HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2010
1 Posts
Could someone help me with a few questions about the turnigy 9X?

I want to know what the powersupply voltage has to be to charge the batteries.

And also i'd like to know if i can power the receiver from the main board on my X600-D quadrocopter, and if not, wat is the nominal power for the receiver? And min and max? For example, could i use a 3.7 volt lipo?

I have never used a remote like this so any help is welcome!
mano1979 is offline Find More Posts by mano1979
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2010, 12:40 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,003 Posts
Call me stupid ... but Range Test ?

I read all the mixing and flaps / spoilers etc. But cannot find any answer to : How do you range test the FlySky / Eurgle / Turnigy Tx / Rx ... the bind button at back of Tx says Range Test, but how ??
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:34 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
691 Posts
Hi all,
anyone a Link to German Manual ??
Thanks Mike
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Oct 05, 2010, 12:43 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,214 Posts
Here is my Turnigy 9X, mods consist of Headtracker, and EL backlight,

Let me know if you have questions.

For headtracker thread check http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1244359
And for complete photos of the mods http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=276024

bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2010, 08:44 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,572 Posts
My charger didn't work well with the 9x, so I bypassed the diod that connects to the charging plug.. I also had to invert the conecctions on the charging plug. I guess that there is no problem on bypassing the diod....??
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:27 AM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
I bought a coaxial power pigtail with a 5.5mm x 2.5mm end on it. Soldered a deans on and use my AC-6 charger. It works great and it catches the peak from the batteries and shuts down when they're charged. I didn't even have to find a work around for the diode.
radialarm is offline Find More Posts by radialarm
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:29 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,572 Posts
also i'm not using the stock battery connector. made a pack with 8 eneloop batteries and used jr servo connectors.. didn't trust the others..
don't use lipos because it's very cold here in winter and read that lipos don't like cold very much..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:20 AM
SteveO
Toronto
Joined Aug 2010
1 Posts
Hi guys I just bought the Turnigy TGY 9X V2 Tx and 9X8C V2 Rx a does anyone know if digital servos can be used with the Rx i can only get the digital servo to work when it's hooked up to a gyro other then that the only analog servos work!
I was also wondering where i can find schematics and step bye step directions and pictures of how to install the back light in this bad boy and there"s any thing else cool to do to her i love this remote it's sickkkkkk
Steve.A is offline Find More Posts by Steve.A
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:22 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.A View Post
Hi guys I just bought the Turnigy TGY 9X V2 Tx and 9X8C V2 Rx a does anyone know if digital servos can be used with the Rx i can only get the digital servo to work when it's hooked up to a gyro other then that the only analog servos work!
I was also wondering where i can find schematics and step bye step directions and pictures of how to install the back light in this bad boy and there"s any thing else cool to do to her i love this remote it's sickkkkkk
Check my blog here, i have pictures of the remote open, all you need is a 12v source and a switch

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=276024
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:37 AM
Joined Apr 2008
5 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.A View Post
this is the best option
http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=331

it is an addon board that allows you to mod tour 9x with out doing any soldering. it adds a backlight and the option to change the firmware to the custom that has been developed see this thread;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162

you can also simply get the back light;
http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=333
this does require soldering skills.
pbj64 is offline Find More Posts by pbj64
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
Great info. Have the Ver 2. Have noticed a delay in the responce of the throttle channel in mode 2 can anyone tell me how to get rid of the delay, is there a setting I need to change. All other commands and switches operate as they should.
Sparkydo is offline Find More Posts by Sparkydo
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:49 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkydo View Post
Great info. Have the Ver 2. Have noticed a delay in the responce of the throttle channel in mode 2 can anyone tell me how to get rid of the delay, is there a setting I need to change. All other commands and switches operate as they should.
Are you sure you don't have a soft start programmed into your ESC? Some ESCs allow a soft start option that slows the throttle up response from idle. Used mainly for helicopters to protect the drive train from a sudden WOT.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Dec 18, 2010, 01:13 AM
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
F-11 John I Have noticed this delay on both my radio and on several others that people use. Have been using a Towerpro 40 amp esc programed to normal start in a blazy bee clone using the 1600kv e-max motor, with HK 6 channel v2 receiver. On the ground it appears to ramp up fine, but during flight when throttle reduced can still hear the motor under power, seems as if there is a second or 2 delay and when attempting to power up have had several stalls due to insufficent power and when it did ramp up several times have almost and have flown into ground at full throttle (2X). Distance does not seem to matter as it happens when overhead or out aways. We all use the throttle hold switch, and to get full hold is set at minus 30. Over all I am statisfied with the transmitter, but if I crash to many more times due to this issue it will be come a sinker.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 01:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
F-111 sorry about (F-11) I have hen peck typing skills
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:42 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkydo View Post
On the ground it appears to ramp up fine, but during flight when throttle reduced can still hear the motor under power, seems as if there is a second or 2 delay and when attempting to power up have had several stalls due to insufficent power and when it did ramp up several times have almost and have flown into ground at full throttle (2X).
Odd that you cannot reproduce the problem on the ground, which I would think eliminates a problem in the transmitter. The transmitter doesn't know if the plane is flying or if the plane is on the ground.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John