HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:08 PM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
Many thanks to Melnic for posting his review. There is so much useful information there already! I can't wait to see the pictures and updates. I would have never made sense out of that poorly written TX manual.

Well, I just couldn't take it any more. It is too cold here in Michigan to fly, but it isn't too cold in my basement. I was able to hover about a battery's worth down there this afternoon. Since simulators don't count, I'll have to admit that I've never flown a collective pitch heli before this one. I was a little worried, but I took it very slow and no crashes! Out of the box with no changes, mine flew with no problems. In fact, all I found it needed was a little trim on the tail rotor stick to keep the tail from slowly turning right. I didn't know what to expect from that tiny gyro, but the tail holds like a charm. Very solid, stable, and predictable performance... Wow! I am very happy with this purchase!
hz6b9k is offline Find More Posts by hz6b9k
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:15 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Update added to the review page on mycoolheli

Some photos, RX, Gyro info as well as servo connection information as reference.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:31 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I test flew my ERazor this afternoon. I edited the default set up suggesions per that test flight. It lifted off with too little RPMS. I added more RPM and lowered the Normal curve low end pitch.
http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewERazor450.html
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:05 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Edit made to add Video of Power up sequence explained
Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:43 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2 Posts
Hi all
I have purchased an E-razor 450 RTF heli (35 mhz version) and im searching for someone to help me configurate the RACON x6 tx as i have touched the controls and now i am afraid to power it up like this... can anyone help ?

Thanks
FredMarques is offline Find More Posts by FredMarques
Old Feb 19, 2010, 08:33 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Fred,
When you power it up, does it show C in the bottom left corner?
When you say, "i have touched teh controls", can you be more specific?
Is this your first CCPM helicopter?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:23 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2 Posts
Hi again,
Yes it shows C with two center dots. I had for a while a E-sky CP2 heli (CCPM also).The controls ive touched where the two potenciometers (left and right) and also the lenght of the pushrods trying to level the swach plate and then i cant get to have the settings between pitch both in normal and 3 D mode. what ide like is to someone give me the lenght of these pushrods and the position (more or less) of these two knobs...

Thanks again
FredMarques is offline Find More Posts by FredMarques
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:49 AM
Joined Feb 2010
1 Posts
P.o.s razor

Ok took my e razor out of the box pluged it all up and it went freakin crazy the remote was set right and the 3d was off. it totaled it out
Samuria87 is offline Find More Posts by Samuria87
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:58 AM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
Samuria, I feel your pain. Have you pieced together what happened yet?

I accidentally started my e-razor 450 up in idle-up mode. In my case, it was completely my fault. Norm/idle up switch must always be away from you. It flopped around on the ground like a crazy fish. On this heli, it is very easy to start up in the wrong mode and have the thing catch you off guard. Be careful everybody!

On mine, all I'll need to buy is a feathering shaft, main rotor blades, tail blades, one servo, a new fly bar, and a boom support. Not too bad, and I am just glad no one was hurt.
Last edited by hz6b9k; Feb 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuria87 View Post
Ok took my e razor out of the box pluged it all up and it went freakin crazy the remote was set right and the 3d was off. it totaled it out
I suspect your dip switches were wrong out of the box. They should come down on Dynam for not setting it up right.

Let them know you got it and what happened and ask to send it back to be inspected and repaired or returned for a blueray or something.

Use this as a guide to make a post:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/xhelisupport.html
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Spare parts are in :
Click the spare parts tab on the product page
E-Razor 450 product page
Old Mar 01, 2010, 10:04 PM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
Well, the parts from xheli came in today and I've fixed my e-razor 450. It feels so good to have a functioning heli again. I replaced the flybar, a servo, the feathering shaft, boom supports, main blades, and tail blades. Also, a M2x12 bolt in the head was broken. I replaced it and put a lock nut on it as is shown in the T-rex 450 manual. I used blue locktite on all metal to metal connections. It actually spins up more smoothly now compared to how it did out of the box. I was very careful about how I balanced the new main blades and I think that made the difference. One last think... I've taped the idle up switch in the normal position for now It is a tough way to learn, but that ain't happening to me again!
Old Mar 02, 2010, 05:46 PM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Mar 2010
21 Posts
Razor 450 RC Helicopter

HELP... I have the updated version of the Razor 450 RC Helicopter with 2.4ghz transmitter. I am having a problem with the helicopter going into a fast circle just before lift off. Not sure what will happen if I continue to lift off with it in an un-control rotation so I kill the power. I notice the tail rotor servo does not return to normal position when moving the control lever left and right. It appears the servor is binding but I see nothing that would cause the problem. The gyro turns blue which should mean it is set as OK. Any suggestions? Also, I notice in Heli's ad for the helicopter in the picture that shows the gyro, it is right side up and mine is upside down. Does that make a difference? Would appreciate a response to cphdrider@aol.com
cphdrider is offline Find More Posts by cphdrider
Old Mar 02, 2010, 07:15 PM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
I'd think that could make a huge difference. On my e-razor, the gyro label is upside down and mine is working great. Have you tried the bench test on Melnic's website? His site is: www.mycoolheli.com

Not returning to the center is normal for the gyro in heading hold mode. My does the same and I've got no problems. Another thing to look for is... when you move the left stick to the left, the tail slider should move to the right, and vice versa. If it doesn't move the correct direction, it could be that your rudder dip switch is reversed. Again... a great resource is Melnic's website.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 07:21 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
cph,
Start here: