CH-6 PIT TRIM

FLAPERON:

STATE: ACT
AIL 1: 100 100
AIL 2: -100 -100
FLP1: -060
FLP2: -060

And voilá, you have flaperons working.

Due to my servo position, I have the AIL servo reversed, and FLP servo normal.

Got your AIRBRAKE working, but same as you, switch is OFF/ON/OFF;

Still what I wanted was to find a way to have 0-1/2-full flaps on the 3 pos switch. I believe there is a way to "build" a mix that does so, but I'm still being beaten up by the slaves/masters settings.

It seems I have to assign that mix to a master switch, but I still couldn't figure that out.

For those of you who have used that radio for sims, how do you set the switches?
Amazon is offline Find More Posts by Amazon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:37 AM
Joined Jan 2006
8 Posts
I have recieved my iMax 9C with verry little instruction.

How dose one bind the iMax reciever?
Where dose the bind plug go?

I have no problems with my Fly Sky recievers, however, they seem to be a diferent reciever.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Miles...
modeller6701 is offline Find More Posts by modeller6701
Old Jan 04, 2010, 07:09 AM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,399 Posts
I seem to be the only person in the world that wants to do this but I haven't found a transmitter that can prevent wing stalling and aileron down overtravel in flaperon mode.
No solid answer in over 6 months but here's the situation :

Use 50% aileron down travel ATV for example.
Set 50% ailerons down for flaperon mode.
Now when using ailerons with flaperons down, the down aileron should not move and the up aileron should go up.

So far the flaperon mode on other radios seems to only put an offset to the aileron neutral position and can overtravel down, making a possible stall condition or a mechanical crunch.

Has or can someone test for this ?
These transmitters cost too much to buy and try.
Thanks.

Ch
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Jan 05, 2010, 04:52 AM
Joined Nov 2009
59 Posts
I'm not sure if I fully understood what you meant, but if I set the endpoints for both channels, they do not go any further down even with flaps, and I have the aileron stick moving, it just deflects the oposite aileron up, and other one stays still.
Amazon is offline Find More Posts by Amazon
Old Jan 05, 2010, 06:45 AM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,399 Posts
I had some confusion between ATV and EPA. End Point Adjustment by description should never allow any mix to cause travel past the EPA. ATV by description could have a theoretical endless travel and be limited either by it's setting or the EPA limit.

Thanks. That is a bug in my DX6 , not DX6i. Flaperons add an offset to the aileron neutral position and ignore the previous end point limit.
Maybe I should try this radio. I am cautious because of previous experiences with low price systems that are not simply introductory rates.
The DX6 has been completely reliable in other functions for almost 4 years now

What you described is what I need. I was saying that if I had set aileron ATV to 50% and set flaperons for 50% down travel, the aileron will now travel down another 50% to 100% from the flaperon down position. It shouldn't do that.

Ch
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Last edited by Chophop; Mar 12, 2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2010, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8 Posts
Chophop

Have a look at my setings for this transmitter using aileron diferential / Airbreak.
This transmitter gives you 20 to 30% up on sterable aileron or upper aileron when turning using flaps. I have just set up my Fantacy Angle glider & have made shore of this operation.

My problem with the Angle is there is NO aileron rudder mix on this transmitter & I think I will have to use two mixes to get an aileron / rudder mix as the plane is "V" tail.

So, yes I do think this transmitter will do what you are looking for.

Oh! P/S I have the ailerons set at 120% & didn't notice any change either, however, I noticed I did get a smigin of diference in the flaps, maby, it could only be imaginitis.

Amazon

I'm only just out of bed & us silly old farts need a cup of coffee or two before I answer your reply. Many thanks for doing so.

Miles...
modeller6701 is offline Find More Posts by modeller6701
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:06 AM
Panam
Joined Mar 2010
13 Posts
Switch error message is not a bug !

Because it's a FlySky/iMax/Turnigy/EURGLE 9X how-to thread, I think it could be useful (for all 9X' novice) to recall that "SWITCH ERROR !" message occurs when all switches are not in OFF position.

