No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
Italy, Abruzzo, Pescara
Joined Jun 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham J Elliott View Post
The 'Mainboom' blog will keep you up to date on everything that happens in the world of IOM, i have a translate function on mine.

The BritPOP! boom is similar to the TS2 boom but it certainly will not destroy the class while there are Fraktals, Arrivals, V8's, Psycho's, MMX's and others about.

I remember in the Malta world championships there were over 40 TS2's competing including their flagship skippers and an IKON won the event.
treats, from your number 6
max67 is offline Find More Posts by max67
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:40 AM
New Zealand, Northland, Kerikeri
Joined May 2011
22 Posts
New arrival

my V8 has arrived! built by Grant Lane
ggrrr is offline Find More Posts by ggrrr
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,109 Posts
Mmmm nice how long did you have to wait?
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:18 AM
New Zealand, Northland, Kerikeri
Joined May 2011
22 Posts
longer than i liked, but a lot less than had i ordered a britpop. Several months but end result is excellent!
ggrrr is offline Find More Posts by ggrrr
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:40 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,109 Posts
Hey GgrrrI wouldn't complain, I've got 8 months to wait
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,137 Posts
This is one of the biggest probs the class faces it must have an impact on the growth.For instance if you get an experienced big boat - dingy sailor looking at this class only to hear it's next year August,he's probably going to bolt and it's pretty much always been this way,it's almost like you're honoured to buy a boat.
I understand Ian's V8 is very fast in moderate to light and prob the guy to beat in San Diego but we have'nt had any reports out of NZ of it sailing in a blow i understand the boat is much more narrow than it looks in the pics .Ian is not likely to find big wind at Cal venues.Frisco blows like hell but those guys sail in a park surrounded by trees and it's honking 25k out on the bay been there.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrrr View Post
my V8 has arrived! built by Grant Lane
Ggrrr what country do you live in?I can't tell by the grass.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Canada, BC, Lake Cowichan
Joined Jul 2011
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
I understand Ian's V8 is very fast in moderate to light and prob the guy to beat in San Diego but we have'nt had any reports out of NZ of it sailing in a blow.
First overall in the Hood River Carnage - sailed in the wind funnel of the Columbia River Gorge and featured conditions for all three rigs and a number of Britpops, Lintels and WIdgets.

http://www.iomusa.org/forum/download/file.php?id=51

and photos at

https://picasaweb.google.com/1024449...eat=directlink

Morgan's videos at

Seeding Heat
2012 HR Carnage Seeding Race #1 (1 min 1 sec)

Sunday A Heat
2012 HR Carnage A Fleet Heat - Sunday (4 min 13 sec)

John
hiljoball is offline Find More Posts by hiljoball
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2009
80 Posts
Hood River Marina

Here are some cool pics of the first ever meeting of the V8, BritPOP and Cheinz in the Columbia Gorge at the Hood River Marina, Oregon. Water, wind and scenery.

The V8 took honors but Ian Vickers was the best skipper. You can bet the farm he wins the US Nationals in San Diego in several weeks.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1180955...395/July212012
blackrgb is offline Find More Posts by blackrgb
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,137 Posts
Thanks for that instant information,looks like i need one of them too lol.Lawd have mercy no no no # 217 ANOTHER BLUE BRITPOP!!! so that's about three on the start line in SD.i can't take it.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, MI, Bloomfield Hills
Joined Jan 2011
54 Posts
Tug,
howmany IOMs do you have in your inventorypopcorn:
fizzzy is offline Find More Posts by fizzzy
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:39 PM
Grant L
Auckland NZ
Joined Nov 2010
43 Posts
V8 Performance

I asked Ian when he first launched the V8 what was it best wind range and he replied it was an all round design but I will never forget the smile on his face as he said the harder it blows the faster it goes and believe me it does just that
PB88 is offline Find More Posts by PB88
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:33 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,137 Posts
Fizzzy,i can sail 12 iom's around here it's love like dove, i own the ORIGIONAL blue BP and the ORIGIONAL blue Lintel.If you can sail past that boat you're flying so it's a benchmark.That Mr Dennis i'm either going to kill that for painting everybodys boat with my paint or buy him 6 beers for building a really nice boat.
On another subject when the class was formed here it was done without knowledge therefore some boats struggle in the trade winds because they are light air boats,we have a move afoot to turn our class into a one design similar to what the CRO boys did it will create tighter racing and support the longivity of the class where by when we host an event everybody has weapons.At that time there will be some really good boats for sale at sensible prices.Of course this all falls back to the supply problem.We recently sold an Italoco to Malta and i was astounded that it cost $45 to ship it.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
237 Posts
I am pretty sure the first production BritPop, the "original" blue boat from Robot Yachts, which Brad Gibson used to win the US and English Nationals in 2011, went to someone in the US and not to Barbados....
Tom Corbett is offline Find More Posts by Tom Corbett
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
USA-Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
108 Posts
Yep, the first blue boat is in New York city, and is listed as an entry for the US Nationals.

The San Diego pond should not be a problem for anyone to see their boat, you are never that far away from the boats..
Ted Flack is offline Find More Posts by Ted Flack