, and because I won't have time to assemble it here. I'm planning on assembling a Multiplex Merlin while sitting in the passenger seat in the van. When not driving I will be building. I hope to glue the longerons to the outside of the fuselage while still here using my flat building table (for a straight fuselage). Additionally I hope to make the small sub assemblies with little parts becasue I don't want to have to look for little parts on the floor of the van. Keeping with the theme it will be the electric version of the Merlin of course. Mike H
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:53 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,967 Posts
Good thing you guys are not travelling right now. Man, it's nasty out there!

Pat
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:19 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,252 Posts
It is really bad in So Cal right now. Areas that were burned near Santa Barbara last year are having mud slides. My son had to go a long way around to get to work this morning. He saw cars with water half way up the door on 101 yesterday.
Long rang forecast is for dry, at least when we leave here. Mike
RCG Plus Member