HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by pugstrip, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 08:46 PM
n.e.michigan
Joined Aug 2006
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
Sold
atwood triumph c/l engine and cox 15 case

only markings on the c/l engine are s/n in the case back..missing case bolts and needle valve
15 case is in excellent shape with both bearings
make offer
pm me
pugstrip is offline Find More Posts by pugstrip
Last edited by pugstrip; Nov 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: 11
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2009, 08:53 PM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
265 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Would you take $20 for the Old engine without the case bolts?
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:15 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Madewell .49

I hate to say this but that engine is a Madewell .49 if I am correct. Pretty decent engine and case is for a Conquest .15. Needle valve and some 440 bolts for engine will complete engine. Old Time UC flyers sometimes use this engine.
Dan
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:58 PM
Joined Jul 2008
265 Posts
Hi Dan
From the amount of castor goo on it, and the fact that it's been pulled apart means it's likely to have more problems than just simply the missing needle valve assembly and case screws.

I very much doubt that just by adding the needle valve and a set of case screws will transform it into a reliable runner!

While some folks will pull an engine down to see how they work, this engine clearly has seen some work and I'd say it is a risk to buy it as is.

It's an Atwood Triumph by the way, not a Madewell and as such it will be either the 49 or 51 not that there is any significant difference in performance between the 2 variations.
The Atwood 49/51's were one of the loudest engines of their day from the late 40's if you've got any serious intentions of running it!

I don't need the engine, and probably don't need another project, but I do like fixing broken things, especially model aero engines.
I will make my own rings, pistons, rods and shafts if needed. It's rarely worth all the time and effort, but it keeps me happy and off the streets
Cheers John
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:05 PM
n.e.michigan
Joined Aug 2006
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by raglafart View Post
Hi Dan
From the amount of castor goo on it, and the fact that it's been pulled apart means it's likely to have more problems than just simply the missing needle valve assembly and case screws.

I very much doubt that just by adding the needle valve and a set of case screws will transform it into a reliable runner!

While some folks will pull an engine down to see how they work, this engine clearly has seen some work and I'd say it is a risk to buy it as is.

It's an Atwood Triumph by the way, not a Madewell and as such it will be either the 49 or 51 not that there is any significant difference in performance between the 2 variations.
The Atwood 49/51's were one of the loudest engines of their day from the late 40's if you've got any serious intentions of running it!

I don't need the engine, and probably don't need another project, but I do like fixing broken things, especially model aero engines.
I will make my own rings, pistons, rods and shafts if needed. It's rarely worth all the time and effort, but it keeps me happy and off the streets
Cheers John
thanx for the info ..i dont plan on running it just selling it
pugstrip is offline Find More Posts by pugstrip
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:22 AM
Joined Jul 2008
265 Posts
Question is now, how much do you want for it?
Cheers John
Closed Thread