HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Discussion
RC Radio Network Live On The Air

Cumming, Georgia for Release 12/06/09
The RC Radio Network (RCRN) launches to the internet airwaves Tuesday bringing to the world via the internet a live 24 hour a day broadcast where listeners can participate via interactive chats, phone calls, and multimedia visuals.

RCRN is the Internets only live, interactive broadcast for Pilots and Drivers. The RCRNs website delivers classic rock music programming 24 hours per day and once per week live broadcast talk shows that feature interesting guests from all facets of the hobby industry. Show guests are here to meet listeners personally via call in lines and a live chat application. The station also features live studio cameras and the ability to push instructional images during broadcast.

About The RC Radio Network
The folks behind the RCRN are industry, veterans, radio control airplane pilots and car and truck drivers who love music and want to give back to the RC community via educational talk radio.
Cliff Whitney RCRN founder stated, “While there are already a few Pod-Cast for the RC participant no one is doing live music and educational programming 24 hours a day. Internet radio has opened up the world to great programming opportunities. Music makes us feel good and while the music is an important part of our programming it is only the start.”

With Studios located north of Atlanta Georgia RCRN will feature fun and educational programming. Once a week shows will feature programming to help listeners improve their hobby. During the live shows listeners will learn about the latest products and services via discussions, reviews and in depth examples all while listening to the folks who are the experts. RC Radio Network will feature informative guests from throughout the industry and we will be doing it all live. A live broadcast is exciting, it is dynamic and RCRN invites you to be part of the action. You can interact with our show guests because our shows feature live text chat, listener call in capabilities and even live image feeds direct from the studio.

For more information, schedules, guest opportunities and advertising programs visit www.rcradionetwork.com and listen in.
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2009, 07:48 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
This sounds exciting.....I'm signed up

Doug
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Old Dec 07, 2009, 02:30 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Site is now live

The site is now live, Check out our schedule for more details.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 16, 2009, 03:36 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
3rd Live show is now posted

Last night (Tuesday 12/15/09) we had our 3rd live broadcast and it is now available for download if you missed it live.

On the show we had
Jeff Meyers, the Southeast Electric Flight Festival (SEFF) event coordinator visited with us live in the studio. SEFF is the largest gathering of Electric flight in the world and the 2010 event is highly anticipated. We talked about the history of the event, when it started it's community outreach programs and how to plan for the 2010 event. A lot of specifics about past events, the staff and operational requirements that are needed to host 500 pilots for a world class event were also discussed. Other topics included the now famious SEFF beer, the pilots and sponsors efforts for a better event. We will have Jeff back in late Feb for more specific 2010 details.

Fred Midgett and Heather Massey from Higher Plane Productions joined us on the show. Heather was just back from "Pilots of the Caribbean 2" in Puerto Rico and filled us in on all of the happennings during the beach adventure. Lots of pilots at this event and the visuals will be on the Higher Plane Productions website. Fred also filled us on the new adventures with Andrew Jesky.

Show run time about 1 hour and will broadcast live at 8:30 EST

Download is available at
http://www.rcradionetwork.com/shows/show_12152009.php
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2009, 05:59 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
well I tuned in for the first time on Christmas day, I like what I hear
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:41 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost 2501 View Post
well I tuned in for the first time on Christmas day, I like what I hear
Thanks got the good words. We have a lot planned for 2010.... spread the word!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:28 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
i will certainly try
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jan 03, 2010, 03:24 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
We have a Winner!

We have a Winner!
RCRN is happy to announce the weekly winner from the 12/08/09 Air show. You can read more and see a few funny photos by clicking here

All you have to do to enter our weekly Air Show contest is make a post in the weekly Airshow forum for that weeks particular Air Show and let us know how you liked that weeks show.

Each weeks winner will receive an RCRN prize package!

Hip Shot posted in the Extreme Flight Forum (show date 12/08/09). Mr Hip-shot as he is known on the RCRN forum took home a new Feather Duster ARF that was donated by Atlantahobby.com.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2010, 06:47 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
How are you paying for the music licensing? I tried to look from the stream but it is flash so I couldn't play it and look at the server info.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jan 04, 2010, 07:03 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
How are you paying for the music licensing? I tried to look from the stream but it is flash so I couldn't play it and look at the server info.
Hi and great question.
We are fully licensed from all of the major music companies including full royalty/licensing coverage for SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI and SESAC. We use professional audio equipment and computer automation software in our studio here in Cumming Ga.

We have invested in redundant systems and powerful internet connections and we own, maintain, and upgrade all of our own servers and equipment. In addition, we pay for all of the music you are hearing and pay a significant (and I mean significant) amount of money in royalty fees to music copyright holders. Also to accommodate our thousands of listeners our monthly bandwidth fees are very hefty.

More info can be found under the FAQ section of our website.
Thanks again for tuning in!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2010, 10:25 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Yes the $25,000 buy in for Sound Exchange is pretty steep unless you are a federally registered non-profit. More and more people going to Loud City and live365 to let them handle the royalties.
Old Jan 04, 2010, 10:34 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Yes the $25,000 buy in for Sound Exchange is pretty steep unless you are a federally registered non-profit. More and more people going to Loud City and live365 to let them handle the royalties.
What we really need is more help in congress to get rid of these silly rules on online stations that are not imposed on AM and FM stations.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2010, 08:26 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
That $25,000 applies especially to AM and FM stations that stream (and they tried to push for air-pay too), many streams suddenly went away. And this was the help from Congress, imagine what it would have been without them pushing this "deal" for us. The official non-profit/educational rates are back to almost reasonable which is what lets us stay on. Our ASCAP, BMI, SESAC contracts are super and pretty much cover us for nearly anything, and they were all pretty cool when I contracted them to make sure our contracts covered our stream. The SoundExchange guys were really nice too, but the company is just far too greedy in my opinion.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
On the show last night we had a great time with Jeff and Chris from the AMA as well as Tom Rothbauer from After dark LED.

Over 500 were able to listen and interact with the live broadcast but if you missed the live show the Pod Cast is now available on the show schedule page. Visit http://www.rcradionetwork.com if interested.

Thanks again to Tom, Jeff and Chris for coming on the show, We all learned a great deal.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Micro Dan on the RCRN show this Tuesday

Last weeks show had visitors from over 30 countries.
Join us this Tuesday 01/12/09 at 8:30 PM EST for our live "Air Show" as we review the latest RC products.

This weeks show will feature Go Brushless President Dan Sny or as most know him "Micro Dan" . Go Brushless is an American based company and has developed many brushless motors, planes and accessories.

Go Brushless motors are easily some of the most versatile, lightest, and most powerful motors on the market today. Top-notch craftsmanship surrounds a GB!" 25mm 12-pole stator enabling it to produce more torque and operate at higher efficiencies than its 9-pole counterparts.

Visit Go brushless.com for more information onthe complete line of products and be sure to jump over to the RCRN Forums and post your pre-show questions for Dan.

Show run time about 1 hour and more information is available by visiting the site click here
Site Sponsor