SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:07 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Discussion
Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum?

I'm sorry but this has been getting silly lately. This section is in the airplane thread, not the heli one. SO WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DAMN HELI THREADS!!! They all need to get deleted or moved. Whats your opinion on this matter? More to the point, any idea's on why quite a few are ending up here?
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Last edited by Bowerz; Dec 01, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:12 PM
Joined Nov 2008
13 Posts
sorry, I did a search function for heli ended up here then posted here because I thought I was in the right place. Forget to check the folders at the top.
bouncergriim is offline Find More Posts by bouncergriim
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:15 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
It's not just you don't worry, i was just trying to work out why they are so many? IMHO mods arn't doing their job properly and keeping the forums trimmed.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,393 Posts
Please report threads that need to be moved.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:44 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
I'm just trying to find out why there are so many ending up here. Obiously the reporting protocol is helpfull, but that doesn't prevent the issue, it just fixes that one case.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:11 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
I Operate all types of rc vehicles from Micro to large scale
Rtf to scratch built
helis planes cars all rc is a blast to me
Theres no other RTF sub forum so this is were we all go with them
whether they be plane or heli or the rc flying vehicle that is neither
It has worked for so long why change it
I would hate to see the many posts that are RTF but not plane related moved or deleted as Bowers seems to think we should
There are some many threads in this sub forum if you you search from the beginning and there are many that wouldnt fit his Plane only criteria
So much good info will be lost or much harder to find
Just my 2 cents worth
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:25 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Hank, i can see where you're coming from, but then the forum needs to be moved. It is still under the airplane section. This is what i was triyng to get out of the thread, why people post in there so much with things other than Airplanes. It really just doesn't seem right to me.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:34 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
I see your point of view
it would make searching for certain items easier if there was only one type of aircraft to worry about
I suggest moving them to a RTF helicoper section
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:41 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Hence my reason for saying Mod's/Admins arn't doing their jobs properly. If there seems to be a re-occuring issue, there has to be something somewhere causing it that needs to be sorted, in this case no other similar forum anywhere else. I know it's hard to keep everyone happy but i thought this would have been relatively high priority as this mistake is being made daily.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Hence my reason for saying Mod's/Admins arn't doing their jobs properly. If there seems to be a re-occuring issue, there has to be something somewhere causing it that needs to be sorted, in this case no other similar forum anywhere else. I know it's hard to keep everyone happy but i thought this would have been relatively high priority as this mistake is being made daily.
Hi Bowerz,

It would be a major task to incorporate software that would search through a user's post to see if it contained any reference to Micro heli, and then to move the thread out of the micro plane's forum it was erroneously posted to.

That's where we, as users, have to alert the mods to a wrongly placed thread. It only takes a second...

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:56 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
There's no need for software, just for the mods of each of the forums to took at the titles and see if they're relevent. It's easier than looking for contravertial offensive language which i have just been stung for. I know we have to report posts, which i have been doing but to no avail.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
There's no need for software, just for the mods of each of the forums to took at the titles and see if they're relevent. It's easier than looking for contravertial offensive language which i have just been stung for. I know we have to report posts, which i have been doing but to no avail.
How many times a day should they look through the titles, and is the Micro Planes forum the only place this is a problem? And should they then have to look through all the forums where this is a problem? You can see that as RC Groups continues to grow, there is an ever increasing number of things that people might find that are out of place.

Then again, if the title of the thread is the giveaway, maybe the best option would be to simply ignore those threads that contain references to helis?

There are lots and lots of threads I don't bother to even read because of the inane way some users have of asking questions. Titling threads with "?????" as a cute means of getting people to help them with a problem is a sure fire way to cause many helpful people to simply bypass the thread entirely.

Try it, see if it's better than letting the title upset you. This is supposed to be a fun hobby...

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:18 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
I know man, i just had this chat with Hank via PM, and he agree'd, there is another thread needed in the heli section for this. As much as there isn't a RTF forums for heli's, that still doesn't mean it should be posted in the airplane section. They are far more suited to the begginers training forum in the heli section.

I always try too keep it fun as possible, but it's not much use to anyone when threads are posted in the wrong sections.

Liam
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:37 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,380 Posts
Micros in the minis! Minis in the micros! Multirotors in both of them! Chocolate in my peanut butter! Cheese in my macaroni! Where will it end?

But really, there's only so much organization it's readily plausible to enforce on 100,000 people. Yeah, I don't know why helis are under planes either. Or why the thread for the exact same micro heli gets much more traffic in the plane forum than the heli forum. It just does.

I figured complaining about it would just be another layer of confusion. Surely there are more pressing matters for admin to look after.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:44 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,322 Posts
Quote:
That would be just peachy IF there were mods for each individual forum. There isn't and hasn't been since mid-2005.

If you feel that strongly, go to the New Forum Requests forum and follow the instructions. The way you are trying to go about it will not work.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood