Closed Thread
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:27 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,231 Posts
Discussion
Davis County Hobbycity Order Thread

Aaron and I were talking the other day about starting up a Hobbycity order thread specific for us Davis County guys. So here it is.

If you're placing an order, post here and others can post with what items (and what quantity) they would like added to the order, with links to make the ordering easier (and to avoid mistakes in ordering).

For splitting up shipping, I propose a couple shorthand phrases that we could use to improve communication and avoid misunderstandings.

1. "I have an extra x ounces in my cart" = anyone is welcome to add small stuff for free shipping, provided it doesn't bump the shipping cost up to the next level.

2. "Anyone want to add anything and split shipping?" = anyone is welcome to add stuff, even if it bumps up the shipping rate, and everyone will split the shipping in proportion to the relative weight of their stuff. Make sure you specify what mode of shipping you'll be choosing (slow boat or EMS).

3. "I'm ordering EMS. Anyone want to add anything and pay slow boat shipping?" = (for orders placed via EMS) anyone is welcome to add stuff, even if it bumps up the shipping rate, and anyone adding stuff will pay the slow boat rate. As JonL said on the other Hobbycity ordering thread, this means the person placing the order may pocket a couple extra bucks, but that's fair considering the guy placing the order is incurring all the risk by fronting the money and the other guys get their stuff quicker and only have to pay slow boat rate.

If anyone has any other ideas on fair ways to split shipping, or how we can avoid misunderstandings, please chime in. If there's any doubt on your order, post here or call the other person to clarify before ordering. Or if you don't want to wait for clarification, just place the order without the other person's stuff.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:54 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
I just placed an order today. Actually im waiting on an assan receiver to get in stock so Im sure we can change the order before it ships.

Anyone want to add stuff and split shipping? It may be a while before it ships.
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Closed Thread