View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:53 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,101 Posts
This is not official but it seems to be the norm.

From Anders Wallin's website
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:04 AM
Fleetwood, UK
Joined Dec 2010
215 Posts
US (IOM) Championship

Guys,
Which 'Big Western' accommodation in Fort Lauderdale is the nearest to the championship venue. As there is more than one complex. Would be grateful for some info.

Additionally, the boat I am sailing in the championship is for sale. Details are as follows:

Design - SOFAR
GBR 3465
Sail Number 65

The hull is made from wood, with a moulded deck. Foils/Lead Ballast are from David Creed. 3 rigs with sails made by Bill Curtis. Eurgal Winch, 2.4GHZ Planet radio set, batteries, Sail and Boat Travel Box and a measuring certificate. All you need to get started and 'Ready to Sail'. Pictures of the hull can be found on my website, address below.

PRICE $1400ono

JT

www.taylormadeyachts.com
john m taylor is offline Find More Posts by john m taylor
Last edited by john m taylor; Oct 21, 2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Mandeville, La.
Joined Mar 2007
10 Posts
John,
This is the hotel we stayed in back in March.
It is about 5 minutes from the sailing site.
I don't think there are any hotels closer than this one.
See you there.
Al

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=10344
aralross is offline Find More Posts by aralross
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:40 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
850 Posts
The MYA had a Centenary celebration lunch today with a trade show in the morning it was well supported with Brad Gibson (BG Designs, Sails and BritPoP), P&P Yachts (Arrival), PJ Sails, CM Yachts (Mad Max), KBits and Martin Roberts( Housemartin sails) amongst others. There was also sailing on a lake outside the venue with Micro Magics.
ToniGe23 is online now Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Oct 23, 2011, 03:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Radio waves

For those of you that might be interested in the goings on in Australia

The latest edition of Radio Waves.. Nov-Feb 2012..

And the last couple of back issues can be downloaded here...

http://www.rsawa.asn.au/index.php?op...=101&Itemid=53
waboats is offline Find More Posts by waboats
Last edited by waboats; Oct 23, 2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Back Issues
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:06 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rssailor View Post
I acquired a Pikanto built in Australia by peter morris. So far have not been able to acquire any rake numbers that work. Craig Smith was kind enough to send me some info with rake, but that was not it for this boat. If anyone out there has any A or B rig rake info for this boat or other tuning tips that would help me get this boat up to speed. The boat has a round 11.1 MM mast. Ryan
While at the Worlds in the UK this year I took some pictures of two Pikantos that the Croatians were sailing one belonged to Robert Grubisa who builds the Pikanto under licence in Croatia the other (Blue boat) was owned by ex World Champion Zvonko Jelacic the rigs they had on at the time were 'A' rig the markings and position of the mast my help.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:39 AM
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
880 Posts
Pikanto Tuning

ToniGe23
Thanks for the idea, but your boat is a much different Pikanto than mine. Your keel is in a different place than mine and I am told that your tuning settings are much different than other Pikantos. Hope you sail fast. Thank you for the pictures. I will take a picture of the mast area like yours and post it. Ryan
Rssailor is offline Find More Posts by Rssailor
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:23 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
850 Posts
ah! sorry Ryan, just checked the picture of your Pikanto and the deck it totally different have you had any luck get some more speed from her.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:58 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,004 Posts
I stand for correction but am led to believe the CRO-GBR Picanto have different mast-fin positions,i saw the Ozzie boat at the worlds and it looks great with the skiff deck,but i have no idea where the fin/mast are relative to the others,if there's a third placement i would contact the builder at times he had it going pretty good.Of the many boats i've sailed correct rake is key to speed,there's only one or two that don't mind too much if you move it around.Some were either spot on or spot off.
P.S just had a look at your pic and the boat i saw had a different deck,i could have sworn it had true skiff deck ala cockatoo TS2 etc,maybe i'm wrong.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Last edited by The Tug; Oct 26, 2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
880 Posts
Different deck Pikanto

Guys,
I seriously doubt there are very many of these Peter Morris Pikanto's around. Maybe I will just sell the boat and look for a Bantok one or one of the Tim Brown boats. If you hear of anyone looking for a Pikanto, send em my way. Also my other IOM is for sale as well.
Thanks for the ideas and input guys. The boat has shown some good speed the two times I have raced it, but to really make it go, the rake info needs to be known. Ryan
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:59 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rssailor View Post
Guys,
I seriously doubt there are very many of these Peter Morris Pikanto's around. Maybe I will just sell the boat and look for a Bantok one or one of the Tim Brown boats. If you hear of anyone looking for a Pikanto, send em my way. Also my other IOM is for sale as well.
Thanks for the ideas and input guys. The boat has shown some good speed the two times I have raced it, but to really make it go, the rake info needs to be known. Ryan
How different is your Pikanto compared to others ?
gpzy is online now Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Nov 2010
880 Posts
Pikanto

The boat has a bantonk deck as far as I can tell and the hull looks like a bantok boat as well. The keel is the standard bantock keel, but a different rudder. It is a really nice looking boat and it is fast, but I just have not been able to find the rake numbers. I have an A rig and B rig, plus some spare sails. Really like the boat, but I want a Pikanto that I can tune and make go fast as the fleet here is really competitive. Look at the picture in post 1899, that's the boat. Ryan
Last edited by Rssailor; Oct 26, 2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:59 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,266 Posts
Ryan,
I understand that the boat may look different. But what about keel and rudder position. As well as the mast?
gpzy is online now Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
880 Posts
Pikanto

I have no way to determine if the keel or rig are in the same place as a Bantok built Pikanto. Ryan
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:31 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,101 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Check with Toni he had a Zvonko built Pikanto for sale just recently.

Mike
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike