SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:56 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
Discussion
i'm a 1st time buyer and Banana Hobby should be shut down

I ordered a EDF jet from this co. about a month ago. 3 weeks into the order and not having a product I called them and waited on hold for a ridiculous amount of time to find out that they wanted a copy of my dl and credit card. I canceled the order out of frustration of not being notified at the time of the purchase that they needed this in advance which would have been no problem seeing how i also own a small business and we are very leery when it comes to cc fraud and receiving charge backs. at this time i was told that i was not billed. a week later i get my statement and they indeed did bill me $197.00 ..after another 40 minute wait time on their horrible phone system i was told they were refunding my card a that moment. so we'll see this next statement if it has been done....all companies make mistakes from time to time so I figured what the heck..

ok so now to the second part...

So with the long Thanksgiving weekend we had coming up last weekend I decided to order my first EDF plane again to keep myself occupied and entertained while I had family in town. And of course I give my business to Banana Hobby. Big mistake on my part. I ordered my f-18c on Monday Nov 23 and was told that it would ship in 1-3 business days ( usually the second is what I was told ). On Wednesday the 25th I did their horrible online chat with Victoria asking the status of my order and was told that it would not be shipped out until Monday the 30th. due to the holiday weekend and them not being open that Friday or Saturday. I relentlessly said ok. On Monday the 30th I again engaged with a Victoria on their crappy online chat ( that i had to wait 15 minutes for in order for it to connect ) and was told that my order was being shipped out that day and I would be e-mailed a tracking # that day. at 5:16pm Nov 30th I was sent a tracking # I guess from BH.

Tuesday Dec 1st. No package from ups. I tracked my package and then called ups and they stated they only have billing information and never picked up a package from BHand that it was they would assume still there at Banana Hobby warehouse. So I called and waited on hold for 45 minutes as well as started a chat with their online thing ( horrible again ) and spoke to the same girl " Victoria " who stated that the package would ship today and if I had a problem with it then they would cancel the order. Never a apology for the delay or a waiver in shipping. Basically I was told accept it or not. I informed her that I would be calling Banana Hobby and speaking with a manager lol..haha...

So my call to Banana Hobby is finally picked up after 40 minutes and the chat session with Victoria ends. Now I'm talking to a guy named Oscar who is the same guy I got a month ago when I yelled at them for charging my card and not delivering a product. This time I tell oscar that I wanted to speak to a manager. he puts me on hold..( for 10 minutes ) and returns and says " yes, this is Oscar can I help you? "
Me: Yeah, um..I was just talking to you, I was waiting for a supervisor to come on the line.
oscar: I'm a supervisor sir can I help you?
me: um...sir...just 10 minutes ago you left to find a manager and within that time you've been promoted to manager? I'm really getting frustrated with your company.
oscar: see sir I reviewed the notes and seen you called in before regarding the status of your order...

from there on it was a conversation of contradictions, lies, and excuses.
He said that my order was " packaged and ready to go yesterday and that the lady in the online chat had no clue what she was talking about and that it left yesterday and not today from what i was told by his co-worker. and keep in mind that ups even stated that they didn't have any package in their possession.

so bottom line is i have no idea where my package is..if it has even left yet..or really who to call to get any answers...

they say you learn something new everyday...and my lesson learned today is never EVER use this company again for anything. I wouldn't count on this company to empty my trash if they switched to that industry niche. check rip off report dot com for more horror stories and their bbb rating. it's an F.

great job Banana Hobby. you've managed to turn what it seems to be a great product and industry with great consumers into grumpy, resentful ones. you can bet you lost my dollar vote.
dane101 is offline Find More Posts by dane101
Last edited by dane101; Dec 01, 2009 at 04:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:18 PM
Germany
Joined May 2009
829 Posts
that really is a funny story, oscar lol, but i have to say it is very sad too

when i signed up here on rcgroups i had exactly the same situation, waiting 5 weeks and nothing arrived. i filled a dispute in paypal to cancle my order and that i want my money back. the next day the status on usps tracking page changed magically that the package is really on the way and 5 days later it finally arrived!

my f18 is flown ~100 times till now and it still flys without problems.

i wish bh would really change something, because i was really 100% satisfied with the jet i got, but the shipping and customer support is.. you know..

i dont understand these shipping delays and why you as a customer have to call/email etc to get the things to go.

i look weekly on their homepage to check what is new, but i also check this forum and seeing pete not active for weeks and all the people with the problems... my next order.. no idea when that will be. monitoring the forum to see if anything changes!

