HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 01:05 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,534 Posts
Discussion
and here comes stupid

Sometimes ya just have to bail into the old "what if" department. I decided to do so on my Hyperion 10 Cessna. I stalled her out a couple of months ago due to stupidity. So after extensive repairs, and I do mean extensive, I decided more power was needed just for the heck of it. I'm going for the, "fly it like I don't own it" aspect. I cut the nose off and installed a firewall/motormount. I decided on a MotrolFly DM 2210/2200kva motor pulling a 7 x 5 APC prop. In all fairness, Ken (http://www.subsonicplanes.com/) told me not to use this motor, however, stupidity reared its' ugly head and said 'aw what the heck, go for it.' Holy criminy, the run up was over 30 amps and I was so scared I forgot to check the watts but I do remember it was over 250. Well, all the sanding and repairs left her pretty ugly but so what. It's as is until I know what's going to happen in the air, or ground as may be. With all due respect to Hyperion, the knotheads 'should' have built this bird (IMHO) along this method albeit maybe not with this set-up. Hopefully this Sat. I can get her into the air. It's colder then a well diggers belt buckle here. 0 degrees in the morning warming up to 14 degrees at noon. My old age doesn't work like that. A warm bed, wife, breaksfast and hot coffee hold me back.

Dan

There's been a real vicious upswing into the foamy building in the past year. I know it's cheaper and faster but please people, don't forget, there's still as much fun as taking a box of sticks and getting it to fly as there is in foam. There's also a LOT more satisfaction!
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by deckert; Dec 09, 2009 at 01:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts