HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:16 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hz6b9k View Post
So toggling on/off the gear switch arms the esc. That is a good safety feature. If you flip the gear switch when the motor is spinning does it cut the throttle?

On my old radio if you plugged a servo into gear on the receiver, you could control the servo with that gear switch. Might be useful to drop paintballs from the heli or something. Someone should try plugging an extra servo into the gear spot on the new radio rx. I'm curious if it still works.
Yes that is correct bro.. I like it ..If you know ur going to crash just flip the switch and hope for the best ..lol
Enguneer is offline Find More Posts by Enguneer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:18 AM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enguneer View Post
Ok Guys I have the same version as Evil is getting. And the left switch on top of the radio is a throtle cut off only meaning the blades will stop turning.. Watch this video very close this is the same radio and heli you will get Dr Evil this is how you will start ur heli every time. Do not start it any other way or you will damage the helli and possably yourself. By the way im on facebook so you can add me if you want We can always share info there as well. My facebook email is the8ofus2@msn.com feel free to add me with a message saying your from the forums or dynam e-razor 450 so i know who you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbO_k6mDMgY
Put this on this page so people wont miss it
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:00 AM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Yep, thats the same video Melnic posted on post #127. Very helpfull, I am suprise Xheli didn't put that out from the get go?!? Oh well, it out now.

Thanks to Enguneer, hz6b9k and Melnic I now have a ton of info. I can use especially Melnic's web page of setting up the erazor w/ videos. It's nice to have people sharing their knowledge of this hobby so others like myself can take advantage of....that said thanks again guys!

A quick question about batteries/chargers again, I know I will be buying more batteries so I can have more flight time. So if I can only get about 6 min. out of a fully charged stock battery (as Enguneer mentioned earlier) which is a 2200mah (11.1V 25C) Lipo, can I purchase something that is higher than a 2200mah? Will that give me more flight time or does a higher "mah" mean a bigger size battery and therefore won't fit my heli or better yet it'll be too heavy??? Also, as for the stock charger...its crazy to think it takes 3-3 1/2 hrs. to fully charge a battery for 6 min. of flight time. Are there aftermarket charger out there that can charge in less time, this will help if I have more than one battery as well. Once a battery is fully charged...will the charger let you know so that you have to disconnect or is it safe to leave it charging (i know this may be a silly question but just wonder if the system is like my "dewalt" screwdriver's battery, once its fully charge...theres no warm of leaving it on the charger, it just simply stop charging). Also, last question...will a fully charged battery "discharge" after you take it off the charger? I mean...say if you've multiple batteries that you want to charge for the next day of flying and you charge one battery at a time, will the first ones lose their charge by the next day once you disconnect it from the charger? Thanks, I know I got a crap load of questions....sorry.
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:05 AM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Oh btw Enguneer, the link you posted to connect with you on fb brought me to a RC forum site....is that correct or is it your personal fb page? Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:52 AM
Allan Stiles
Groveland, Florida
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
Great discussion forum,,Thank you all.....

I am very impressed that knowledgeable Heli pilots are here and helping each other, answering questions ,etc...The Guy (cphd rider) I feel bad for him...But if the "DISASTER"
had been video recorded it would have gone to the top of the charts on youtube and definitely won the cash on Americas funniest videos....At least no one was hurt......
allanstiles is offline Find More Posts by allanstiles
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:12 AM
Allan Stiles
Groveland, Florida
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Yep, thats the same video Melnic posted on post #127. Very helpfull, I am suprise Xheli didn't put that out from the get go?!? Oh well, it out now.

Thanks to Enguneer, hz6b9k and Melnic I now have a ton of info. I can use especially Melnic's web page of setting up the erazor w/ videos. It's nice to have people sharing their knowledge of this hobby so others like myself can take advantage of....that said thanks again guys!