good luck!
GaryX1001 is offline Find More Posts by GaryX1001
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:00 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
5 weeks? that's insane. and yeah I just disputed it with Paypal. Hopefully my f-18 fly's as well and many times as yours does. And the funny thing is I don't have a problem with shipping time as long as it ships when they tell me it is but all this extra stuff I could do without. Oh that and the hold times supposedly due to a high volume of calls, yeah definitely could live without that. Maybe I'm just a picky consumer but after all the research I've done and negative things being said I have a reason to be.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:39 PM
Germany
Joined May 2009
829 Posts
i knew it will take some time to arrive, i already ordered some goods from amazon.us but i didnt think that it would be such a torture and 5x longer for shipping

in the end i was happy, thats what counts!

i know what you mean, my last jet i ordered was send out the next day from hong kong and arrived 2.5 weeks later in top quality! they answered each email i wrote and much more. CUSTOMER support! they know i will order again if i was happy.

if you are interested to see my BH f-18, check out youtube/GaryX1001, lots of f-18 stuff uploaded
GaryX1001 is offline Find More Posts by GaryX1001
Old Dec 01, 2009, 06:31 PM
B-2 | F/A 18 | A-10
Joined Nov 2009
52 Posts
dane,

maybe you shouldn't be aggressive? don't get me wrong, i feel your pain. my situation has been delightfully better up to this point though.
IAFFburnITup! is offline Find More Posts by IAFFburnITup!
Old Dec 01, 2009, 06:59 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFFburnITup! View Post
dane,

maybe you shouldn't be aggressive? don't get me wrong, i feel your pain. my situation has been delightfully better up to this point though.
why? so i can wait around for two weeks waiting for these people to ship my product when it's convenient for them to get around to it? no thanks. and i didn't say hey ship my product in 1-3 business days..they said it not me..i own a small business and what i advertise to my clients...they get..it's called customer service.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:47 PM
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
BH does NOT = Good Customer Service.....the two go together like water and waste (all the shlt..I mean BH, settles to the bottom).
HiTimeRCer is offline Find More Posts by HiTimeRCer
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:17 PM
Dan Green
Joined Oct 2009
344 Posts
yes your right they should be shut down by the California government. Crooks
dgbuggy is offline Find More Posts by dgbuggy
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:18 PM
Dan Green
Joined Oct 2009
344 Posts
Quote:
dane,

Lets just remember what part your at. wait until you take it to the field.
Old Dec 02, 2009, 12:06 AM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,369 Posts
Quote:
dane,

Now, don't get me on a witch hunt here if there isn't one, but does anyone notice a lot of the good critique is coming from people on less than a month, even a week?

IAFF, i would watch carefully. Pete is bad on chats, i can't even get the box to open up. I haven't even tried calling customer service, but from what i heard, i have not wanted to try. When i ordered my PBY, shipping was 33 bucks (on a $99 model!). I was talking to pete for 1 week straight to get a good receiver sent out, and this was through rcg, back in january, when he was doing a somewhat respectable job. Now, it doesn't look good.
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Dec 02, 2009, 12:30 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbuggy View Post
Lets just remember what part your at. wait until you take it to the field.
meaning it's going to be a good experience or a bad one?

I have disputed the payment I have made to Banana Hobby with my credit card company and Paypal for non delivery of an item purchased. Today is now Wednesday December 3rd and the tracking # provided to me by BH and the information I have received from UPS investigation dept. is showing me that the package never left. That there was a label generated but nothing was actually scanned into ups. Now their online chat is saying it's still in the warehouse due to leave today..lol...over it...anyone know of any good companies i can order a EDF F-18c ready to fly from??? looking to buy right now...BH is a s*** co. with s*** people who work for them. I have a toy they can play with f****** punks.
Old Dec 02, 2009, 05:12 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,369 Posts
It'll be a bad one. I've heard a lot of tales, like esc's failing, edf's shattering, and 3 months waiting for responses. it's bad.
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Dec 02, 2009, 06:08 PM
Dan Green
Joined Oct 2009
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane101 View Post
meaning it's going to be a good experience or a bad one?

I have disputed the payment I have made to Banana Hobby with my credit card company and Paypal for non delivery of an item purchased. Today is now Wednesday December 3rd and the tracking # provided to me by BH and the information I have received from UPS investigation dept. is showing me that the package never left. That there was a label generated but nothing was actually scanned into ups. Now their online chat is saying it's still in the warehouse due to leave today..lol...over it...anyone know of any good companies i can order a EDF F-18c ready to fly from??? looking to buy right now...BH is a s*** co. with s*** people who work for them. I have a toy they can play with f****** punks.
meaning a bad experience at the field.
Old Dec 02, 2009, 08:27 PM
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Joined Dec 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbuggy View Post
meaning a bad experience at the field.

great.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 11:12 AM
Solve et cuagula
Joined Oct 2009
176 Posts
Dane101 I ordered a plane from BH on black friday and got it in 4 days... I imagine your situation happens to a few people in the lot... bad luck... But your noise to signal ratio is too high... bzzzzzzzzzzzz
Omhra is offline Find More Posts by Omhra