HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2009, 06:37 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,213 Posts
Discussion
Slow order processing and shipping from Banana Hobby?

Well, I have had good luck and no problems with my two previous BH orders, but saw something today that annoyed me.

I ordered two in stock EDF jets from BH on Black Friday. I also ordered three models from Nitroplanes on Black Friday, within the same hour.

In spite of the models being listed as being in stock and ready to ship within 1 to 3 business days (and today the models read the same way), the status of my order on the BH web site reads "will ship in 2-3 weeks". Can you explain the extra delay?

By comparison, the three models I ordered from Nitroplanes have been confirmed to have been picked up by UPS and are scheduled to be delivered to me on Nov 3, four business days after ordering.

Pete, I hope you can shed some light on this. I have been a strong BH supporter, but this seems like bad customer service to me.......
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Dec 01, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:12 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
Let me fill you in- read before you buy. A lot of people are having similar problems.
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Dec 02, 2009, 03:23 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Well, I have had good luck and no problems with my two previous BH orders, but saw something today that annoyed me.

I ordered two in stock EDF jets from BH on Black Friday. I also ordered three models from Nitroplanes on Black Friday, within the same hour.

In spite of the models being listed as being in stock and ready to ship within 1 to 3 business days (and today the models read the same way), the status of my order on the BH web site reads "will ship in 2-3 weeks". Can you explain the extra delay?

By comparison, the three models I ordered from Nitroplanes have been confirmed to have been picked up by UPS and are scheduled to be delivered to me on Nov 3, four business days after ordering.

Pete, I hope you can shed some light on this. I have been a strong BH supporter, but this seems like bad customer service to me.......

i thought nitro planes and bh were the same co.
dane101 is offline Find More Posts by dane101
Old Dec 02, 2009, 03:26 PM
EDF Addict
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane101 View Post
i thought nitro planes and bh were the same co.
BH is not affiliated with Nitro in any way......Pete has made that pretty clear in the past.
huggett is offline Find More Posts by huggett
Old Dec 02, 2009, 03:44 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggett View Post
BH is not affiliated with Nitro in any way......Pete has made that pretty clear in the past.

sweet..ordering me a plane right now
dane101 is offline Find More Posts by dane101
Old Dec 02, 2009, 05:14 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er View Post
Let me fill you in- read before you buy. A lot of people are having similar problems.
I have read and know of the issues. I also know that two previous orders were flawless and the models are working well.

Does not mean I will not hold their feet to the fire when they do screw up.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Dec 02, 2009, 07:17 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,213 Posts
Gave them a call and got busy signals.

Entered on line chat and got a response withing about 5-10 minutes. the status of my order has changed twice since then and it appears that things are looking better. BH chat person said the order will ship "right away".

I will keep the forum posted on how things go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2009, 06:53 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,213 Posts
After a delay of 3-4 days, the models are in route and due to be delivered on Wed, Dec 9, according to UPS tracking.

Pete seems to have delivered on his promise to fix the error that delayed my shipment.

However, my Nitroplanes models did show up nearly a week before the BH models will show up. I got them last Thursday. Both the NP and BH order was placed within the same hour on Black Friday, per the previous posts.

Hang in there, Pete. Next year, on Black Friday, I want to order again from both you and NP and get the models on the same day the following week, with no delay....
RCG Plus Member