HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:11 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Hi Bing, i recognise some of those pics from one of the Australian RC Plane magazines!!!!
I remember seeing the plane racks with that Honda plane on it. The Honda looks sexy!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:19 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
T40 has arrived today (bloody quick delivery, ordered saturday afternoon) along with the VOX prop. Very powerful... Not happy about the shaft being so short though. I have some servo issues to work out. I recently put MG's in my 65 and now its not working properly. Seems extremely low on torque and speed. Will replace that with a Hyperion DS09 AMD if I can't fix it. Once thats set Ill take a reading on power and if all looks well, go for a first flight with the T40. I have high expectations with this setup.
maiden-crash is online now Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:35 AM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
MC they are a nice looking setup the AMR.

Been playing alot on the sim lately, practicing using BoneDoc's 3D Clinic Thread and Videos

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904349

Wanna get out and start practicing for real.

Stupid Wind
grizzlymatt is offline Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:09 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
Hey Matt, do you fly mode two? The wind has been just as bad down here. Been terrible today, but since I met up with a flying buddy (and buddy in general) it would have to have been raining daggers to stop us
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:34 AM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Mode 1 so the videos are a bit confusing when you watch the TX movements
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:35 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash View Post
T40 has arrived today (bloody quick delivery, ordered saturday afternoon) along with the VOX prop. Very powerful... Not happy about the shaft being so short though. I have some servo issues to work out. I recently put MG's in my 65 and now its not working properly. Seems extremely low on torque and speed. Will replace that with a Hyperion DS09 AMD if I can't fix it. Once thats set Ill take a reading on power and if all looks well, go for a first flight with the T40. I have high expectations with this setup.
Did I miss something? What plane is this setup going in?
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:48 AM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Iam assuming a PA AMR
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:46 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
Thats right, for my PA Ultimate (sorry I missed sharing that part of it .)
Old Dec 01, 2009, 04:58 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUd~FokkerU2 View Post
Hi Bing, i recognise some of those pics from one of the Australian RC Plane magazines!!!!
I remember seeing the plane racks with that Honda plane on it. The Honda looks sexy!

There from my Park Pilot column I write for Airborne Mag. Yeah, Its a really cool way to store planes. Gotta build a few more lol
Stay tuned for the Honda Jet review !
OzparkPilot is online now Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:28 PM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
I haven't given the AMR a rant yet, but I gotta admit it's pretty special and has exceeded my expectations

I wasn't exactly over the moon about the PA260 and
I guess I was maybe kinda expecting a similar experience with the AMR as it is a model of the same stock and would have similar traits.

But its 100x better than the 260 IMO. I cant believe how well I am flying it after only a few flights.

So if you weren't a fan of the 260, dont overlook the AMR- It's a new beast.
And if you liked the Extra, then you'll love the Ultimate!

MC - Cant wait to see what yothink of it with the 14x7
clintski is offline Find More Posts by clintski
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:42 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
Its dead calm but way too hot right now to fly, altho all issues are fixed and I ran the motor up to WOT. It pulls very hard- 450 watts once the batteries past that initial kick. The 14x7 looks really cool up the front of the motor. With any luck Clintski I should take her up tonight, will come back with a full report. BTW, your rants about it are really taking effect in my eagerness to get her flying again- good job
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:46 PM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
That's enough PA talk, my 40" 3dhs Edge is in the mail. Can't wait to get this one in the air.
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:52 PM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Nice work mate
I get some pictures of mine up after work.
What colour did you go with. Did you get the vinyls as well.
They are a nice little plane. So easy to build
I send you the link to the 3DHS build videos done by IPSMotors , i just watch them and do the build , it so easy and quick.

I normally have them built in a week , spending an hr or so after work each night. The most time consuming thing is installing the radio gear.

Matt
Old Dec 01, 2009, 08:01 PM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash View Post
Its dead calm but way too hot right now to fly, altho all issues are fixed and I ran the motor up to WOT. It pulls very hard- 450 watts once the batteries past that initial kick. The 14x7 looks really cool up the front of the motor. With any luck Clintski I should take her up tonight, will come back with a full report. BTW, your rants about it are really taking effect in my eagerness to get her flying again- good job
I might be having some cooling issues with my ESC.
At times the power drops down for a few seconds before coming back to 100%. Has happened about half a dozen times.
Since I've been flying all the slow stuff I dont think I am giving the ESC a chance to cool, and looking at the install it's not getting much airflow.

I almost came to grief last flight as power dropped while I was inverted in a harrier roll very low to the ground. I crash landed but just got wings level in time - no damage.

Will be running temp probes on ESC with eagle tree logger and do some similar flying but a fair bit higher to see if I can replicate the fauilt.
I'm pretty confident the problem is actually the speedy doing its job to limit power to stop it burning up - It doesn't cut the power completely.
clintski is offline Find More Posts by clintski
Old Dec 01, 2009, 08:13 PM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymatt View Post
Nice work mate
I get some pictures of mine up after work.
What colour did you go with. Did you get the vinyls as well.
They are a nice little plane. So easy to build
I send you the link to the 3DHS build videos done by IPSMotors , i just watch them and do the build , it so easy and quick.

I normally have them built in a week , spending an hr or so after work each night. The most time consuming thing is installing the radio gear.

Matt
Thanks Matt,

I ended up going with the Red one but it was a tough decision. Do the kits come with any vinyls at all? I didn't buy any of the ADC Vinyls, they were a little on the expensive side and I quite like the natural colour scheme of the aircraft. If it comes with a couple of standard 3DHS stickers I'll be able to make it look sharp.

I actually found a series of build log videos on the 3dhs web page for the plane, I've watched them all twice now and everything looks very simple (even the cowl and wheel pants which I often find the hardest). I'm thinking i'll use 1350mah 3S Rhino packs to keep her light, unfortunately the next step up I have are 2200s which could be getting a little heavy.

I'll look forward to seeing some happy snaps of your bird
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86