Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:11 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Peter,
That winch has the same holes, it even programmes the same way, it is a rip off of the RMG, I have heard on the grape vine that this winch has problems with the plastics and the tend to fail.
I will be the test dummy
8387mike is online now Find More Posts by 8387mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
229 Posts
That Carving boat sure looks a lot like a BritPop. Must be something in the water in Italy makes them think they are Aussies--first an RMG winch copy; now a BritPop clone. What's next? An Italian version of Vegamite?
Tom Corbett is offline Find More Posts by Tom Corbett
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Italmite
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
857 Posts
IOM Carving

some movies of the IOM carving on the water.

IOM - Carving No.3 (3 min 20 sec)
ToniGe23 is online now Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
857 Posts
IOM Carving

IOM CARVING 3° (0 min 22 sec)
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:54 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
857 Posts
IOM Carving

Carving (1 min 14 sec)
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2009
513 Posts
Hi Toni, They're vids of my boat thanks the Italians are very passionate about their sailing as said early this was the only place Brad Gibson didn't win regatta in last 6 months or so we just don't hear much about them in English speaking world ..but they are damn good designers, builders and sailors & always fun to sail with.

Tom I reckon Vegamite will be safe for a while mate ...but they could improve on their beer but Aussie beer is not really worth cloning is it ?

Cheers Alan
KoneWone is offline Find More Posts by KoneWone
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoneWone View Post
Tom I reckon Vegamite will be safe for a while mate ...but they could improve on their beer but Aussie beer is not really worth cloning is it ?

Cheers Alan
Now Alan I wouldn't really call VB and Fosters real beer, but from the last time I was in NZ I really struggled to find a decent flavoured beer apart from Mac's
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:55 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2009
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8387mike View Post
Now Alan I wouldn't really call VB and Fosters real beer, but from the last time I was in NZ I really struggled to find a decent flavoured beer apart from Mac's
I'd drink a mac on that one Mike ! DB & Lion is as bad VB & Fosters however Steinlager gets bit further up the scale, but living in the mother land of beer (Germany) one gets a little too spoiled

Cheers Alan
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:54 PM
Grant L
Auckland NZ
Joined Nov 2010
43 Posts
Kiwi Beer

If you can get it on your shores try Steinlarger Pure.No additives and nasty things that give you a hangover. An absolutely beautiful Kiwi drop, of course served icey cold.
PB88 is offline Find More Posts by PB88
Last edited by PB88; Apr 19, 2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:55 AM
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Cotignola
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Regarding the use of motor Mabuchi, I can tell you that other manufacturers use the overused RS280, we use a motor developed (for torque, speed and power), especially for our winch.

Alberto Spada

AA-Parts
Alberto Spada is offline Find More Posts by Alberto Spada
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:21 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
857 Posts
Hi Alberto,
And welcome to the forum!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2009
513 Posts
About IOM carving design, when Brad Gibson was last in Italy Luca shared his plans of CARVING with BG which he confirmed are very different from BRIT POP with different hull curves.

The design & name of IOM CARVING was inspired by well known & revolutionary snow-ski that has been dominating the powder over the last decade, with the edges on skis foils being 86 -87 and preset by radius on R.14-R.16 models..... the goal is the same, since ski’s edge on its side uses same principle as the boats chine that has become fashionable today in boating, this is where the design idea and name CARVING came from.

Each IOM CARVING is slightly different as Luca is not afraid to experiment with different ideas, my carving # 3 as example has bulb C.G behind hull C.B with ballast in front of the mast and it is very stable sailing platform especailly in heavier airs.

The design and construction of the CARVING I would suggest is up there amongst the best in the world, without the long lead times that I hear many are experiencing with other IOM designs.

@ PP88 Not had the pleasure of trying the latest Kiwi NECTAR but I dream of it …as you can see I used the Steinlager Pure graphics on my Sprinta, which by the way is 1.2 m RC boat with Genoa & not the traditional Jib …a real experience, like Kiwi Beer

Cheers Alan

P.S A gallery of photo's from IOM regatta at Lake Garda (Nth Italy) that Luca won with CARVING its first major event http://www.flickr.com/photos/2868305...86498090/show/
Last edited by KoneWone; Apr 19, 2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:44 AM
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Cotignola
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Good morning to all.
If you need technical information, explanations or tips on the new winch, you can write or visit www.aa-parts.com.
I apologize, I do not want to advertise, but I understand that there are many partial or incorrect information around the forums and blogs.
I will gladly respond as soon as possible at all.

Alberto SSpada
AA-Parts
Alberto Spada is offline Find More Posts by Alberto Spada
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the great pics of lake Garda,if i may give an overview the lake looks to be a wonderful place to sail IOM's and many different designs the guy with the home built wooden hull crossing the fleet must feel proud of himself,but the prize giving table only has Coke and botteled water from the Alps i presume.So all of you beer drinkers would have to suck salt at that regatta lol.
The Tug is online now Find More Posts by The Tug