HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2009, 09:42 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,536 Posts
Discussion
Just a few lies..& a little truth

I found out last week my 25e Hyperion Cap 232 is an excellent choice for finding trees. Unfortunately, I also discovered (newly for me) trees are an excellent choice for eating planes. I have an addiction to light poles! Having read about such experiences, as others have so eloquently expounded on, I never feared because just how darn hard is it to miss a tree for heavens sake? C'mon, they're really really big and green for heavens sake. Well apparently, not that hard when old age and depth perception come into play. All in all tho, a 30 minute fix and didn't even hurt the covering. How the damage came out minimal and the bird fell 30' through I don't know how many branches is totally beyond me. I'm gonna write this one off to great piloting skills.

On the other side of things, I pretty much hammered my Hyperion 10e Cessna awhile back. That was due to poor piloting skills. But, I've cut the nose off, built a firewall into it and bought a new motor with more power for it. The vendor told me I was nuts to put this motor into it, (Motrolfly DM2210/2200kv) but I figured what the heck. I've had more then my share of making poor decisions over the years. It's almost done and really really ugly with all the sanding. It's either going to be a real honker or a real spectacular crash. Either way, I'm gonna slice some air. Sometimes ya just gotta play stupid & dumb. You know, the old, "here hold my beer and watch THIS." scenario!

Sidenote: My flying buddy bought a Maxford 50" Jenny the other day. ($320.00 delivered w/motor-esc) Very Beautiful ARF kit. Very well put together. But there were no assembly instructions, just pictures. The pics DIDN"T EVEN begin to cover the build. I can't say much for the manual either. The aileron control horns are pathetic, the LG wheel fit stinks to high heaven, the supplied motor mount for electric requires new bolts and redrilling because the motor mount box doesn't fit the X mount. There were a couple of other irrtating things but the kit is a beauty. The supplied motor is kicking out 400 + watts on a (tested only) 3s/2100 lipo at 48 amps on a 12 x 6 APC 2.25lb. bird. Ya think it'll fly?

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Transmissions for planes
to remove ads between posts