HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:26 PM
Team Mulikow
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2007
1,047 Posts
Anyone else who gets a cx250se...it would be nice if they can post some vids..
mulikow is offline Find More Posts by mulikow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:58 PM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulikow View Post
Im using the gy401B gyro...available at ehirobo.com....19.99 dollars.

I just plugged and play with the esc...didnt program it at all. Not using an external bec...i think the esc comes with it internally. I should program it though...and have it soft start and brake off. I'll see about getting some info on the esc...and post it.
Thanks!
Some programming info on the esc would be great. I emailed KY-Models.com
and asked for some specs etc. If they reply, I will post it.
My esc came with no paperwork at all.
My CopterX250SE arived today. First thing I noticed is the tail pitch slider won't move on the shaft. Also the links are very tight on the balls as mentioned earlier.
Will know more tonight when I can examine it.
Richard
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane Airport
Joined Oct 2006
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Yeah, because on the Align 250 you only need to change the tail servo, mixing arm bearings, sort out the slop in the tail, and hope that the undercarriage and belt don't break
You have a good point there.

I had to replace the tail servo, modify the tail blades, modify the tail rod, modify the canopy mounts and spend hours getting my early version trex250 tail to work. The new higher torque tail servo required to tame the tail cost 1/4 of the cost of the kit.

So these guys replacing a few parts during the CX250 build is no different. But the CX250 heli costs alot less.
PlaneHeli is offline Find More Posts by PlaneHeli
Last edited by PlaneHeli; Jan 20, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:09 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,047 Posts
cx250se

Nope...I didnt have to replace anything on my cx250se. Flew as is.
I do remember my tail was stiff...I just loosened a screw and added some grease to the shaft...and it moved freely after that.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:47 PM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Im using the gy401B gyro...available at ehirobo.com....19.99 dollars.

I just plugged and play with the esc...didnt program it at all. Not using an external bec...i think the esc comes with it internally. I should program it though...and have it soft start and brake off. I'll see about getting some info on the esc...and post it.
I emailed KY-Models and asked for info on the CopterX ESC.
It has a 3 amp BEC. I am assuming it is a linear BEC.
They didn't provide much info and I sent another e-mail asking for a programming guide. I will post it if they respond.
E-mail reply is below.
My Tail slider was frozen to the shaft. I was able to free it but it is notchy and not smooth. I will attempt to find a cure but may install an Align or Microheli Tail.
Does anyone know if the Align parts are an exact match on the CopterX 250SE?Thanks
Richard

Dear Richard,

The weight of CX250-10-03 is around 28g.
Yes , it have a build in BEC rated at 5V and 3Amp.

Best Regards,
May
KY MODEL
msn: copterx@live.hk
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KY-Model/155348688770
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,047 Posts
ive got the manual for the 30amp esc...ill see if I can load it.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:57 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,047 Posts
Why is it notchy??? Can you show a pic of where the problem is?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:13 PM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Why is it notchy??? Can you show a pic of where the problem is?

It appears to be a poor machning job on the shaft as well as some slop on the slider. I suspect there was an excess amount of threadlock at the assembley that caused the stuck components. I have it free, but have been unable to smooth the action.
I have ordered a MH tail unit.
Thank you for the ESC instructions! I had been unable to locate them.
I am still wanting to know if the parts are fully compatible with the Align 250 Parts.
Does anyone know???
Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 22, 2010, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2010
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmheli View Post
It appears to be a poor machning job on the shaft as well as some slop on the slider. I suspect there was an excess amount of threadlock at the assembley that caused the stuck components. I have it free, but have been unable to smooth the action.
I have ordered a MH tail unit.
Thank you for the ESC instructions! I had been unable to locate them.
I am still wanting to know if the parts are fully compatible with the Align 250 Parts.
Does anyone know???
Thanks,
Richard
I have a trex 250 and all my parts are compatible
I hate to admit but my copterx is just as good as my trex if not better same setup as the trex with castle creations esc bec.
CopterManiac is offline Find More Posts by CopterManiac
Old Jan 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Where is the best place to get one of these? Do you guys mind helping me make a parts list?

