HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2003, 07:19 PM
OHIO
Joined Oct 2002
14 Posts
Anybody flying in the Sarasota Fla. area?

I just moved down here from Ohio. Have built and flown a wingo and a Tiger moth. I have a P51 and a Zero in the the box. I'm not even thinking about touching these two planes until i can meet up with someone more knowlegable then me. I'm an ok builder <still consider myself a newbie> , but really struggle keeping all the electric conversions for elecric straight. ie: amp draw, thrust ratios. charging rates<kind of understand>, and all the little intangibles that go along with being sucessful in this great hobby. I have no idea how to solder, and would like to figure that out too. I've been an avid reader of this forum for almost a year now and only have a few posts. But rarely does a day pass when i don't check out all the new posts. I have a very understanding wife when it comes to this hobby. I would like to keep it that way< by doing things right the first time<lol> and not making this hobby to costly by trying to learn from my own mistakes. I'm more of a visual learner and would like to hook up with someone that wouldn't think it too bothersome. I really like the gws line of planes as well.

Thanks again everybody,
Ted Rose a.k.a. Ballgame
BALLGAME is offline Find More Posts by BALLGAME
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2003, 07:59 PM
Older than rocks
United States, PA, Warminster
Joined Dec 2002
396 Posts
I belong to a great electric club in Sarasota. Try
http://payrollprocessing.com/ssf/new...wslttr_old.htm
Herman

better address: http://payrollprocessing.com/ssf/tower_nn.htm
n2wizard is offline Find More Posts by n2wizard
Last edited by n2wizard; May 04, 2003 at 08:03 PM.
Old May 04, 2003, 09:57 PM
OHIO
Joined Oct 2002
14 Posts
Thanks to all!
ballgame.
Old May 04, 2003, 10:03 PM
Brandon, FL
Joined Jun 2002
40 Posts
I tried to email the top two people listed for this SSF club and the emails bounced. Any thoughts?
ccie is offline Find More Posts by ccie
Old May 05, 2003, 08:53 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
We're a little north of you in St. Pete and Seminole but you're welcome to come up and fly with us at the every Sunday Seminole Crash Fest

Another option closer to you might be the Matatee County Radio Controllers. I visited their field and flew some of my planes and met some of the members last Friday. Nice facility and good group.

There is a map posted in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=114534
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old May 05, 2003, 12:47 PM
OHIO
Joined Oct 2002
14 Posts
Thanks for the invite Basket. Will you all be flying this Sun. If so, could you send directions from75. I would love to just come up and meet you guys. I believe i used your rigging of the the flying wires when doing my Moth. Correct me if I'm wrong but you where the one with the photo in a numbered sequence. Red moth i believe. Anyways thanks for the time guys.
Ballgame
Old May 05, 2003, 04:31 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Ted, we fly in Seminole every Sunday, weather permitting. From sunup 'till about noonish.

Driving directions to Seminole Aerodrome

I also fly with a smaller group in St. Pete on weekday mornings when the wind is cooperating. From sunup 'till 9 or 10 am. We fly at Walter Fuller Park in St. Pete. the address is 7600 30th Ave North. It's right next to the Rays Training Facility.

Mapquest won't do the directions right but it's a little closer.

Get off 275 at 22nd Ave North, go west to Tyrone Blvd, turn right and go up to 75th St No. where you turn left, then turn right on 30th and it's a block up on the left side.

Hope to see you one of these days,

Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Last edited by Basketcase; May 05, 2003 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 05, 2003, 05:48 PM
Older than rocks
United States, PA, Warminster
Joined Dec 2002
396 Posts
ccie
Try Jack Reinmeyer. He is the motivating member, and will answer.

Jack@payrollprocessing.com

Herman
n2wizard is offline Find More Posts by n2wizard