HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:52 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Lightnin's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Ok so you are not going to point out where I did not respond directly to your posts, you are just going to complain because you were challenged. That's fine. That's what I have come to expect from you.

You did not get anybody's goat. You made personal attacks and were called out for it that's all.

For the record here is your first ever response to one of my posts:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=27

A personal attack. I'll let that speak for itself.
Well you got me I didn't get your goat at all.

It's like a bag of bricks the only one who can decide how long you carry it around is you.

Keep trying there little buddy.

Like I said, I call them as I see them and I respond in kind.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:54 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Lightnin's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
Nice water, cool, refreshing water.
Yes I prefer cool refreshing water, let me know when you find some. I don't care for Kool-aide, that appears to be grape flavor you are drinking?
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:10 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin View Post
Southern Manitoba is minuscule compared to the area I'm talking about, so it is interesting but not really relevant to the OP.

I just looked up the figures, many Novembers have been drier in Southern Manitoba than this one and this Novembers hi temps came no where near the highest of temps observed in November. The monthly average was only slightly higher than other records in the database.

One new record low was hit in MN today and another was tied.

But to tell you the truth with the kind of temps you guys usually have I can't believe you are complaining.
I'm certainly not complaining about a warm November, however you're missing the point I was making. A warmer November in Manitoba is not an indicator of global warming anymore than the cold Decembers in the places you're pointing out, or the crappy July we had, for that matter.

Climate change is about overall averages. There maybe rises and falls in the graphs, but if the overall trend is upward, that indicates warming. One or two years colder than average won't mean nothing until it becomes an overall trend.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:22 AM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin View Post
Yes I prefer cool refreshing water, let me know when you find some. I don't care for Kool-aide, that appears to be grape flavor you are drinking?
I prefer diet Dr. Pepper over the sickly sweet taste of false confidence you are swilling.
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:47 PM
Suspended Account
WildManWillie's Avatar
Right here in the middle of the fly over zone
Joined Aug 2009
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin View Post

It's like a bag of bricks the only one who can decide how long you carry it around is you.
Sounds like hard unproductive work to me!
WildManWillie is offline Find More Posts by WildManWillie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin View Post
Well you got me I didn't get your goat at all.

It's like a bag of bricks the only one who can decide how long you carry it around is you.

Keep trying there little buddy.

Like I said, I call them as I see them and I respond in kind.
I'm not carrying around anything. Just pointing out your the hypocracy of your complaints. If you would just respond to the responses without whining we would not have to go through this.
Sherlock is online now Find More Posts by Sherlock
Last edited by Sherlock; Dec 12, 2009 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:51 PM
Suspended Account
WildManWillie's Avatar
Right here in the middle of the fly over zone
Joined Aug 2009
206 Posts
Lightnin
You are a winner!
Keep on wining.
WildManWillie is offline Find More Posts by WildManWillie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:52 PM
Suspended Account
WildManWillie's Avatar
Right here in the middle of the fly over zone
Joined Aug 2009
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
I'm not carrying around anything. Just pointing out your the hypocracy of your complaints. If you would just respond to the responses without wining we would not have to go through this.

Well give him a cigar!
WildManWillie is offline Find More Posts by WildManWillie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
+1 to Lightnin for the first excellent post, and all the great followups.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:53 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
+1 to Lightnin for the first excellent post, and all the great followups.
This is the kind of thing he is looking for. Thank you for providing it. Maybe he will be better able to respond to the post instead of just getting upset when challenged now.

+1 to your post
Sherlock is online now Find More Posts by Sherlock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
Registered User
imgumby's Avatar
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin View Post
What can I say.

More spamming the forum and obnoxious behavior by Sherlock. Just for the record, you are the late comer to this forum. I have been a member here for a long time. You consistently annoy other users and have pursued this behavior from day one.

You get what you give, and when you get it back you like to complain about it. We all know your games.
So now disagreeing is spamming and obnoxious behavior
This would be a nice cozy forum for you on the right if no one challenged you....

I think a counterpart to the right is needed here....maybe I start this next week off by posting regular thinkprogress web site copy/pastes ....turn the rights tactics back on them

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:45 PM
Registered User
Pa., USA
Joined Jan 2006
700 Posts
...
don_87 is offline Find More Posts by don_87
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:53 PM
Registered User
Pa., USA
Joined Jan 2006
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
I think a counterpart to the right is needed here....maybe I start this next week off by posting regular thinkprogress web site copy/pastes ....turn the rights tactics back on them

imgumby


That's been the problem with the global warming debate the entire time.
POLITICAL

Thanks for reinforcing it.


Don
don_87 is offline Find More Posts by don_87
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:12 AM
Registered User
imgumby's Avatar
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_87 View Post
That's been the problem with the global warming debate the entire time.
POLITICAL

Thanks for reinforcing it.


Don
I have helped you reinforce nothing of the sort.....

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:17 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Lightnin's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
I'm certainly not complaining about a warm November, however you're missing the point I was making. A warmer November in Manitoba is not an indicator of global warming anymore than the cold Decembers in the places you're pointing out, or the crappy July we had, for that matter.

Climate change is about overall averages. There maybe rises and falls in the graphs, but if the overall trend is upward, that indicates warming. One or two years colder than average won't mean nothing until it becomes an overall trend.
I understand what you are saying Sport (can I use Sport for short?) but here is the problem. The events I pointed out are happening across the majority of the US, that is more than just weather and it is more than just regional weather.

The science on the Great Pacific Climate shift and the southern oscillation influence was good and independently reviewed science that explains the warming. The warmers don't like the science it because it was not reviewed by the panel than has been outed as corrupt.

We know it is an approximate 30 year cycle that last shifted between 1977-1979 guess what? it is time for it to shift again. This coincides with a period when the GW models say temps should be going up and in fact we are setting record low temp and precipitation levels. With the rapid decrease in temps 2009 will fall very low in the recent rankings for warm years. The storms are lined up one after the other and the jet stream has dropped and is holding lower than I can remember.

With the low temps at the north pole we are likely to see a large increase in sea ice this winter.

If this trend continues it is very likely that Mann et al will need to figure out how Global Warming is causing the cooling.

But seriously, it looks like the science based on real observations and not on models performed by the Australians may have been right. And it is not dependent on using models in a way they should not be used in science.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Last edited by Lightnin; Dec 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Global Warming Categorically Verified: lymon Life, The Universe, and Politics 22 Dec 11, 2012 04:21 AM
Discussion Tale of Two Hoaxes: Man-made Global Warming and Obamacare dumbthumbs Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Dec 10, 2009 02:02 AM
Discussion Global Warming Categorically Refuted: lymon Life, The Universe, and Politics 47 Dec 09, 2009 11:40 AM
Poll Global warming.... I had to do it. (sigh) Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 37 Dec 07, 2009 04:39 PM
Discussion New forum: Global Warming/Climate Change Marten New Forum Requests 2 Dec 06, 2009 06:10 PM