Il me semble utile de rappeler qu'en cas d'apparition du message "SWITCH ERROR !" au démarrage, il faut simplement mettre tous les interrupteurs dans leur position par défaut (donc vers le haut ou l'arrière de la radio).

--
Pierre
ppan is offline Find More Posts by ppan
Old Apr 06, 2010, 11:44 AM
Joined Nov 2007
168 Posts
I received the Eurgle 9CH radio from R2hobbies.com 4 weeks ago and have found that the right horizontal trim tab can get stuck. The black indicator on LED display requires press and hold to move left or right and when it reach centre it set off a long continous beep!

The other trim tabs are working normally with indicator moving 1 step per click and emits a short beep at center position.

Is this normal?

RaWe
RaWe is offline Find More Posts by RaWe
Old Apr 16, 2010, 07:53 PM
Only flies cheap
Florida
Joined Jan 2007
169 Posts
Is there a way to assign channel 4 to a switch or dial instead of the usual side-to-side movement of the left stick?
sv650touring is offline Find More Posts by sv650touring
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
119 Posts
Fail safe works fine with the Fly Dream Modules and receivers with the Turnigy. I've have set them once and never have to worry about them again. It's function of the receiver memory I believe.
Chomamma is offline Find More Posts by Chomamma
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:40 AM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Sep 2008
81 Posts
Stick set

I am using a Spektrum airmodule with the Turnigy 9x trying to control the AR6400 receiver. Everything seems to work fine except that the default stick->channel mapping is totally wrong for the AR6400.

Is there any way to specify which channel corresponds to which stick?

You can see in the STICK SET (see attached images) that the mapping for mode2 is:

Ch1: Ailerons
Ch2: Elevator
Ch3: Throttle
Ch4: Rudder

But the AR6400 has:

Ch1: Throttle
Ch2: Aileron
Ch3: Elevator
Ch4: Rudder

In the DISPLAY screen I can see that things look right and if I bind, in fact the channels are mapped as claimed in the STICK SET screen.

Obviously this isn't going to work for me. What gives? How can I change the channel mapping on the Tx? I didn't see any such option on the Rx either.

Thanks in advance for any help.
eagsalazar is offline Find More Posts by eagsalazar
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:46 AM
Joined Sep 2009
2 Posts
I got the Eurgle 2.4 GHZ today, will test and see
Mido0 is offline Find More Posts by Mido0
Last edited by Mido0; Apr 29, 2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:52 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagsalazar View Post
I am using a Spektrum airmodule with the Turnigy 9x trying to control the AR6400 receiver. Everything seems to work fine except that the default stick->channel mapping is totally wrong for the AR6400.

Obviously this isn't going to work for me. What gives? How can I change the channel mapping on the Tx? I didn't see any such option on the Rx either.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Others have had the same problem using Spektrum modules with bind-and-fly aircraft. Using regular Spektrum receivers, it's no big deal as you simply plug in your servos and ESC into the appropriate plugs, but the bind-and-fly module have the servos and ESC hard wired to the receiver section.

The four stick modes, as you have discovered, only move around which stick controls each function but doesn't change which channel each function occupies.

Unfortunately, you are out of luck with the 9X unless the couple of software projects on this thread come up with a way of remapping which channel each function is assigned to.

I suggest you pick up a cheap DX-5E for your bind-and-flys. They come with RTF Radians, I believe, so you should be able to find used ones on the Radio for sale/wanted forum if you're patient.
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:04 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,426 Posts
Quote:
Is there any way to specify which channel corresponds to which stick?
Different manufacturers assign functions to different channels from each other. They have little to no interest in being compatible with each other. If they are compatible it is a lucky coincidence. Uisng the Spektrum TX with the Bind N'Fly planes works because they are all the same system. But using a different brand causes problems when the channels do not match up. If you had a regular RX, you could simply plug the servos into whichever channel works for that function. But with the integrated servo RX blocks you have a problem. Sorry.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:08 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,998 Posts
The Turnigy 9X (and clones) is a bit odd in that it takes JR-type modules but has Futaba/Hitec channel sequence.

As pointed out, there's not much you can do about this except hope the software projects work out and address this issue. However, it's not likely to be much of a priority, as it's really only a problem for integrated receiver/servo units, such as the AR6400.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66