Discussion
Global Warming Categorically Refuted:

it's snowing in Houston
lymon is online now Find More Posts by lymon
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:02 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Joined Feb 2002
1,892 Posts
That's why the HCGW scientific community prefers to talk about "climate change". The system is so big that parts of it will at times show contrary data to the overall trend.
4 Scale is offline Find More Posts by 4 Scale
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:05 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; May 12, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:06 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
lol
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:12 PM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon View Post
it's snowing in Houston
So? See the note I left on Highflight's post. Coles Notes version, Houston had an ice storm in 79 or 80. All I remember it was freaking hot in july 81.

Marten
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:16 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Wasn't it said a long time ago, that in winter, there was little between Canada and Texas except a barbed wire fence?..

I'm glad to see this, as it sort computes that the warming is showing up in greater weather anomalies. Jim Burke's "After the Warming" predicted that weather extremes would be part of the process.
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:25 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
oh, we had a little last year, too, but snow is a source of fascination for the local folk

'bout twenty years ago we had a December cold snap bad enough to cause electrical system brownouts
the electricity company shut the water department's electricity off with no warning... their backup generator failed to start and the water system lost pressure, took five days to restore

hey guys, the OP was intended to be tongue in cheek... personally I think it unlikely that anthropogenic global warming could be either proven or disproven... whether the seas rise or the poles refreeze twice as thick
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:28 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
oh, we had a little last year, too, but snow is a source of fascination for the local folk

'bout twenty years ago we had a December cold snap bad enough to cause electrical system brownouts
the electricity company shut the water department's electricity off with no warning... their backup generator failed to start and the water system lost pressure, took five days to restore

hey guys, the OP was intended to be tongue in cheek... personally I think it unlikely that anthropogenic global warming could be either proven or disproven... whether the seas rise or the poles refreeze twice as thick
Prove AGW exists ? No probably not.

But that sure as won't stop the leeches from taxing it !
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:37 PM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
Quote:

Roger that

Marten
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Smith View Post
That's why the HCGW scientific community prefers to talk about "climate change". The system is so big that MANY parts of it will at times show contrary data to the overall trend.
(you left out a word)
Hence the need for shady email cover ups.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:48 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
nothing more contrary than snow on planet Houston
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:59 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Yeah could also be said of palm trees with snow on them, Snow in Los Vegas last April..

One person was overheard to say.." It seems he wanted to make a snow angel, but just could not figure out how."
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Dec 04, 2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,721 Posts
I live in Houston too and I'm about to have a snow ball fight with my 5 year old!! Weird times!
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Dec 04, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
it's that global warming they want to rename climate 'change'. top warmists may themselves be privately appalled at the inability of their models to cope with the empirical measurements, but publicly, it's all about 'change'.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Dec 04, 2009, 02:55 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooeeee! View Post
Yeah could also be said of palm trees with snow on them, Snow in Los Vegas last April..

One person was overheard to say.." It seems he wanted to make a snow angel, but just could not figure out how."
how many of Vegas'palm trees are native to the area?..I'd venture a guess that none of them are...were transplanted from a tropical /semi-tropical area

www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/rduse/nv.htm... lots of evergreens and hardwoods but no palms native to Nevada..
daddiozz is online now Find More Posts by daddiozz
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 04, 2009 at 03:07 PM.