HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:38 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Folks, I know many of you are upset with BH and their customer service. There are any number of threads in the Vendor Talk section, and in other forums also, to which you can add your voice of dissent. Can we please allow this thread to be about the plane under review?

Hopefully BH will turn any problems around and maybe JPower will succeed in finding alternate distributors. Though many have had problems with BH, others report that there orders were processed with no problems.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:33 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
How do the retracts seem to be on the bigger one? I may just jump on this one now that I know it is out.
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:36 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
I probably have at least 25 flights on mine, with several other pilots also getting some stick time on it. Mine are solid and work perfectly still. I have not had to tweak or toy with them at all. BUT, I only fly this one from pavement or a school running track made of very small gravel. I'll say it again, I am impressed with the retracts out of the box.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:34 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,272 Posts
Great review, too bad it's only offered by Banana Hobby. I would rather have my hair set on fire than buy from them. Life is too short to sign up for grief and aggravation. I have emailed Jalin and let him know he needs other distributors.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2009, 06:06 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR View Post
I probably have at least 25 flights on mine, with several other pilots also getting some stick time on it. Mine are solid and work perfectly still. I have not had to tweak or toy with them at all. BUT, I only fly this one from pavement or a school running track made of very small gravel. I'll say it again, I am impressed with the retracts out of the box.
I agree, zero issues with the retracts here. Great plane, in all stock form for me. A+
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 30, 2009, 08:27 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,634 Posts
Great review Jon! What a great flying plane. The slow flight/landings were great!
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:22 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for making my wallet a little smaller, I am ordering it now
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:18 PM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Just finished the build on mine. Now the maiden flight waiting game... Come on snow, melt already!!
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:16 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,877 Posts
Sweet love the colors
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:44 AM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
I got to see one of these fly at my local rc field yesterday. The flying characteristics are awesome, just like you see in the video. The sound of the motors alone make it extraordinary. Very realistic, though higher pitched than a real A-10 of course.
The owner of the one I saw said that he had to replace one of the stock ESCs because it was not working properly. Also, the retracts seemed to work fine statically on the ground, but would not work at all while in flight. He had not yet tracked down the source of that problem at the time.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Dec 31, 2009, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
Quote:
I am glad to see these good reports in re folks buying from BH. I hope they continue to come in and that eventually BH will have nothing but good reports like these and lots of satisfied customers.
What good reports? I see one, among a sea of negatives.

Quote:
Folks, I know many of you are upset with BH and their customer service. There are any number of threads in the Vendor Talk section, and in other forums also, to which you can add your voice of dissent. Can we please allow this thread to be about the plane under review?

Hopefully BH will turn any problems around and maybe JPower will succeed in finding alternate distributors. Though many have had problems with BH, others report that there orders were processed with no problems.
But if no one is brave enough to buy the plane, they can't talk about the plane. I've noticed in your threads, you sometimes reply to keep them on topic, and there's nothing wrong with that in some situations, but considering BH is the only place to buy it, I think speaking of them is an on-topic subject for this thread (until there are other sellers). Do you know if JPower is working on other dealers?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:56 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Brian,

If you would read the words of mine that you yourself quoted above in your post, you would see that I said JPower is working on getting more distributors. I understand your point but mine is that there are numerous other threads where folks are expressing their dissatisfaction with BH. I am merely stating that I would hate to see this thread about a very good product deteriorate into nothing but folks going back and forth about BH? I understand a few posts maybe but hopefully that would be enough?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:57 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
And if you do a little searching around RCG, there is another gent claiming he has this plane for sale.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:00 PM
Mad Scientist
United States, MA, Monson
Joined Jul 2007
118 Posts
great review. now we just have to convince some one else to cary jpower. I absolutely refuse to buy anything from bh again. It's a very sore subject for a lot of consumers. hence all the bh bashing. This kit how ever looks very solid. It would be a nice addition to my starmax f-5. a little extra wingspan never hurt anybody (neither do preinstalled retracts). Now I just need a paved runway. gotta love new england lol.
scatological is offline Find More Posts by scatological
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:11 PM
Utah
Joined Feb 2007
97 Posts
Quote:
And if you do a little searching around RCG, there is another gent claiming he has this plane for sale.
Who is the other gent? I would love to get one.
slcrcflyer is offline Find More Posts by slcrcflyer