If I wanted to do a budget copterX build, and make it as stable as possible, not really looking for performance at this point, just stability.. I perfer digital servos as I will eventualy put a flybarless system on this heli.

Coptor X 250SE

Servo's?
Tail servo?
Good HH gyro?
Motor?
Esc?

I have a radio, and an RX (walkera 2801 pro and reciever)
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:32 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze View Post
ive heard the exi is just plain not even close to being a true trex clone and the hk is basically junk .. so is the copterx pretty much 100% parts compatibility with the trex? i did order one btw it looked nice for the money ...
Sure looks like the 250 every body else is selling: Bullet, Pyro, XYZ, HK250GT

The EXI is not far off a Trex, exact no, most of the parts to interchange, some don't unless you get the whole assembly.

For example the main gear and oneway bearing together are interchangable but the clone bearing will not go into the Align gear or visevesrsa. There are a few other non-compatable parts, but you could completely Alignize it and use some the better clone parts and end up with a better than real Trex 250.

There are somethings I like better about the clone. Way better tail pushrod guide holders for example. The hardware is much better too.

What sucks about the clones is the bearings don't last long and the ball will fall out of the swash plate at sometime early on.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:49 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
Where is the best place to get one of these? Do you guys mind helping me make a parts list?

If I wanted to do a budget copterX build, and make it as stable as possible, not really looking for performance at this point, just stability.. I perfer digital servos as I will eventualy put a flybarless system on this heli.

Coptor X 250SE

Servo's?
Tail servo?
Good HH gyro?
Motor?
Esc?

You do not need digi servos.

I used HS 45 on the cyclic and a JR 85 ??? I think their little digi high speed one. I will have to look at the number gain.

And the basic Trex 250 motor and ESC.

A Logictech 2100T gyro

I also have a 2108, the RX just barely fits and you will have to take a frame side off to get it in.

Flew every bit as good as my Trex before stuff starting failing.

Now it flies, again every bit as good as my Trex, but that is because it has nearly $200 worth of genuine Align Trex parts on it now.

I could have just bought a Trex for what I have put into it.

Pretty much a complete Align head, a modified hybird Align/clone front tail gear drive (no way would I trust the stock one not withstand brand new it was not true - the pastic gear wobbled), Align main gear and bearing, an Align tailbox and shaft (note the Align shaft does not fit the clone box) Align upper frame, Align main shaft, Align main shaft bearings, Align landing gear set... boom and none of the belts are any good. Yes some of it was from a crash (belt failure), some of it just wore out and I lost two belts in mid flight because the metal frame end boom box doesn't stay tight, which has been replaced by a plastic Align one - never had any more trouble with it since. Get a Kevlar super belt.

My 2 cents is just buy an Align Trex. You are going to have one in the end anyway.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
Virginia, USA
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Machinaria Team menbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post

Coptor X 250SE

Servo's?
Tail servo?
Good HH gyro?
Motor?
Esc?

Hello

We at www.machinaria.com will carry the CopterX 250se and all its replacement parts. If anyone is interested in joining the Machinaria Team please send us an e-mail to support@machinaria.com. Machinaria Team members will receive discounts and special offers throughout the year. The only requirements to join are to have experience with 3D helicopters and some knowledge in electronics pertaining to Electric RC helicopters such as ESC's, servos, brushless motors and lipo batteries.

Best regards
Anna
sales@machinaria.com
www.machinaria.com
Machinaria is offline Find More Posts by Machinaria
Last edited by Machinaria; Jan 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:51 PM
Virginia, USA
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Gadflyii

Gadflyii you got PM.

Best regards
Anna
sales@machinaria.com
www.machinaria.com
Machinaria is offline Find More Posts by Machinaria
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:21 PM