Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:45 AM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat342 View Post
It was the worse heli I ever owned!!!!
That's why I asked. When I saw it I thought "Why did Align build this?" Good to know!
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Hey Pilots,

I'm looking for the correct hookup of the RX included with my FS-TH9X, the FS-R8B (pictured below).

I'm disconnecting my stock e-Razor RX (also pictured) and connecting the FS-R8B and unlike the Dynam RX, there are no labels besides Channel 1 - Channel 8.

I need to know which servos connect to which channel.

Is this right?

Channel 1: Left Aileron
Channel 2: Elevator
Channel 3: ESC
Channel 4: Gyro
Channel 5: Gyro
Channel 6: Right Aileron
Channel 7:
Channel 8:
JHawk19 is online now Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:04 AM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
I got a setup from another user:

Channel 1: ALI 1st collective servo
Channel 2: ELE 2nd collective servo
Channel 3: THR/ESC
Channel 4: RUD 3 wire gyro plug
Channel 5: GEAR single wire gyro plug
Channel 6: PIT 3rd collective servo
7 AUX1
8 AUX2

Can you guys give me suggestions on a Tail Servo upgrade and a Gyro upgrade?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
You might want to check out the ones highlighted in blue (Dynam included for reference on top)

I've personally used the EXI, the Henge and the HXT's ... I like the Henge and the EXI's in particular:

They are both pretty good quality in my view, both are digital, both have metal gears, and the price is right, too!
I'm using your chart to find servos. The D213F's are sold out at Xheli.

What do you suggest for the tail servo replacement?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:05 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
I'm using your chart to find servos. The D213F's are sold out at Xheli.

What do you suggest for the tail servo replacement?
As per PM:

Quote:
The Henge 922 is pretty good at 0.09 sec speed, but then I don't do 3D - just sport flying. The good thing about selecting a tail servo is that you are usually not as constrained size-wise if you are using a boom-mount, so you can go a bit bigger if needed for speed.

The 'gold standard' for a long time was the Futaba 9257, so Hobbywing has provided to 'clones' that claim to be just as fast. Have not tried them myself:

Futaba S9257 nylon 4.8 26.0 1.4 0.08 36.0 15.0 29.0 $80.00

Emax ES9257 plastic 4.8 20.1 2.5 0.05 35.0 14.9 30.1 $15.00

HKS-9257 plastic 4.8 25.0 3.8 0.08 36.0 15.3 21.8 $10.92
Good luck!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:33 PM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
So the helicopter arrived yesterday. The first thing I did was pack up the stock transmitter and receiver to be packed and shipped to a buyer in NC. I labeled all of the wires before I disconnected everything so that it'll be easier to hook everything up to the new FlySky Receiver.

I also did some shopping today. I was going to get the GY48V, but I decided to buy an HK401B gyro by HobbyKing. I got it lightly used and it has the older sensor (not the new plastic case sensor everyone is having problems with). The seller also completed these mods on the unit:

Mod 1: CA'd the solder joints that connect the smaller boards to the main board.

Mod 2: Placed foam between the corners of the main board and the bottom of the gyro case so the board doesn't vibrate inside case.

I also purchased some new servos. Although not necessary, I've heard you guys complain that the Detrum servos are good, but won't last and easily strip if the heli is put down hard. I found a set of 4 Corona 919MG metal gear, digital servos for $30 (including shipping). These are the fastest metal gear, digital servos I could find in the price/size range for the E-Razor.

Lots more to come! TX/RX will be here Monday. I'm sure I'll have the heli setup by Tuesday or Wednesday and the Co-Pilot II system installed by the end of the week!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:12 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Got my fbl E-Razor set up and flying great this weekend

It's using the copterX black angel head and cx-3x1000 fbl unit, corona 939mg's cyclic and ZD-S9257 on the tail.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Zr_Flyer; Jan 03, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post

It's using the copterX black angel head and cx-1x1000 fbl unit, corona 939mg's cyclic and ZD-S9257 on the tail.
So what's left that is original to the E-Razor, the tail boom?!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:54 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post

It's using the copterX black angel head and cx-1x1000 fbl unit, corona 939mg's cyclic and ZD-S9257 on the tail.
Nice machine! Glad it is working well for you!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:55 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
I got a setup from another user:

