HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:00 PM
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
1st John THANK YOU for helping with this . I called and talked to both of my friends (yes all 2 of them) and they have seen the same thing, they fly more than I can and both have expierenced this both on the ground and in flight. During the conversation it was brought out that other than setting the throttle position for the ESC none of us have made any changes to parameters for the throttle channel. I have the IMAX/FLYsky manual, but have not found any settings (that I can find) that have to be programmed for the throttle before use other than throttle normal/reverse. Is there a range setting for subtrim or end point that may have to be set prior to using? We are all pretty new to this )1 1/2 yrs) and prior to the 9x ,2 of us used the HK 2.4 6 channel and one used a 72MHZ 4 channel. See what happens when you upgrade.
Sparkydo is offline Find More Posts by Sparkydo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:17 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
The Throttle channel does have trim, subtrim, and endpoint adjustments, just like the other channels.

None of those settings would cause the throttle to delay acceleration by 2 seconds, however.

You say you have something set to minus 30 to get throttle hold to work. Do you also see that your throttle doesn't have any action until you move it up a fair bit from full down? Sometimes ESCs also have an auto calibrate mode where you have to move the throttle to full, then back down to off, to arm the ESC and it will also calibrate itself to the signals that the radio puts out as full and off.

What exactly did you set to minus 30, and what happens if you set it back to zero?
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:17 PM
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
John sorry about not getting back till now, wife had surgery on broken foot and she has required alot of care, along with work has kept me to busy to do much of anything else. I had to set throttle hold to minus 30 to get total throttle shut down. I will try and reset it tonight and see what happens. I was looking in my imax manual and found a parameter for throttle delay. It was inactive. I have activated it and will also see this wknd if it makes a difference. I Dont know what the default setting is if not active. 000 is no delay and 040 is about 1 sec per the book. I did go back to my HK 6ch radio and had no delay noticed. Maybe Im just being paranoid about this issue. (HA HA)
Sparkydo is offline Find More Posts by Sparkydo
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
sorry to dig up a old thread but sounds like you guys know whay you are doing. I'm about to get a Parkzone P47 and would like to set it up with the flaps and gear. I currenty have a PZ Corsair and my radio works great for that.

The Ails are on a y and the ele has its own channel. The flaps will be on a y as well so i wanted to know whats the easiest way to set it up to have full control over the flaps meaning that i can use a pot to bring them from centered to full flap as i please on a pot.

Thanks for the help in advance
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:33 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,038 Posts
Thinking about buying one of these cheapo radio's for gliding / slopesoaring ...
Whats the range ?
Can you set it for crow..
came I bind it to other receivers ?? Spekrum AR500 in my other 2 gliders

Sean
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:05 PM
Sao Paulo, Brasil
Joined Aug 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie View Post
Thinking about buying one of these cheapo radio's for gliding / slopesoaring ...
Whats the range ?
Can you set it for crow..
came I bind it to other receivers ?? Spekrum AR500 in my other 2 gliders

Sean
1) Range: I tested 8CH receiver (V2) at 6.83km (around 5.5 miles), and it worked OK, but at such distance antenna has a blind spot, so I would trust it to 3km max.
2) Yes, it does butterfly/crow
3) No, any 2.4ghz system bind only with same brand receivers, so it bind with HK V2, Turnigy V2, Eurgle G3 and other brands for the same thing. Does not bind to DSM2 (AR500), but additional full-range 8CH receiver cost only 9 dollars each, so you will not got poorer buying two additional receivers.
alexcmag is offline Find More Posts by alexcmag
Old Jun 03, 2011, 12:49 AM
Slovenija
Joined Sep 2010
78 Posts
Hi.

I am new in RC and I own TH9x v.2 . I have made DLG with elevator and rudder only. So , I am using 3 CH Rx . I wonder , is it possible to have elevator pre-set on 3 position switch (like : up position - for 3 clicks up elevator trim , neutral position - neutral elevator , down position - 3 clicks down elevator trim )?
I can use 6 Ch Rx too , but 8 Ch Rx is too big to fit into fuselage .
Help please .

