HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by timflight1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
613 Posts
Anyone have a bunch of heavy duty zip ties they want to bring today? We probably need a good 50 to 75 of them. If not maybe I can go buy a pack on the way over today.
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:34 AM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
613 Posts
Looks like we don't have a plow for use today. Does anyone have access to a Truck/plow or 4-wheeler with a plow they can bring out at noon today? Otherwise Chris and I will load up snow blowers and bring them out. Since the road was plowed once and the last snow was light, we think this may work. Does anyone else have a snow blower they could bring out? More the merrier! If you have a plow or access to a plow, please help out and bring it today if you can. We sure would appreciate the help.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,077 Posts
all done, ready to go,except for the little club generator, but
Craige is working on that. you can thank Cris, Tim S. Craige and Mustang Bob. for the warmth and easy access to the flight stations.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:16 PM
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
590 Posts
Thanks guys, sorry I couldn't make it today, I will touch up with the plow tomorrow night.
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:40 PM
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
590 Posts
Meeting Monday night the 14th, new location (the bar on lyndale ) also new time (6:00 pm) hope to see everyone there !
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:32 PM
Chris Zangl, VAM President
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2004
406 Posts
See you all there, come early or stay late and have some food or drink.
Boom Strike is offline Find More Posts by Boom Strike
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:50 PM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
613 Posts
VAM Show/Auction March 3rd, 2013

The 29th Annual R/C Show and Auction is coming up fast. It will be held on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 at Monarch Gardens in Appleton. Doors open at 9am with Auction/Raffle starting at 11:30am which means we should be done with cleanup activities by 2pm. Once again they will offer food/refreshments. We have over $2000 in raffle prizes this year and the prizes are still coming in. We have a number of vendors at the show this year including Galaxy Science & Hobby, our co-sponsor, Bad Brad Graphics, Big Sky Hobby and RotoFlow Fuel to name a few.

Open Items:
1) In another week or so I hope to be able to announce whether we can gain access to the building the night before or the day of the show. We will need a lot of help setting up tables and chairs.
2) We need flight simulators at the show for the public to use. Pete mentioned he would be bringing one (thanks Pete) so if there is anyone else than can bring one we would sure appreciate it. (Jason are you out there..?)
3) One of the distinguishing components of our event is that it's a show and auction meaning in addition to the swap meet/auction, we want to have models on hand for the attendees to view. These do not need to be show planes so I encourage everyone to bring a model to put on display. Every participant in the static model display is eligible to receive a raffle ticket for a special raffle for those that have models on display. Only one ticket will be given even if you display more than one model.
4) We need your marketing help. Please print off flyers from our club website and hang them up at work or distribute to your friends and family. This is the club's major fundraising event for the year and it's important for the health of the club that we have good member participation. This event is considered a mandatory event for club members so we hope to see everyone there this year.

If anyone has questions, feel free to post here or contact TR or myself.
Thanks,
Tim
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:31 PM
flying fanatic
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
I can't wait! As far as I'm concerned, you guys throw the best swap meet in Wisconsin, by far!

Kris
moparkris is offline Find More Posts by moparkris
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:13 AM
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
590 Posts
thanks Kris
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:00 PM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
613 Posts
Guys we can get into Monarch Gardens on March 2nd to setup tables and chairs. This setup time is limited to VAM club members and only to prepare the room. The setup time on March 2nd will be 2pm. Doors open at 8am on Sunday with the show starting at 9am Sunday. Also Monarch will sponsor a breakfast costing just $5. I think everyone that purchased the breakfast last year was very happy with the breakfast.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:17 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Sep 2011
86 Posts
I'll be there at 2 Tim
tomle is offline Find More Posts by tomle
Old May 07, 2013, 09:09 PM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
613 Posts
CALUMET FLYERS FATHER'S DAY R/C AIRCRAFT FUN-FLY SUNDAY, JUNE 16th 2013
W2324 Ott Rd., Hilbert, Wisconsin 54129
9:00am until 3:00pm
Public Welcome / Free Admission
Flying Begins at 9:00am
AMA Required to Fly
Open To All R/C Aircraft
No Restrictions
Over 900 ft Grass Runway
Food and Drink Available
$5.00 Pilot Fee

SPECIAL EVENT at 11:00 am
THE YAKS ARE BACK
Two full size Yak's will do some flybys at the Calumet Flyers Miniature Aircraft Airport. “Weather permitting”
Old May 10, 2013, 05:07 PM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
613 Posts
On June 1st and 2nd, River Valley Flyers is hosting their event. Open to anything including helis...
http://rvfrc.com/me/2013-June-Fun-Fly.pdf
Old May 24, 2013, 08:19 PM
T.R. miller
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
590 Posts
Name: 2013-05-24 18.57.08.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 128.0 KB
Description:
Old May 27, 2013, 01:08 PM
James Gang #1
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Jan 2005
292 Posts
Civil Air Patrol Training Seminar

Saturday June 1st, 2013

Civil Air Patrol Training Event

This Saturday I am conducting a training seminar for the Fox Cities Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol. In attendance will be adult members of the CAP Aerospace Education component. This is part of the MARC (Model Aircraft and Remote Control flying) Program partnered with the AMA. go to
http://www.modelaircraft.org/education/CAP_MARC.aspx
for more. I could use 1 or 2 helpers at the CAP HQ at the Outagamie County Airport on Saturday morning (program starts at 9:00AM). We will then move from there to Quarry Field in the afternoon ( between 1PM and 2PM. Where We offer hands-on flight for about 10-12 people. I need at least 2-4 instructors and trainer aircraft. Pete Boulanger & I will have 2-3 trainers/radios between our selves. So, come on out and lend a hand. We should wrap it up around 4:30 to 5:00PM. This counts toward our community outreach efforts as part of our AMA Gold Club Status requirements. It'll be fun.
Should the weather be bad we are tentatively scheduling Sun the 2nd as a rain day.

Jay Strauss
Cykhoi1 is offline Find More Posts by Cykhoi1