HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:26 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,135 Posts
is b/h still the only source for these, and if so has anyone heard eta on the restock?

jonesing!!

thanks, chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,022 Posts
Looks like they restocked recently -both the RTF and the ARF.
KiwiKid is offline Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ModelAero Polaris Ultra
Old Sep 12, 2010, 01:40 PM
EDF Addict
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKid View Post
Looks like they restocked recently -both the RTF and the ARF.
Yeah....their site shows everything "ships with 1-3 days" except for the Black Lightning bare airframe kit, that's the only one out of stock.
huggett is offline Find More Posts by huggett
Old Sep 12, 2010, 01:49 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggett View Post
Yeah....their site shows everything "ships with 1-3 days" except for the Black Lightning bare airframe kit, that's the only one out of stock.
ya , and that's what i am looking for , of course.

thanks for the replys.

chuck.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 01:58 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
1,504 Posts
Hey guys, can somebody tell me what size of fans this A10 comes with? 64mm?
Thanks in advance!
E
earaoz is offline Find More Posts by earaoz
Old Sep 22, 2010, 02:08 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earaoz View Post
Hey guys, can somebody tell me what size of fans this A10 comes with? 64mm?
Thanks in advance!
E
correct 64mm
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:42 PM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,022 Posts
BH have a new 70mm A-10 due to be released soon - check it out: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...97&postcount=3
KiwiKid is offline Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ModelAero Polaris Ultra
Old Sep 25, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined Apr 2005
71 Posts
does anyone know how these will fly at around 5,000 ft? i have heard some of these jets do not perform well above sea level?
Bullit is offline Find More Posts by Bullit
Old Aug 21, 2013, 06:40 PM
New Milford CT
Joined Jun 2006
8 Posts
BH Blitz RC Jpower 64mm A10

I recently purchased a Blitz RC/Jpower 5 channel 64mm A10 from Amazon of all places. Even though Banana Hobbies is still the sole supplier for the Blitz RC, Jpower line. They were out of stock and through a search I was able to find three available on Amazon and took a chance. I recieved it one week later in excellent condition and it appears to be the same one as shown in this thread which through my research looks like the second or third generation 64mm A10 from these companies.
First I want to say that after looking at many other companies that sell EDF A10's I believe this to be the best looking one out there in the 64mm size and $230 ARF range.
I agree whole heartedly with everything in this review but felt I needed to add my experience for those looking to purchase this jet.
First I've noticed some people have been asking if it will fly off grass and the answer is NO unless your field is equivalent to a putting green. Despite what Pete said and shows in one of his videos on youtube. The field he flew the planes from at the Rose Bowl grounds had mostly bare spots of dirt not grass. I don't have a paved runway in my local area either but do have several ball fields available for foamy use in off seasons so I ordered the A10. Unfortunately to my disappointment this model was unable to take of from the dirt runway ball field without a substantial shove and a headwind. The runway was just too short to get it off the ground without help. But after the 2 or 3 flights that I was able to get it in the air I had noticed that the landing speed was far less than that of the takeoff speed so this got me examining the plane more closely.
I found that the main landing gear was mounted almost at the back of the wing approximately 3 1/2" behind the CG and therefore needed a great deal of airspeed to get enough air over the elevator surface to have the A10 rotate to take off. Trying to take off such a short runway and holding full up elevator, as was said in the review the plane would leap into the air almost uncontrollably if at all. I did make several frustrating excursions into the grass ripping out landing gear and breaking off the rockets. So those of you who don't mind making some modifications to foamies straight out of the box please read on.
The only two reasons I can think of that the designers of this model mounted the main landing gear so far back is. 1)To get more weight to the nose wheel for traction to steer during takoff and landing. 2) Which my sound silly. The airplane with the batteries removed will still sit upright on the nose wheel.
As for reason number one lets be honest, when accelerating after about the first five feet that small nose wheel is going to be useless anyway. That's where the rudders usually take over with airspeed. Even though this does not have rudders it will simply weather vane into the wind during take off. And the sitting upright with batteries removed. WHO CARES.
Hopefully they will read this and make the same modifications I did to the production units.
I removed the main landing gear mounting blocks and moved them foreword
1 3/8" and did the necessary digging out of the foam in order to make room for the retracted wheels again. For which there is plenty of room I might add. This still left me enough retract servo wire to still reach through the wing without another extension. I saw that someone else had made this modification in there thread but it was on the first generation model and he merely did it for aesthetic reasons because he wanted it as true to scale as possible. I on the other hand was trying to make the short field take off a reality.
Low and behold it worked. On the first take off holding up elevator the nose rotated up at about 3/4 field and the A10 rose gently into the air when it was ready with no surprises. A typical short field take off in a full scale airplane. I've since also added slightly larger main wheels from an F4 available at Horizon and nose wheel from GWS. This allows it to handle the sometimes groomed and bumpy surface of the ball field a little bit better.
I hope this helps anyone out there looking at purchasing the Jpower A10 make a more informed decision before purchasing. Or anyone that would just like to make the one they already own more predictable on take off.
It is a great looking, nice flying airplane if you can get passed all the bad press BH has gotten in the past.
In my quest to make the short ball field take off I did email BH technical assistance wondering if I could use 14.8 Lipos vs. the recommended 11.1 for more power and they did answer me back within 48 hours with the unfortunate answer of no and that I would fry the system unless I changed the motors and speed controls. Hopefully they are getting there act together and providing better customer service to everyone else as well.
rcmotomike is offline Find More Posts by rcmotomike
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:15 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
864 Posts
Curious as I have purchased from Amazon.com as well this A-10, but it's far down in the build queue so haven't started yet. But I did notice the latest version (as is listed on Amazon.com) says in the description to use 4S... See here:

http://www.atomik-rc.com/J-Power-A-1...amouflage.html

Is it possible this newer version comes with a good enough power system for 4S or have you looked at the electronics and checked out that they are not up to running 4S?
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,361 Posts
It still states 30amp escs, I doubt that those will hold up to 4s power.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:46 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,593 Posts
The manual shows 11.1V 3S
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:43 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
864 Posts
Well the manual was certainly never reprinted as this one also comes with servoless retracts, so the manual is certainly not up to date. Looking at the suggest battery on the website it's output is 2600mah x 20C = 52AMP, so amp wise it's staying below the 60 (30ampx2) depending of course on the actual draw from the EDFs themselves. Once I get into mine I'll have to have a look at the motors and see if I can figure anything out and do some watt meter tests.
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member