Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:36 AM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john m taylor View Post
Gents,
I appreciate your comments but believe you represent some of the many obstacles to overcome. Your opinions are slowly becoming more unnecessary.
I hope for someone else to provide some constructive opinions. Failing this its probably best to close this thread that I have started and go back to what this forum is for, that being for IOM's.

I thought I would spend the time updating my blog profile on this site also. Enjoy!

JT
www.taylormadeyachts.com
hi john,
was looking at your site, I'm predominantly an M sailor. was wondering how your sofar design would scale as an M?
NZL756 is offline Find More Posts by NZL756
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:08 AM
NORTHLAND NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand, Northland, Totara North
Joined Feb 2012
536 Posts
I have had the bug for a week so havent been doing much on the spitfire. My fathers D2 design has been launched. I will post some videos and photos of it soon. Sailed very well and we are very happy with it. Its a radical design featuring a reverse bow, rather bright paintjob, and tumbelhome if thats how you spell it.
D design is offline Find More Posts by D design
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:51 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23 View Post
Mike, the thread has now had just over 300,000 hits who would have guessed that!
Hi Toni,
I still think the IOM is still the fastest growing class in RC sailing and those Britpops there is nearly one new one on every new page of this thread LOL.
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
USA-Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8387mike View Post
Hi Toni,
I still think the IOM is still the fastest growing class in RC sailing and those Britpops there is nearly one new one on every new page of this thread LOL.
I do the registration in the USA, I just counted the number of registrations and transfers so far this year....48 so far. Seems like a lot of activity to me.

By far the biggest group of people that are new to IOM's are from the Northwest region of the US.
Ted Flack is offline Find More Posts by Ted Flack
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:50 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Flack View Post
I do the registration in the USA, I just counted the number of registrations and transfers so far this year....48 so far. Seems like a lot of activity to me.

By far the biggest group of people that are new to IOM's are from the Northwest region of the US.
Hi Ted,

Its funny, how many Britpops have been registered in the USA, I have heard of 2 maybe more but no where the number that I have seen going stateside.

Would be great for some feed back.

Regards
Mike
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:01 AM
USA-Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8387mike View Post
Hi Ted,

Its funny, how many Britpops have been registered in the USA, I have heard of 2 maybe more but no where the number that I have seen going stateside.

Would be great for some feed back.

Regards
Mike
Mike,

We have 17 Britpops registered but not all of them are here yet. Some other numbers of recent designs are 17 Lintels, 16 Pikanto's (but they took several years to get that many).

I know there are a few Fraktals (sp?), V8's and Chienz on order as well.

Ted
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:57 AM
Flying without a licence
United Kingdom, Wales, The Mumbles
Joined Dec 2010
535 Posts
I wonder if the success of the Britpop will prove to bug Brad G. I'm guessing that Brad has already thought of areas where the Britpop's design could be improved but now he finds himself in an impossible stale mate situation.
On one hand he must be totally thrilled with the boats performance and sales but at the cost of not being able to refine and develop newer designs for the foreseeable future is probably a high price to pay!
FWAL is offline Find More Posts by FWAL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PSS Hurricane 66" MK1
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:17 AM
Fleetwood, UK
Joined Dec 2010
194 Posts
NZL 756
Sent you a private message.

Cheers, John
www.taylormadeyachts.com
john m taylor is offline Find More Posts by john m taylor
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
OlivierFRA100
Joined Nov 2006
168 Posts
Please applause big success of European Championship in Croatia with 82 (+5 guests) entries for 76 places ! Some Britpops will be there, curiously

www.iomec2012.com/
FRA3700 is offline Find More Posts by FRA3700
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
198 Posts
I would guess that Brad Gibson isn't "bugged" by the success of the Britpop. I also don't think the fact that a lot of people have one or want one will stop Brad from doing updates if needed. Graham Bantock came out with a new design every year or two as did Jeff Beyerly and Ian Vickers. And many builders like Dave Creed with the Lintel also regularly make changes to their existing boats. I'm sure that if or when the time comes that Brad feels the design is holding him back he will take a look at improvements. For now, though, from what I can see, the Britpop seems to be the fastest all around boat out there that doesn't need any changes. It certainly seems to be the boat every other designer is trying to copy (lol)....
Tom Corbett is online now Find More Posts by Tom Corbett
Last edited by Tom Corbett; Aug 18, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:39 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA3700 View Post
Please applause big success of European Championship in Croatia with 82 (+5 guests) entries for 76 places ! Some Britpops will be there, curiously

www.iomec2012.com/
if only 76 places why have they taken 82 entries are the extras reserves
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:51 AM
OlivierFRA100
Joined Nov 2006
168 Posts
Quote:
if only 76 places why have they taken 82 entries are the extras reserves
There is a document called "allocation of places" on same website that describes how entries are managed.

List of entries confirmed with reserves will be available within a week or two.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:03 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
821 Posts
Thanks,

It would be great to see a list of the entries boats as well, the Web site is very well layed out and easy to navigate.
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:13 PM
USA-Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
108 Posts
Allocation of places

http://www.scor.hr/regate/2012e/Allo...0-%20Final.pdf
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
OlivierFRA100
Joined Nov 2006
168 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,

It would be great to see a list of the entries boats as well, the Web site is very well layed out and easy to navigate.
On the entries page you have names and boats