HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:27 PM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
looking at parts pictures of this heli, I noticed that the swash plate assembly is no different from the HK250GT. I guess the ball will fall off after a few flights unless copterX is using a different metal for the swash.
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Virginia, USA
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
rsmheli you got PM.

Anna Arze
Machinaria is offline Find More Posts by Machinaria
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:11 PM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338 View Post
looking at parts pictures of this heli, I noticed that the swash plate assembly is no different from the HK250GT. I guess the ball will fall off after a few flights unless copterX is using a different metal for the swash.
It wont fall off right away. Mine lasted a few weeks of thrashing around on a near daily basis. I thought it might have been just me till I read other reports of the swash coming apart.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:23 PM
Team Mulikow
mulikow's Avatar
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2007
1,046 Posts
Had my cx250se before xmas...and fly it everyday. Havent had any issues with anything. All stock Copterx...nothing align on it.
Copterx has a stock motor and esc that is alot cheaper than the align motor and esc. Id go with that before I went with align parts. towerpro 9g servos all around.
Dont know where you guys are getting these balls falling off???
mulikow is offline Find More Posts by mulikow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
I had read about a $20 gyro that was pretty good, but can't find the name or the video i saw... Any recommendations on a good gyro sub- $50 for one of these?

Cheers
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:15 AM
Registered User
rsmheli's Avatar
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
I had read about a $20 gyro that was pretty good, but can't find the name or the video i saw... Any recommendations on a good gyro sub- $50 for one of these?

Cheers

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...en&q=401b+gyro

I have one but have not tried it yet
I believe there are other clones also
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:58 AM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmheli View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...en&q=401b+gyro

I have one but have not tried it yet
I believe there are other clones also
No, but you can put what you want on it.

I have several gyros I have tried, but the little really like a good gyro GP750, 2100T or better. A $100 + gyro is really worth the money especailly in the 200/250 class. There is a difference.

The 401 clones, GU210 and others work, but just not nearly as well. You will eventually loose the tail and it's up to your piloting skills if you save it or it smokes in.

The 401 and clone dirivitives like to be on bigger helis.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:09 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov View Post
No, but you can put what you want on it.

I have several gyros I have tried, but the little really like a good gyro GP750, 2100T or better. A $100 + gyro is really worth the money especailly in the 200/250 class. There is a difference.

The 401 clones, GU210 and others work, but just not nearly as well. You will eventually loose the tail and it's up to your piloting skills if you save it or it smokes in.

The 401 and clone dirivitives like to be on bigger helis.
Oh I am sure there is a big diffrence, but I am looking a hovering and basic forward flight for now. I plan on going full flybarless with a mini v-bar later.

For now I am looking at getting a copterX clone, stock motor, esc, some decent metal gear digital servos and a cheap workable gyro.

I am not looking at doing a high dollar build, as I know this heli will likely be crashed, servos smoked, etc. etc.

The idea that I can trash a frame, junk it for parts, and build a new trainer for less than $100 with servos and gyro is very appealing.
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:13 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulikow View Post
Had my cx250se before xmas...and fly it everyday. Havent had any issues with anything. All stock Copterx...nothing align on it.
Copterx has a stock motor and esc that is alot cheaper than the align motor and esc. Id go with that before I went with align parts. towerpro 9g servos all around.
Dont know where you guys are getting these balls falling off???
Oh, I was talking a about the GT swash with balls falling off. They just look the same on the picture, but maybe copterX have better alloy materials.
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulikow View Post
Had my cx250se before xmas...and fly it everyday. Havent had any issues with anything. All stock Copterx...nothing align on it.
Copterx has a stock motor and esc that is alot cheaper than the align motor and esc. Id go with that before I went with align parts. towerpro 9g servos all around.
Dont know where you guys are getting these balls falling off???
totally agree with you. I also had my 250se over a month without any issues but I don't like my Align gyro too much I will probably get a Spartan soon
CopterManiac is offline Find More Posts by CopterManiac
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:25 AM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
Oh I am sure there is a big diffrence, but I am looking a hovering and basic forward flight for now. I plan on going full flybarless with a mini v-bar later.

For now I am looking at getting a copterX clone, stock motor, esc, some decent metal gear digital servos and a cheap workable gyro.

I am not looking at doing a high dollar build, as I know this heli will likely be crashed, servos smoked, etc. etc.

The idea that I can trash a frame, junk it for parts, and build a new trainer for less than $100 with servos and gyro is very appealing.
You don't need metal gear digital cyclic servos for this heli for what you are going to use it for. I run HS 45s in several of my helis and they do the job. I have had only to replace one gear set once.

I would probably, then, just get a MKS 191 - it has been a better overall gyro than my 401 clone or my GU210. Basic cheap and works pretty well. It doesn't hold tail in reverse well but none of the cheap gyros do.

Then use a JR 185 tail servo. That will get you a set of cyclic servos, a tail servo and gyro under a $100.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:43 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
hmm good advice; thanks!

The learning curve on all of this is very step, there are just so many products on the market!
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:00 PM
Team Mulikow
mulikow's Avatar
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2007
1,046 Posts
cx250se

19.99 gyro...from ehirobo.com....gy401-b gyro. works great on the 250se. Holds great.

Just search copterx 250se on youtube...and youll see this gyro in action.
mulikow is offline Find More Posts by mulikow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:53 PM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
hmm good advice; thanks!

The learning curve on all of this is very step, there are just so many products on the market!
yeah, and you really don't know until you try a bunch of different stuff on different helis. I am fortunate enough to have a bunch of helis and stuff to try out and see back to back the difference X Y or Z makes. Otherwise I wouldn't have known either. And I still haven't tried all the possiblities out there. But I have learned what works pretty well and what works great on a few specific helis. Mainly the little Walkeras, the 100 200/250 class and 450s.

Then I have my Nitro which is another animal altogether.

I had to kind of cool it for awhile. I have so much heli junk that I was bored yesterday a built another entire heli that is flying now just from stuff I had laying around.

The people who say the 401 clone is awesome, great just haven't experienced a really high quality gyro.

Don't get me wrong. I was impressed with it and it works well, but compared to a GP750 or 2100T there is night and day differences.

Just as there is with Align vs clones. In a lot of respects they are very close, sometimes the clone is a cut above on certain things. However, at the end of the day the Align 250 is geniune and the clone is just a clone, and they just are not the same thing.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:19 PM
Team Mulikow
mulikow's Avatar
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2007
1,046 Posts
lol...Im one of those people that have three logictech 2100t's and two futaba 401's...and I still say...the gy401-b...holds quite well!!! I also have the gy401-b on my nitro and again...it holds quite well. For 20 dollars...you just cant beat it.
As for my Align 250 vs my Copterx 250Se. I wish I never had purchased my align 250 piece of junk. I would stick with the copterx 250se any day. Damn...the money I could have saved!!!
mulikow is offline Find More Posts by mulikow
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 450 CopterX SE V2 (SOLD) tnflyer1 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Nov 19, 2009 01:30 PM
For Sale Streched 4s Copterx SE V2 part out LAWN DART! Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Oct 11, 2009 11:35 PM
Sold TT Mini Titan SE w/SICK 6 turn Scorpion/HS-5065MG/GP750/S9257-$250+ Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Sep 06, 2009 09:56 PM
Wanted copterx 450 (se) darkside212 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Sep 03, 2009 01:46 PM
Sold TT Mini Titan SE w/SICK 6 turn Scorpion/HS-5065MG/GP750/S9257-$250+ Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Sep 03, 2009 09:49 AM