BR , M.
mawoziran is offline Find More Posts by mawoziran
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:56 AM
Joined May 2011
27 Posts
hello guys,

so I am working to get flaps working on my eurgle 9ch. radio, but I can't get them work how I want them..

I have a wild hawk, with 2 servo's for ailerons.

What I want is the gear switch for flaps, so when I hit the gear switch the ailerons go down to work as flaps.

I tried many things, and I can get it to work with the pit thrim, but not with the gear switch, can you guys please help?
thanks
beetledrift is offline Find More Posts by beetledrift
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:33 AM
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
In the manual of the Turnigy 9x the Throttle Delay function is mentioned, but I don't get smart out of their instructions their and the mentioned website doesn't exist anymore.
Can anyone of you guys help me how to set it up to make a slow servo control (Retracting Gears, bomb bays etc...)?
McHannemann is offline Find More Posts by McHannemann
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:40 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Mix flaps to elevator on FS 9Ch

I have a simple problem that I am incapable of solving:

My setup on stock FW:
Ch1 = Ailerons
Ch2 = Elevator
Ch3 = ESC
Ch4 = Rudder
Ch 5 = Gyro = Hov Pit
Ch 6 = Flaps = Gear switch

I like the flaps on the gear switch because it is quick but I get strong ballooning when flipped down.
Therefore I would like to mix some % down elevator to take effect when flipping the Flap(gear) switch.
I tried:
Master: Flaps
Slave: Elev
Offsett: 00
Uprate: 000
Dnrate: 100
SW: ON
Doesn’t work.
Can somebody help?
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:16 PM
France
Joined May 2006
657 Posts
Put the desired elev. offset , and SW:gear.
vulpina is offline Find More Posts by vulpina
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:18 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina View Post
Put the desired elev. offset , and SW:gear.
There is no SW: Gear in the stock FW
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:05 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,728 Posts
Not trying to be a smart but kick loose with 40 bucks and install a program board and er9x. The firmware change turns a $60 cheap radio into one that is awesome and getting more so on a daily basis.

I didn't buy the 9x for me to use - but for cheap buddy box setup. Well the firmware has the trainer button screwy, so I opted to get a smartieparts pogram board so I could fix that with er9x. Within a week of using er9x I could see the handwriting on the wall - this cheap transmitter was rich with features and very logical. I changed my mind from getting myself a Futaba 8fg super to getting another er9x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galand View Post
I have a simple problem that I am incapable of solving:

My setup on stock FW:
Ch1 = Ailerons
Ch2 = Elevator
Ch3 = ESC
Ch4 = Rudder
Ch 5 = Gyro = Hov Pit
Ch 6 = Flaps = Gear switch

I like the flaps on the gear switch because it is quick but I get strong ballooning when flipped down.
Therefore I would like to mix some % down elevator to take effect when flipping the Flap(gear) switch.
I tried:
Master: Flaps
Slave: Elev
Offsett: 00
Uprate: 000
Dnrate: 100
SW: ON
Doesn’t work.
Can somebody help?
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:37 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
8. 3 pin battery socket has positive on center pin and both sides are grounded. Very dangerous design. One unused end should have been left open. Best to cut this wire.

Be sure to use stock 3 pin plug, no other plug.

When I plugged 2 pin plug in wrong position, I burned 9X. Very costly mistake.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:53 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Not trying to be a smart but kick loose with 40 bucks and install a program board and er9x. The firmware change turns a $60 cheap radio into one that is awesome and getting more so on a daily basis.

I didn't buy the 9x for me to use - but for cheap buddy box setup. Well the firmware has the trainer button screwy, so I opted to get a smartieparts pogram board so I could fix that with er9x. Within a week of using er9x I could see the handwriting on the wall - this cheap transmitter was rich with features and very logical. I changed my mind from getting myself a Futaba 8fg super to getting another er9x.
Scott,
I have the Smartieboard but did not install it yet because I do not think an Er9X-modified and a non-er9x(stock) will buddybox. I solved the trainer switch idiosyncracy by resoldering one of the poles on the switch.
I will eventually modify both my Tx's to er9x but for the time being I was looking for a simple fix to counter the ballooning behavior with the stock FW.
Any idea on how to do that?