View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:56 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,145 Posts
Hey Sac,good to hear you,gave some old recievers to Joey yesterday he comes up to our club often,he has Elmer's Soling Melody and the radio is bum so i gave the bag full of stuff we dont use anymore i'm using Hi Tec optic 2.4 stuff.Sorry pal i'm staying in the tropics.Your brother is sailing it with the antenna sticking out of his armpit so he gets the servos to reverse,the super old Kraft set dont have reverse so that's pretty ingenious for a laugh for shure. Peter
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Last edited by The Tug; Jun 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2011, 01:17 AM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Oct 2004
48 Posts
V 7

i bought a V 7 from a friend. i emailed him to ask him to make rigs for a v 7; i had hoped to buy. he said he had one he would sell.

i haven't taken delivery yet so no pertinent questions. i am cuious about mast rake on the #1 rig though. measured from the bow to the band above the jib intersection.

ron
ron locke is offline Find More Posts by ron locke
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,145 Posts
An excellent topic to start would be the level of competition in the IOM class,sinse this blog seems to have people from many countries the opinions will be wide.In years gone by we saw Graham Bantock and Craig Smith dominate and now there are new faces CRO and the new pack from GBR,admittedly Craig has not sailed recently.I'm shure they are still hot as Graham is no slouch,but using him as a guage there's not the domination there once was,also some of the top finishers have fallen back considerably which is telling me that the face of competition has changed and is changing.What's your feeling guys.
P.S of note i don't think theres been a back to back winner but during that period there were more or less the same guys at it.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Last edited by The Tug; Jun 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
I have a question for all the IOM sailors. How much of a difference would 1.5 ounces make while racing ? And if your boat needed to lose that weight where would you look for the weight savings ?
gpzy is online now Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Jun 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
For most people 1.5 oz will make no difference. A fine adjustment in tune here or there will make way more difference than 2 oz. The higher you can remove weight the better or remove it from the ends of the boat.
slotracer577 is offline Find More Posts by slotracer577
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:06 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Pyes Pa
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
Two New DM2 IOM's Launched

We have launched the DM2 Twins Dot and Dash

They look great

Very light and Stiff

http://www.ohope.co.nz/iom/110618.html

All the best
Antony, Graham & Carl
dm (at) ohope.co.nz
www.ohope.co.nz/iom/
Ohope is offline Find More Posts by Ohope
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:03 PM
k4s
Joined Aug 2009
391 Posts
Blowing a gale and pouring with rain,so rigged up the B rigs at home and headed for the lake .
On arrival the wind said "see ya" and left for the day.
Here is a couple of shots of the new Dibleys completely under powered .
k4s is offline Find More Posts by k4s
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:11 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
112 Posts
Looking good.....
I am tempted....very tempted.....
Is that a chine on the side or are my eyes playing tricks on me....
scully is offline Find More Posts by scully
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:45 AM
USA-Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
An excellent topic to start would be the level of competition in the IOM class,sinse this blog seems to have people from many countries the opinions will be wide.In years gone by we saw Graham Bantock and Craig Smith dominate and now there are new faces CRO and the new pack from GBR,admittedly Craig has not sailed recently.I'm shure they are still hot as Graham is no slouch,but using him as a guage there's not the domination there once was,also some of the top finishers have fallen back considerably which is telling me that the face of competition has changed and is changing.What's your feeling guys.
P.S of note i don't think theres been a back to back winner but during that period there were more or less the same guys at it.
Peter,

The top group all had boats that seemed to fit that venue, I am not sure all boats are good in all conditions. The top three seemed to work the best all around and a few conventional (read that older) designs showed at the top in the last few days of light air sailing.

Ted
Ted Flack is offline Find More Posts by Ted Flack
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:06 PM
dm1
tauranga new zealand
Joined Feb 2011
16 Posts
yes it is a chine but not a sharp one. its a soft chine. if you look closely you can almost make out another soft chine below it. the boat is designed to sail upwind on the area between the chines which lifts the flatish bottom out of the water reducing drag. we are really happy with balance and stiffness of hulls. over the next few weeks we are concentrating on getting these two up to speed. first customer boat gets delivered to him today and next one is being put together at the moment.
dm1 is offline Find More Posts by dm1
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:32 AM
USA-Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
108 Posts
Just a note of interests , or warning.

When I try to view the Forum at MYA my computer locks up and my security system warns we of a virus trying to get into my computer.

I can't sign into that site to tell them but if anyone here can let them know they might be interested. I know they had a bug a few weeks ago and maybe it is back.
Ted Flack is offline Find More Posts by Ted Flack
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:23 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
866 Posts
yep, had the same problem I keep getting a flag alerting about a virus attempt!
ToniGe23 is online now Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Pyes Pa
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
New DM2 - NZL 820 - Tricky Vicky

Ken Baguley launches his new DM2 - NZL 820 - Tricky Vicky

www.ohope.co.nz/iom/
Ohope is offline Find More Posts by Ohope
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:45 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
866 Posts
The bulb looks to be in a strange position what's the thinking behind it?
ToniGe23 is online now Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,109 Posts
Yep had a very similair problem on the Aust MM site, then i got infected good thing it was a work computer and the IT dept had to clean it all out.
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike