HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 22, 2003, 06:42 AM
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2000
549 Posts
Disgusted!!!!

I am thoroughly disgusted by that first pic, I think you have all misssed the point, that plane the girl is stradling is a SLIMER, how dare you post that filth here .

But seriously, bring on the girls. I'm a firm believer that exposure to this sort of thing is fine, I'll never understand why a 15yo can watch footage of an illegal activity (murder), but not a perfectly legal one (sex).

But back to tha mags, I probably don't really think the pics are required or appropriate, but I can't see how one would be offended by them, if you prefer a (plane) model only mag then buy one.

Grant
schoey is offline Find More Posts by schoey
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2003, 09:16 AM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,761 Posts
Chas

I think if you have to explain a joke- the point is lost, which means this is a fools errand. I always thought the phrase "eschew obfuscation" was an oxymoron, and consequently, humorous. Each to his own...

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old May 22, 2003, 09:28 AM
Crash happens! :)
Utah
Joined Jun 2002
2,184 Posts
I was looking through some old threads and came across this pic.

Can anyone guess who this famous model is?
Arrow is online now Find More Posts by Arrow
Old May 22, 2003, 09:44 AM
Voices through wires? Ha!
Joined Feb 2003
1,659 Posts
Marion Monroe!
Spindle Polisher at the Poughkeepsie Propeller Company.
C
Chas is offline Find More Posts by Chas
Old May 22, 2003, 09:48 AM
Crash happens! :)
Utah
Joined Jun 2002
2,184 Posts
Very good
Arrow is online now Find More Posts by Arrow
Old May 22, 2003, 09:55 AM
Joined Feb 2003
1,659 Posts
Whoops! Guess it was United Forktrucks!
Old May 22, 2003, 10:09 AM
Joined Feb 2003
1,659 Posts
Funk and Wagnall

Electrick and Megowcoupe

Blimey guys, ok I give up, I really do. I see that the "presumption of ignorance" is well honoured in the observance. In England it's rude to anticipate a lack of understanding in your hearers.

An American writer said that we sometimes class people as half-witted, because we appreciate only one third of their wit!

Let's talk about planes.

Chas
Old May 22, 2003, 07:17 PM
What was that???
Colorado
Joined Oct 2002
72 Posts
Swimsuit issue!!!!!!!

Get it all done in one issue and then get on with modeling (Airplanes that is).

I for one, don't buy something I object to and let it go at that. If something doesn't sell then it changes or goes away. Of course, my thinking doesn't always seem to follow the norm anyway.
Gravitysux is offline Find More Posts by Gravitysux
Old May 22, 2003, 09:10 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
well...'scuse me :-/

Chas:
Sorry if I misinterpreted your words " Sory, dont geddit.", from your earlier post. Where I come from, that is generally taken to mean "I don't understand." Hence I (apparently rather boorishly) innocently tried to offer a simple definition in response.

There was no attempt to imply ignorance on anyone's part in the offering of said definition. My apologies if you thought so.

Consider me sufficiently flogged.

Rick

Now, back to the women!
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old May 22, 2003, 09:16 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Marilyn M

Marilyn's looking good in that photo, but I also like that cool looking engine in the photo. Looks like many older 2-stroke drone engines I've seen...McCullough maybe?

Yeh I know, it's not electric...

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old May 22, 2003, 10:01 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,948 Posts
Re: Marilyn M

Quote:
Originally posted by ElectRick
Marilyn's looking good in that photo, but I also like that cool looking engine in the photo. Looks like many older 2-stroke drone engines I've seen...McCullough maybe?

Yeh I know, it's not electric...

Rick
What engine?

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old May 22, 2003, 10:39 PM
Winnipeg Intl, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
662 Posts
Marilyn Monroe a "Spindle Polisher?"

I guess it was possible .... LOL

On the job training and experience in polishing spindles may well have come in handy during the active days of her career.

Lee
Radioguy is offline Find More Posts by Radioguy
Old May 23, 2003, 02:26 AM
Joined Feb 2003
1,659 Posts
It's OK

To Rick,
Thanks for taking the time to set things up a little better.
Don't mind me. Rick, I'm just fed up of people getting their licks in because they think I "talk funny". All I'm trying to do is advance the cause a little bit, and I only droned on about language because lcj specifically asked me to. I can't help it if they think that's arrogant, but believe me there's no greater arrogance than
explaining to someone what "UP" means.
For some reason this riles people.Sparky Paul has just hinted that I should be strangled or drowned or something, and it's been mentioned that my handle is very appropriate. Lest anyone be in any doubt about how serious an insult that is, just try walking into the "Bottle and Glass" at closing time and saying to the biggest guy there "Hey mate if your name was Onan it would be very appropriate!". While waiting for the Paramedics to arrive you could reflect upon whether it was a mortal insult or not.
Anyway, enough of this. Yeah, bring on the beauties.
Rgds
Chas
Old May 23, 2003, 10:20 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,939 Posts
Chas,
I think Onan is a great name for anything dealing with moving parts. Of cours since we have used such generators on our bookmobiles for years, it was a familiar name. You could also have considered Kholer, but then it has but one meaning to me. I like garden tractors that use Kholer engines.

Keep posting, because I enjoy trying to understand that which you commit to letters.

Peace in Posing,
LcJ

PS>Just think when people call me LC, and what others hear is Elsie, the Borden Cow.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old May 23, 2003, 12:01 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Re: It's OK

Quote:
Originally posted by Onan
To Rick,
Thanks for taking the time to set things up a little better.
Don't mind me. Rick, I'm just fed up of people getting their licks in because they think I "talk funny". All I'm trying to do is advance the cause a little bit, and I only droned on about language because lcj specifically asked me to. I can't help it if they think that's arrogant, but believe me there's no greater arrogance than
explaining to someone what "UP" means.
For some reason this riles people.Sparky Paul has just hinted that I should be strangled or drowned or something, and it's been mentioned that my handle is very appropriate.
Rgds
Chas
I haven't mentioned you at all in -this- thread.
I do feel you go out of your way to "put on airs", and talk down to the other readers here.
But other than that typical "Continental" conceit (and yes, I know where Canada is) I have no feelings one way or other.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Closed Thread