Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:56 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
Question
Proto CX Micro Electric RTF 4-Channel Helicopter by Revell

Anyone have any information on this helicopter? http://www.revell.com/radio-control/rmxe6059.html

Some specs as follows:
  • Totally assembled and totally equipped.
  • Coaxial design produces super-smooth flight.
  • The 2.4GHz transmitter features an LCD display and a built-in charger.
  • Dual rates give pilots the option of a power boost.
  • LiPo battery.
  • Four "AA" radio batteries.
  • Spare set of rotor blades, plus screwdriver.
SPECIFICATIONS
Stock Number: RMXE6059
Rotor Diameter: 7.4 in (188 mm)
Overall Length: 8.4 in (213 mm)
Weight: 0.95 oz (27 g)
Includes: 4-channel radio, two motors and 3.7V LiPo battery

Instruction manual

Some suppliers mention a Heading hold gyro, but Revell doesn't.

This supplier is showing they have complete spare parts support, however, the parts and helicopter are not yet available. Also, they are showing a decent price of $60 instead of the $80 - $90 some others are.

Tower Hobbies are showing some parts, too, but I can't find the helicopter.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:57 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,483 Posts
Raliegh,
That is a rebranded Nine Eagle Solo/free spirit. Very good copters also available at www.clubheli.com with spare parts.
Steve
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:24 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Raliegh,
That is a rebranded Nine Eagle Solo/free spirit. Very good copters also available at www.clubheli.com with spare parts.
Steve
Hello Bill
I agree with Steve
Heres some info on the Nine Eagles Solo/Free Spirit
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1040741
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Feb 02, 2010, 07:55 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,031 Posts
Revell Micro cx

Just bought a new Revell this past weekend, and have had a ball with it. First flight was a success. Now have my wife flying it. She did excellent on her first flight. I have both the Revell battery and the Nine Eagle, and do not see a lot of difference in them. As for the landing gear skids, I have broken and glued one. We used to boil Nylon propellers to make them more flexible, just wonder if that would help the skids. Love this site, getting a lot of good info. Just ordered a Solo today, and am anxious to get it in the air. More news to follow.
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Feb 02, 2010, 08:25 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
The difference between the Proto and Nine Eagles batteries is that the Proto batteries have a LVC built into them where the Nine Eagles batteries do not.

One thing you will notice with the Proto battery is that when the LVC cuts in the heli will fall from the sky. I don't like the Proto battery and have modified my Proto so it takes the Eflite-type battery (the one with the nub on the end). When that battery runs down the heli will start to loose power and you can make a soft landing.

If you have the Nine Eagles battery you may want to post here what happens to the Proto when that battery gets low.

Bill
Old Feb 03, 2010, 08:53 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh View Post
The difference between the Proto and Nine Eagles batteries is that the Proto batteries have a LVC built into them where the Nine Eagles batteries do not.

One thing you will notice with the Proto battery is that when the LVC cuts in the heli will fall from the sky. I don't like the Proto battery and have modified my Proto so it takes the Eflite-type battery (the one with the nub on the end). When that battery runs down the heli will start to loose power and you can make a soft landing.

If you have the Nine Eagles battery you may want to post here what happens to the Proto when that battery gets low.

Bill
Bill:

The Proto battery itself has a chip in it to cut out at a certain voltage. Solo batteries do not have that chip.

The only difference between the Solo and the proto are the colours, the name and the battery with a chip. Also the Solo is cheaper to buy except at the link you posted.

Since the Solo has more part suppliers on the net I prefer the Solo.

BP Hobbies carries the parts but the Solo costs $79.95 plus $25 shipping. However I get the parts there when I can because it is faster and the parts shipping cost is only $6.25

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=D2338618

Miracle Mart also carries the parts but the Solo is only $59.90 with $22 shipping. If BP Hobbies does not have the parts then I order from Miracle Mart. Parts shipping is around $4 to $5 but takes a few days more.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...9&filter_id=68

The parts between the Solo and the Proto are the same and one will fit the other. If you look at the Solo on the Miracle Mart site you will see they have a new and improved 5 in 1 for the year 2010. The servo motors are now bigger and mounted on the front instead of on the back, something worth considering versus the Proto.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 03, 2010, 10:15 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
If you are talking about the image of the Solo with the canopy off that's half way down the miracle-mart page, then that's exactly the same 5 in 1 that's on my Proto. The servo motors are on the front of the board.

Bill
Last edited by Sir Raleigh; Feb 03, 2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added Image
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:41 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
Bill:

A picture is worth a thousand words! Yes that is the one, Nine Eagles must have changed it for the Proto at the same time. Thanks for the heads up bud!

I was looking at your skids, I see a lot of build up/ repairs or whatever at the top of the landing skids. Is that re-inforcement or for the wiring? Also are those strings or wires on the bottom of the skids?