A quick question about batteries/chargers again, I know I will be buying more batteries so I can have more flight time. So if I can only get about 6 min. out of a fully charged stock battery (as Enguneer mentioned earlier) which is a 2200mah (11.1V 25C) Lipo, can I purchase something that is higher than a 2200mah? Will that give me more flight time or does a higher "mah" mean a bigger size battery and therefore won't fit my heli or better yet it'll be too heavy??? Also, as for the stock charger...its crazy to think it takes 3-3 1/2 hrs. to fully charge a battery for 6 min. of flight time. Are there aftermarket charger out there that can charge in less time, this will help if I have more than one battery as well. Once a battery is fully charged...will the charger let you know so that you have to disconnect or is it safe to leave it charging (i know this may be a silly question but just wonder if the system is like my "dewalt" screwdriver's battery, once its fully charge...theres no warm of leaving it on the charger, it just simply stop charging). Also, last question...will a fully charged battery "discharge" after you take it off the charger? I mean...say if you've multiple batteries that you want to charge for the next day of flying and you charge one battery at a time, will the first ones lose their charge by the next day once you disconnect it from the charger? Thanks, I know I got a crap load of questions....sorry.
Hey there,
as we all know nicad, lithiums,etc.etc. rechargeable batteries have a memory...I believe it is best to to cycle a rechargeable battery, meaning -running it all the way dead then charging it to full and running it dead again....No they will generally not "discharge" Purchase a battery tester/ meter and confirm this yourself.....
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:33 AM
Allan Stiles
Groveland, Florida
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enguneer View Post
Put this on this page so people wont miss it
Pre flight check list step by step would be nice if possible?????
Do you agree with using the flight simulator to sharpen up the skills prior to actual flight???? will it help????? Does the crash kit change the flight characteristics of the bird?????? Any one know if there is a battery available that will give longer flight time??????? In the video the tail rotor blades appeared to be a bit loose?????
Thanks again,
Allan
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:16 PM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Spokane
Joined Jan 2009
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanstiles View Post
Hey there,
as we all know nicad, lithiums,etc.etc. rechargeable batteries have a memory...I believe it is best to to cycle a rechargeable battery, meaning -running it all the way dead then charging it to full and running it dead again....No they will generally not "discharge" Purchase a battery tester/ meter and confirm this yourself.....
LiPo batteries are a totally different animal that NiMh or NiCd.

DO NOT run you LiPo's down all the way or you will damage/kill them or start a fire. You should only use 80% of a LiPo's capacity and you should not let them drop below about 3.3 volts per cell.

LiPo's do not suffer from memory effect either.

Also, if you store them for more that 2 weeks, they should be at a partial charge (about 3.7 to 3.8 volts per cell).

Anybody who is new to LiPo's should google "LiPo battery care". These things can be very dangerous and have even burned peoples houses down!
sv1000s is offline Find More Posts by sv1000s
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:19 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
Oh btw Enguneer, the link you posted to connect with you on fb brought me to a RC forum site....is that correct or is it your personal fb page? Thanks.
Ok you go to face book and sign in, then you put that email of mine in the facebook search bar and then i should pop up, try that and see if that works.. Looking forward to having you on my facebook.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:58 PM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanstiles View Post
Pre flight check list step by step would be nice if possible?????
Do you agree with using the flight simulator to sharpen up the skills prior to actual flight???? will it help????? Does the crash kit change the flight characteristics of the bird?????? Any one know if there is a battery available that will give longer flight time??????? In the video the tail rotor blades appeared to be a bit loose?????
Thanks again,
Allan
My preflight checklist is pretty simple, 1) I always make sure throttle is all the way down and all switches (on my radio atleast) are flipped up or away from me. 2) I always turn the radio on first, 3) I Plug in Heli and stand back, 4) Engage the throttle hold before putting canopy on heli.

By practicing with a flight simulator first, I have had a lot of fun flying in real life. Before I got the flight sim, I had a lot of repairs and spent a lot of money on parts. No fun.

There are bigger batteries, but that doesn't always help. In my experience: 1) they are heavier and make the heli use more power, 2) and sometimes CG isn't right because of the battery, and you have to add weight to balance everything out, and 3) with a bigger battery the canopy might not fit. It is better to just have a few more batteries.

You don't want your blades too tight. They need be able to straighten themselves out when you start the heli up.
hz6b9k is offline Find More Posts by hz6b9k
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:51 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
OMG, are you serious about people burning down their homes because of some kind of mishap on charging their battery??? ...that's scary, should I be charging my battery outside? Ok all kidding aside, is it a common thing for liPos to blow up and start a fire?
Last edited by Dr. Evil; Jan 21, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
OMG, are you serious about people burning down their homes because of some kind of mishap on charging their battery??? ...that's scary, should I be charging my battery outside? Ok all kidding aside, is it a common thing for liPos to blow up and start a fire?

@Enguneer, for some reason your email is not working when I plug it into my FB. We may have to try something else.
Dr Evil ill set my privicay to anybody for 1 day so you can get to my facebook.. sorry i forgot i had my settings on private.

Or what is ur facebook email. ill add you?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:07 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
[em
Last edited by Dr. Evil; Jan 21, 2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
I see what the problem is.. what city and regin/country are you in? i need that to add you..

Humm IDK man i can not find you either i put in N.C. and can not find you how weird
Last edited by Enguneer; Jan 20, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:02 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
maybe I can find
Last edited by Dr. Evil; Jan 21, 2011 at 08:50 AM.