Channel 1: ALI 1st collective servo
Channel 2: ELE 2nd collective servo
Channel 3: THR/ESC
Channel 4: RUD 3 wire gyro plug
Channel 5: GEAR single wire gyro plug
Channel 6: PIT 3rd collective servo
7 AUX1
8 AUX2

Can you guys give me suggestions on a Tail Servo upgrade and a Gyro upgrade?
how much you wanna spend.
GY48V and JR290G make a great combo from my experiance, but you can still spend more $$ and get a better gyro if you have the $$. JR290G is a great servo for the $$ no matter the gyro (plus you can get spare cases and gears for it if you crash and damage it) GY48V is still a piezo and although it's better, than the stock GY192, it's still a piezo.
http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewGY48v.html
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:41 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
So what's left that is original to the E-Razor, the tail boom?!
Hah , everything I didn't mention except the skids and canopy are still oem.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Hi guys,

Hopefully this is the correct place for this post...since it is all about e-razor 450. I bought a dynam erazor 450 about 2 days ago. I have been flying a lama v3 for a while and wanted something for outdoors and bigger.

I am a relative "noob" to this so please excuse my lack of using the correct terms for things. When I bought the chopper I bought it without its standard radio (brand new) and purchased a JR XG8 with the view of having 1 radio for future bind and fly purchases. Because it is close to xmas, I couldn't get hold of another receiver and been in South Africa deliveries take a long time, so I decided to use the stock RG831B unit that came with the transmitter.

So my question. I am really really itching to go and fly but the setup is my stumbling block. Does any1 have experience with this specific setup that can maybe give me some pointers or point me at another resource or something?

I would really appreciate it.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Draco
dracosveen is offline Find More Posts by dracosveen
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:41 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracosveen View Post
I bought the chopper I bought it without its standard radio (brand new) and purchased a JR XG8 with the view of having 1 radio for future bind and fly purchases.

Does any1 have experience with this specific setup that can maybe give me some pointers or point me at another resource or something?
Draco,

I don't have any experience with the RG831B or the transmitter myself, so hopefully f there is anything quirky about it, someone else will pitch in, but I did take a peek at the receiver, and it looks like a standard 2.4Ghz 8 chnl type item, so getting it wired up should pose no particular issues -- it's labeled on the receiver where throttle and servos go.

I would imagine if the XG8 is a standard computer radio, the first step will be to select "Heli" mode, and that will give you the right menus. After that, you'll want to step through and set up various items from each menu, like pitch and throttle curves, servo reversing, throttle hold, timers, etc.

The Erazor 450 Wiki is a great resource for you, and I think the DX6i settings provided there can be used in your transmitter.
http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...tle=E-Razor450

Also see for reference (notice that a lot of the specific info on radio set up on this site will NOT apply to you, like hover pitch, and the way the Dynam radio selects SET-UP versus OPERATE modes with it's front panel switches):
http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewERazor450.html

One area many of us have had difficulty working through is gyro setup. This guide is for the GY401, but the principles apply to your Dynam gyro as well.
http://www.rchelisite.com/how_to_set...gy401_gyro.php

finally, if you dig in and get stuck, just post here and someone will help muddle through it with you!

Welcome to the Erazor club!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Hi Track,

Thanx for the info. In hindsight I should have actually put more information into my post. I actually have connected the servos to what i think are the correct points however I think that I am stuck on the settings.

What I noticed immediately offa the bat is that my swash plate is all the way down on the left hand side (if looking from behind...heli facing away from me) and it sounds like the servo is straining and trying to push further. I did correct this but only by totally trimming the servo using the menus....which seems wrong to me.

After I got the swash plate as horizontal as I could eyeballing it, I went outside and fired up the engine. What I noticed immediately was that as I increased the throttle, the swash plate started to move up on the left side.

Thats basically when I shut down and reset the radio. And that is where I am stuck.....but I am going to go through your links.

Thanx again.
dracosveen is offline Find More Posts by dracosveen
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:42 PM
Nampa Idaho
Joined Jun 2006
397 Posts
Check your leads especially aileron and channel 6. Did you set your aileron direction to R (Reverse). DO NOT CHANGE YOUR THROTTLE DIRECTION BY MISTAKE.

BTW: Be sure and disconnect your motor leads prior to doing your checks.
EZ Money is offline Find More Posts by EZ Money
Last edited by EZ Money; Dec 20, 2011 at 05:06 PM.