I have a question regarding the broken skids, where did yours break? I am asking every one who reads this thread so I can determine if there is a common week spot.

Mine broke beside the rear mounting pin.

As to my decision which I like best, Proto or Solo? I am in favor of the Solo myself for only one reason, I do not like the Proto battery causing the proto to suddenly fall out of the sky. Why did they ever put that chip in there?
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:00 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
Well I finaly made up my mind and ordered my second Nine Eagles Solo from Miracle Mart for $76.26 delivered. It should be here by the first or middle of next week.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 01:43 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Hi
My skids have broken on the front support right before the upper bend
And also the main bar between the front and back of the skids
These have to be the worst skids for any heli ive have ever seen
I wonder if the new solo pros would fit as there supposed to be new and improved
Take care
Hank
Old Feb 04, 2010, 02:27 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
Hank:

I have a feeling they will. I ordered a couple of Bravo skids myself. According to sleb they have the same spacing for the mounting pins. The ones on your picture look heavier too, maybe Nine Eagles is getting the hint and will put out some heavier ones for the Solo series too.

Durk
Old Feb 04, 2010, 02:56 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Bill:

A picture is worth a thousand words! Yes that is the one, Nine Eagles must have changed it for the Proto at the same time. Thanks for the heads up bud!
You're welcome. I just wanted to make sure mine was the most recent version. Someone who works for Revell said it was.

Quote:
I was looking at your skids, I see a lot of build up/ repairs or whatever at the top of the landing skids. Is that re-inforcement or for the wiring?
It's repair and reinforcement of a break.

Quote:
Also are those strings or wires on the bottom of the skids?
The strings are to help prevent the skids from spreading apart during a hard landing. I suspect that's what broke the skids the first time. The second time one skid clipped the edge of a table I was trying to land on and broke it in another place. The string didn't help much then.

Quote:
I have a question regarding the broken skids, where did yours break? I am asking every one who reads this thread so I can determine if there is a common week spot.

Mine broke beside the rear mounting pin.
The first time mine broke right beside both the front and rear mounting pin. The second time (when it clipped the edge of the table) it broke the skid right between the two legs and broke the front leg, so the first half of that skid fell off.
All breaks have been repaired, but I'm just holding my breath until it happens again because these little helis get sucked into furniture and against the wall quite easily.

Quote:
As to my decision which I like best, Proto or Solo? I am in favor of the Solo myself for only one reason, I do not like the Proto battery causing the proto to suddenly fall out of the sky. Why did they ever put that chip in there?
You can also look at it this way:
Buy the Proto for $60 and that would leave you $20 to buy a few Solo batteries, or a whole lot of Excell, 135mAh, 20C Eflite-style batteries at $1.60 each.

Bill
Old Feb 04, 2010, 03:12 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh View Post
You can also look at it this way:
Buy the Proto for $60 and that would leave you $20 to buy a few Solo batteries, or a whole lot of Excell, 135mAh, 20C Eflite-style batteries at $1.60 each.

Bill
Bill:

I just bought the latest Solo for $55.90 and 20.36 for shipping from Miracle Mart this morning. This will be my second one.

The lowest shipping from the USA was $25 from BP Hobbies but they wanted $80 for the Proto. On top of that I have to pay duty and customs from the USA.

With BP Hobbies I only had to pay customs and duty once on a parts shipment. Every other order from the USA has been slow and I had to pay customs. I do not know how BP Hobbies does it.

I have NEVER paid cutoms or duty from Hong Kong. Also Miracle Mart is fast, most orders take from 4 to 10 days tops.

Thanks for your answres Bill. By the way, I ordered 2 of the Bravo skids from Club Heli after sleb told me the pins have the same spacing as the Solo skids.

There are new heavier looking skids out there for the Solo Pro which I may try also.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 03:15 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin View Post
Hi
My skids have broken on the front support right before the upper bend
And also the main bar between the front and back of the skids
These have to be the worst skids for any heli ive have ever seen
I wonder if the new solo pros would fit as there supposed to be new and improved
Take care
Hank
Hank:

Do you have a link to that picture and /or site?

Something to think about those skids, are you aware that the batteries for the Solo Pro are inserted from the front and not from the rear? Scroll down on this link and see.

http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...e_p_2240.html#

Durk
Last edited by frieslander; Feb 04, 2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: More Info
Old Feb 04, 2010, 03:37 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Hank:

Do you have a link to that picture and /or site?

Something to think about those skids, are you aware that the batteries for the Solo Pro are inserted from the front and not from the rear? Scroll down on this link and see.

http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...e_p_2240.html#

Durk
Hi Durk
Its from miracle mart
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3939
I was aware of the battery setup being different between the solo and the solo pro
http://www.heliking.com/shop/product...ducts_id=13302
Take care
Hank