Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
thanks.
i am looking for an upgrade actually.
so is kv correct?
efficiency?
any known suitable replacements?
Kv is correct.

If you go with a higher kv motor, just replace the pinion to keep head speed the same
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:58 PM
Crash Expert
United States, OK, Yukon
Joined Jan 2011
430 Posts
Fun Fun!!!
Swat342 is offline Find More Posts by Swat342
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,000 Posts
Here's a fix for rotor heads that wobble on the main shaft.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2055
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Nampa Idaho
Joined Jun 2006
392 Posts
Razor parts available:

After rebuildling my Razor following a stock servo failure, I had another servo fail, this time a metal gear unit. I have a nice T-Rex 450 so I decided to not rebuild the Razor. I have some new and used (some hard to get) parts in the Classifieds section. Take a look.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751469

Ron
EZ Money is offline Find More Posts by EZ Money
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined May 2012
241 Posts
Extended belt

I'm trying to build an e-razor for extended flight time. One thing that helps extend fly time is longer main blades. Using longer blades can dampen tail response unless a longer boom and belt are installed. The boom should be easy to retrofit but the belt has me stumped.

Trex 450 belts are roughly 40 cm. e-razor belts are 46 cm, same as are Trex 500 but the 500 is wider. Any suggestions??
Spinnerdog is offline Find More Posts by Spinnerdog
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
810 Posts
My CF ER was shipped with 335mm main blades. But it seems 325 mm main blades are more standard for 450 heli.
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Get bigger tail blades. Longer boom gives you more leverage. Big blades will do as well
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined May 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
My CF ER was shipped with 335mm main blades. But it seems 325 mm main blades are more standard for 450 heli.
Yup, I fly 335 and 325. The 325 seem easier to find. I have a set of 360s on the way. If I can extend the tail ill try 425s.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined May 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minbari View Post
Get bigger tail blades. Longer boom gives you more leverage. Big blades will do as well
Seems that extending the tail would be best. But no reason not to do both if possible.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
I think you will find it won't make much difference. Longer blades weigh more and will grab allot more air. That means more motor power to turn them

You might get a little more stable head speed with more inertia
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerdog View Post
Yup, I fly 335 and 325. The 325 seem easier to find. I have a set of 360s on the way. If I can extend the tail ill try 425s.
Is there any difference in performance/pilot feel between 325 & 335 blades?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined May 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
There might be if you were really good with the heli. And I feel I fly better with the 325s..... Maybe the 325s are a tad more responsive but I'm not sure I could tell the difference if I didn't know which set was on the heli.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
My 335 experience..

Quote:
I used to fly the 335 blades on my Razor. Eventually, I went back to the 325's. The 335's were suppose to add stability. They do but, only if you are running high really headspeeds. Otherwise, the heli wanted to wander around when you are trying to hover in one spot. They also slow the roll rate a little, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

The other problem is the quality. I flew Pro 3G blades and the 335's were very inconsistent in terms of balance. The 325's were better balanced from the factory.

With the 325's, the heli doesn't require insane headspeed, it wanders less, has a little faster roll rate, and requires less balancing tape.

It's been a year since I flew the 335's. Maybe they are better now. That was my experience and your experience may be different than mine.
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Oct 2011
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
I used to fly the 335 blades on my Razor. Eventually, I went back to the 325's. The 335's were suppose to add stability. They do but, only if you are running high really headspeeds. Otherwise, the heli wanted to wander around when you are trying to hover in one spot. They also slow the roll rate a little, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

The other problem is the quality. I flew Pro 3G blades and the 335's were very inconsistent in terms of balance. The 325's were better balanced from the factory.

With the 325's, the heli doesn't require insane headspeed, it wanders less, has a little faster roll rate, and requires less balancing tape.

It's been a year since I flew the 335's. Maybe they are better now. That was my experience and your experience may be different than mine.
I also read from your excellent blog that regarding headspeed. I agree with you conceptually heli should run at lowest headspeed. Well, at least I wont chasing vender who sell 335 anymore.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:13 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Quote:
I also read from your excellent blog that regarding headspeed. I agree with you conceptually heli should run at lowest headspeed. Well, at least I wont chasing vender who sell 335 anymore.
Thanks! Remember, low headspeed is for "hover maneuver practice" only. It keeps the heli from running away from you while you build your skills. As you get better and want to fly circles and figure-eights, increase the headspeed incrementally! Otherwise, you may not have enough power to climb out of a bad situation.
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff