HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2009, 09:03 AM
United States, OH, Blanchester
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Discussion
Can't make up my mind

I just can't make up my mind ! I have a MCX and CX2 And I can fly them pretty good.so I want to go on .I am a fan of E-Flite and I have to stores near me,so I am going with E-Flite.But should I go with MSR or Blade 400 ?
I can't make up my mind so I am going to ask you guys and thank-you very much for helping me . What do I do ??
houseboat is offline Find More Posts by houseboat
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2009, 09:13 AM
Team Noob KE5PVO
Laredo, Texas. USA.
Joined Nov 2009
34 Posts
if you think you can control the 400, I say go for it, but it's not a coax as the ones your used to flying, so it may be a stretch. I am hoping to go from the coax heli i have now to a 450 ( i have a heli like your cx2, a lama v3) so itf you think you are confident, go for it!! I would, but i dont know your capability or how much space you have to fly it in since it is an outdoors type of aircraft. Best of luck.
RubenAlonzo is offline Find More Posts by RubenAlonzo
Old Dec 07, 2009, 09:22 AM
United States, OH, Blanchester
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
I guess I have not talk with someone on the ideal of flying the MSR outside I know I have wait until there is No Wind to fly the CX2 and since the MSR doesn't weight know more then MCX I just thinking how does it really fly outside ?
Thanks
houseboat is offline Find More Posts by houseboat
Old Dec 07, 2009, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2009
82 Posts
coax heli's is all right for the kids and playing round inside but it CP's is were it all comes to life, not easy to learn but that's why we like it so much, if you got the hang of coax heli's then the question you should ask your self is do you want a heli that can fly out side and how much time and money do you want to spend on heli's,
FP is good at crashing with out doing to much damage to it's self or surroundings, friendly, there harder to fly because the head speed is slow, there trying to fall over all the time and that's normal with both types but a CP starts slow and speeds up fast a FP is just slow, you don't have that rock solid control, it's a bit like a CP is controlled by string and a FP is controled by elastic with give and they get blow around much more than a CP,
I find flying CP's are easier than a FP, you have much better parts with more control with a CP's and the heli is much faster the handling is more accurate,
Flying a CP heli is very satisfying, and you get so much more adrenaline from a cp, it's a real rush,
but be warned when you get the hang of flying CP's your end up spending much more time and money on them,
but saying all this I'd say if you have a large flat floor then go CP with flexable traning gear and just go light on the balls, I learnt so much like that but if not go FP it's cheaper when it goes wrong, two or three hard crashs with a CP will cost as much as a FP heli,
bikemad is offline Find More Posts by bikemad
Old Dec 07, 2009, 12:17 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,371 Posts
I would go ahead and get the Blade400. It is a lot more to set up after a mishap but I think after learning orientations with a CX you should not have a problem skipping over FP. There is much information on the Internet about flying Cp's as a beginner and it is totally doable.
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Dec 07, 2009, 12:33 PM
Joined Feb 2008
6 Posts
I think your choice comes down to support and parts at your LHS. Check out what local folks are flying and find a flying club or group to fly with. Be ready for a long learning curve that can be shortened by purchasing a simulator for your PC; like Phoenix. Much easier and cheaper than trying to learn live only. Get a copy of RADD's School of Flight off many internet sites and follow it religiously. Personally, I chose a Blade 400 RTF for my first CP and got the bonus of the Spektrum DX6i transmitter with it. It's big enough and stable enough to get you in the game. It does benefit greatly from servo and gyro upgrades from stock. Forget the bling and CF stuff, you'll be buying enough replacement parts as it is. Stick time in this hobby is everything.

Besides being a pilot, you will also become a mechanic so you will need to invest in some basic tools to keep your bird flying. Check out what the locals have and you'll get the idea. Leaning to repair and tweak your bird is part of the deal. If you get it set up correctly, it has the ability to fly nearly hands off. A badly set up heli is no fun to learn to fly on at all.

Good luck and have fun. It's a hell of a hobby!
samscasa is online now Find More Posts by samscasa