HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2009, 02:07 PM
Joined Nov 2009
5 Posts
Discussion
Need Help Copying/Creating RC Body From A Resin Model

I've decided to use this winter to finally build the RC car I've always wanted. The car itself will be a modified Kyosho, no problems there. I do need some help with the body.

Several years ago I picked up a large scale resin model of the Keaton Batmobile (the one from the Micheal Keaton/Tim Burton movies). It was made by the FX guy who made the models for the movie and is almost three feet long, the same size as the models used in the movie. He made about 2 dozen models before being shut down by Warner Brothers. Needless to say, I'm reluctant to just finish the model itself and stick it on a car going 50+ mph.

I'm not worried about detail as that can always be added later. My main issues are ease of making the body and strength. What would be the best way to go about making a body from the model? Thanks!
deleteall is offline Find More Posts by deleteall
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2009, 06:00 PM
QSL
Joined Jan 2006
68 Posts
fiberglass... Cheap, easy, fast, STRONG.

find a fiberglass shop near you and have them make a mold off the model and they can make a body out of that mold. Should not cost you more then $500-$600
QSL is offline Find More Posts by QSL
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:28 PM
United States, CA, SYLMAR
Joined Nov 2007
147 Posts
Make your own vacuum forming table and heater and make the body out of Lexan.
GmanBill is offline Find More Posts by GmanBill