HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2009, 11:37 AM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markh78 View Post
Dunno where you heard that from.
My hk's flying pretty well, although I did replace spindle, belt and tail mount block (all pretty cheap considering the intial price)
thats not really what im worried about, i like my align just fine i think its a nice model and i like nice ones and putting good electrics in them and dont waste my time on building budget flyers really i feel i have too much invested in learning to fly to cheat myself but i can appreciate a good deal on a heli kit for sure .. i doubt i will even build the copterx unless i total out one of my other helis and move the electrics over ... i was looking more at it like its a good spare parts model actually and if i have the align tore down i can move things over to it like the blocks and whatnot .. so yes that more what im thinking 'is it align compatible' ...
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2009, 01:54 AM
homeless or heli's...hmmm?
tucson
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
me and my father-in-law both got one of these for christmas, and I just finished building mine tonight, and hovered it in the living room tonight.

seems pretty good, but i am not using the best electronics, what we started with was

cx250se
6110e spectum reciever
dx6i
telebee gyro(pain in the @ss to set up by the way)
4X hxt900 servos
20 amp mystery esc
hobbyking ka400h brushless motor

tomorrow I plan to do the maiden flight weather permitting, and I will let everyone know what the verdict is!
str8eightshot is offline Find More Posts by str8eightshot
Old Dec 29, 2009, 03:22 AM
Team Mulikow
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2007
1,042 Posts
Gino: The ehirobo motor and esc are great. The motor is basically the same as the stock align motor. I find the cx250se to be better than my align 250 that has been plagued with tail issues from the start. Ive sold my Align 250 since.
mulikow is offline Find More Posts by mulikow
Old Dec 29, 2009, 05:09 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP View Post
"My hk's flying pretty well, although I did replace spindle, belt and tail mount block"

There you go
Yeah, because on the Align 250 you only need to change the tail servo, mixing arm bearings, sort out the slop in the tail, and hope that the undercarriage and belt don't break
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
Rotortech.ca
Edmonton, AB Canada
Joined Oct 2006
34 Posts
Johnny, in your vid the tail looks like it has a bit of wag to it. Were you flying in high winds or was it just me? I might bite on one of these. My HK250GT has the tail nightmare that I'm in the middle of.
Stump3r is offline Find More Posts by Stump3r
Old Dec 29, 2009, 02:25 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,042 Posts
Ya...I knew I should have never posted that vid...lol....the heli wasnt ready for its maiden. I hadnt zoomed in on the gain yet. I had a touch to much. Its rock solid now. No tail issues what-so-ever. Youll see it in the next video I put out. I also have the
hk250GT and the Align 250. They both have tail issues. The CX250SE has none. Plug your elelctronics in it...and fly!!!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:16 AM
tucson
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
k so I got it up and flew, problem is I have to go 80 % stick to get lift, 12+- and headspeed is good not sure what to do? any ideas?
Old Jan 03, 2010, 12:27 AM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,042 Posts
80% on what motor and what pinion are ya using????
Old Jan 03, 2010, 03:29 PM
tucson
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulikow View Post
80% on what motor and what pinion are ya using????
me and my father-in-law both got one of these for christmas, and I just finished building mine tonight, and hovered it in the living room tonight.

seems pretty good, but i am not using the best electronics, what we started with was

cx250se
6110e spectum reciever
dx6i
telebee gyro(pain in the @ss to set up by the way)
4X hxt900 servos
20 amp mystery esc
hobbyking ka400h brushless motor (15t pinion)

Cant seem to get the tail to hold either, did one pump, lost the tail, and piro'd to its death. so now its a waiting game for parts...
Old Jan 03, 2010, 11:04 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,042 Posts
For my setup i used the stock motor and esc that ehirobo supplies for the cx250se. Its a very nice combo. Im using the logictech 2100t gyro...rock solid. I also tried the 401b gyro it was also rock solid but was kind of to bulky for the cx250se....however it was also rock solid...and for 19 dollars...damn it worked great. I never had any luck ever using the telebee gyro.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:59 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,042 Posts
Here is a vid using the GY401-B Gyro on the CX250SE. It so damn sweet.
CopterX250SE (1 min 35 sec)

Gino....is yours in the air yet????
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:28 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,023 Posts
Jonny,

What tail servo are you using ?

Cheers,
Mike.
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:20 AM
Rotortech.ca
Edmonton, AB Canada
Joined Oct 2006
34 Posts
Now that looks better Johnny. I'll say this I have my HK250GT purring like a kitten. I had my old POS telebee gyro on it and that was the source of the tail headaches. I had a spare Gaui GU210 lying around and threw that on it, boom no more tail issues. I grabbed a set of 42mm blades this weekend at the LHS and the tail is locked solid now. I would love to get the CX250 and compare the two. John where is that vid you promised about convincing the wife I need another helicopter? I'm up to 7 birds now and I get barked at everytime another box of goodies shows up.
Stump3r is offline Find More Posts by Stump3r
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:02 PM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulikow View Post
For my setup i used the stock motor and esc that ehirobo supplies for the cx250se. Its a very nice combo.
Hello Mulikow
I ordered the same motor and ESC along with the cx250SE.
It should arrive this week.
I can't find any info on the esc as to if it has a BEC and the ratings.
How do you have yours set up?
Are you running a separate BEC?
Any advise would be appreciated,
Thank you,
Richard
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:25 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,042 Posts
cx250se

Im using the gy401B gyro...available at ehirobo.com....19.99 dollars.

I just plugged and play with the esc...didnt program it at all. Not using an external bec...i think the esc comes with it internally. I should program it though...and have it soft start and brake off. I'll see about getting some info on the esc...and post it.