1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proedf View Post
Hello Dear.

We just got some update for the next cockpit with Pilot

P.S. Only 9 day let for free shipping

Best Regards
Jack
Jack are those pilots going to be available for purchase alone or can you only get them with a cockpit kit? They look very nice!
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2009, 03:40 AM
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealhiphop View Post
Jack are those pilots going to be available for purchase alone or can you only get them with a cockpit kit? They look very nice!
Yes we have two option.:

1. Cockpit with Pilots
2. only Pilots

The F-22 Pilots come up next week.

Best Regards
Jack
Proedf is offline Find More Posts by Proedf
Old Dec 19, 2009, 06:42 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2005
1,943 Posts
Jack,

Please tell me that my Mig 15 with fan and motor and L-39 with fan and motor has shipped. Please email me tracking #
MattinAZ is online now Find More Posts by MattinAZ
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:01 PM
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattinAZ View Post
Jack,

Please tell me that my Mig 15 with fan and motor and L-39 with fan and motor has shipped. Please email me tracking #
Hello Matt.

We try to call you and please chcek email.

Best Regards
Jack
Proedf is offline Find More Posts by Proedf
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:19 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,222 Posts
Really nice plane , if the instructions are poor but I have tons of experience with fule warbirds and builds can I figure this ducted fan project out
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:06 PM
Joined Jan 2005
1,943 Posts
The instructions are ok. lots of good pictures. If you have put together a EDF jet before you will have no problems. The only problem I am having is time.

Will get more work done on her tomorrow.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Really nice plane , if the instructions are poor but I have tons of experience with fule warbirds and builds can I figure this ducted fan project out
Old Dec 20, 2009, 05:59 AM
Alexandria LA
Joined Oct 2004
1,642 Posts
wow....that pilot looks really good
dusmmdb34 is offline Find More Posts by dusmmdb34
Old Dec 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
Joined Dec 2007
42 Posts
Hello Guys, started building my F18 and hope to maiden between Xmas and new year. anybody flown his already? any updates? i am planning on 8s as the 6S config in the video looks a bit lack luster. (30C 3850 Thunderpower 4S with a medusa 1600 kv long can motor). cheers
Andre
monzaturbine is offline Find More Posts by monzaturbine
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:53 AM
Joined Jan 2005
1,943 Posts
Ok, after the successful build and flights of the Mig 15 I am back on the F-18.
Redesigned the taileron linkage using ball joints and I am now very happy with the setup.

Also changed to a bigger servo and metal gears for the second time. There is no way a 9gram servo, as suggested is going to work those tailerons in a secure manner, so you will have to dremel out the 9gram openings to accept your servo of choice.

Looking at the other taileron Pro-desgn planes and holding the tailerons in my hand the F-18 has significantly larger moving surfaces in the rear than the F-22. The Mig-29 uses a slightly different setup where the tailerons are on bearings but it uses a control horn like a traditional setup so I am less concerned with those two.

Tonight, will finish the taileron servo install, will balance and assemble the fan and motor, finish retract install, and start looking at battery placement for the CG. Will give everyone a weight ready to fly tonight - well, thats the plan at least.

Matt
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:51 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,251 Posts
Nice job on the taileron mod!!! I am glad you mentioned the larger servos earlier in you build log, I just ordered some HS-85MG BB's for the tailerons yesterday, those should be beefy enought to handle the control surface you are describing! Looking great and i cant wait to see your finished product!

Brian
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:15 AM
Joined Jan 2005
1,943 Posts
Just got out of the garage for tonight. Everything is mounted except the batteries, steering servo, and some small stuff. Hopefully will be done by tomorrow evening.

The airframe with everything except the motor batteries came in at 5lbs 1 oz, this includes the items yet to be installed. So I figure on 2lbs 4 oz of batteries and we will be at 7-1/2 lbs RTF. I placed my motor batteries 8S5000 in the plane behind the cockpit and she will balance without extra wieght at the reccomended CG. There is enough room for an 8S5000 to but you will need to use two batteries for anything over 6S as the cockpit opening is adequet but no huge. There is lots of room behind the cockpit area in the fuse.

My power system currently installed is the Het motor 600-37 with heat sink and paste installed. Getting about 2000 watts 80amps.

Have the ProEDF retracts installed and they seem kind of small for a 7.5lb airplane. Will find out shortly if they are up to the task.

Will get some pics tomorrow. Good night

Matt
Last edited by MattinAZ; Jan 20, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:31 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
I cant wait to see it fly. Hope you get video. It should be pretty quick!
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2005
1,943 Posts
Ran up the fan today in the plane. My other numbers were on the stand.

Here are my specs and numbers

ProDesign 90mm fan with Het 600-37
7S5000 20-30c packs
CC Ice HV80

77 amps, 1900 watts, 175mph efflux speed out the exit.

Going to stick with the 7S setup, not going to 8S at this time. No sense stressing the components for the maiden. With all the rain we are having hopeful can get it in this weekend.

Will let you know.

Matt
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:37 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,251 Posts
Nice specs Matt! Just goes to show you how far off fancalc can be! Looking forward to seeing some pics and hear about the Maiden. We are getting slammed with rain in San Diego as well, fingers crossed that I can fly this weekend.

Brian

Oh by the way did you go 3s 5000 and 4s 5000 in series?
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:22 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,490 Posts
Fiberglass panel adhesive works well on formers and doesn't drip all inside the fuse like that epoxy job you got there. Try giving Bounty some business.
Also if you tape off the areas you're gonna cut layout then score the lines a few times with a blade before letting that chain saw get to that nice glass work.
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero