HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
I did see those, I just thought if I joined a 1" or 2" strip to the top would that be to weak?
EBurkart3rd is offline Find More Posts by EBurkart3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:07 PM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
Not much progress but it's something.
I cut out the fuse sides and transfered the marks for the formers on the wrong side of one of the pieces
Next I will sand down the edges then it will be time to watch some more videos.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:05 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Nice going Ernie looking good I don't know if its the angle you shot but it looks like the wing cut out is smaller than it should be lol ill look at it tomorrow on a bigger screen it looks right, just weird to me lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:10 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
LOL Well its not much bigger looking on this screen LOL It looks exactly like the plan cut out so I'm thinking its perfect just the tail to nose look makes it seem like the wing saddle is short. great job my friend and press on
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:50 AM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
I couldn't get it all in one frame standing the other way.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:45 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
I forgot to ask, what engine are you putting on it?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
O.s. 46ax
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:46 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Do you have a larger engine?
A 46 is going to be alittle on the weak side.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
The O.S. .46 will have just enough power to climb slowly out of a hover if you use the right prop 12.25x3.75 is the prop you need for that engine. Try and keep your build as light as possible and it can work out ok. I flew my TT 40 on a thunder tigre .46 and it was actually a lot of fun. Of course the Saito .72 was the best.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:12 PM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
I have a os65la but I think it has similar output as the 46? I'm not ready for any fancy tricks yet. I did have Waldo show me how to do a loop with my plane, but I didn't get a chance to try it since the elevator flew right off half way through his loop.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:17 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
That was Hysterical Ernie said Hey!!! can my plane do a loop I said yes apparently I was wrong

I'm thinking he's going to love his 46AX on there just like David22 does we can always push him into the bigger engine once he gets used to it. Ernie is flying awesome and has come a long way in a very short time I believe this plane will give him the thrill he's looking for
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:48 PM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
That was Hysterical Ernie said Hey!!! can my plane do a loop I said yes apparently I was wrong

I'm thinking he's going to love his 46AX on there just like David22 does we can always push him into the bigger engine once he gets used to it. Ernie is flying awesome and has come a long way in a very short time I believe this plane will give him the thrill he's looking for
I will not ask again unless I am absolutely positively sure I glued and pinned the hinges in next time.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Sep 2012
34 Posts
Eight days into my build.

I started this hobby two years ago and flew ultra micros in the park until I joined a local flying club late this past summer. Met a guy at the field who introduced me to bigger planes. The rest is history.

This is my first build, much less from stock and prints. I've never even put together an ARF. I've barely made repairs to planes beyond soaking foam in hot water so it regains its shape or gluing landing gear back on. Anyone who knows me knows that when I get into hobbies, I go all in. No exceptions this time. I had been looking for a reason to set up a workshop in the otherwise unused basement. When I found this thread, it was the inspiration I needed.

So far, so good. Aside from work, I have no other demands on my time, so I've been spending the evenings downstairs working. I have probably 20 - 25 hours into it. I picked up the engine this afternoon, a Saito .72. Looking forward to that four stroke sound and performance!

Billytown is offline Find More Posts by Billytown
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:14 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Hey billytown that is beautiful very nice work and that 72 is going to be an awesome engine on this bird keep us up to date please and keep the pics coming