HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2009, 07:02 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Yippee!
1/72 Scale F6F Hellcat Pic's

Had some time late last night and today so I decided to finish up the last of my Profile Planes. Here we have a F6F Hellcat Power glides show it to be fairly nice will see how she does tomorrow in the air on it's maiden flight
AUW 2.8 Grams
WS 6.25"
Plantraco RX, 4 mm motor and Prop
Homemade Actuator
Durabatics foam construction sanded to .018
Details came out very nice You can see the rivets in the pictures tho the Picture doesn't do this justice looks even better in person.

Doom
epicdoom is offline Find More Posts by epicdoom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:11 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Well this little bird saw no fly time today due to wind by the time I got to this one to maiden it the wind was to bad and I didnt want to risk busting it up hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Doom
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:31 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Joe! That's beautiful!! Can't wait to see how she flys for you.

Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:09 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
Well this little bird saw no fly time today due to wind by the time I got to this one to maiden it the wind was to bad and I didnt want to risk busting it up hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Doom
then why did you maiden your other two nano nazi planes in the wind?nano nazis can take more wind...right?

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:31 AM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Nazi's are full of wind.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 01:25 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Star when I got out of my truck there was no wind I put the plane in the air and then the wind started blowing I landed as in the video and decided to call it a day then I notice the flag was still so I figured why not I pulled out another plane put it in the air it got about 50feet away and a gust of wind slamed into it so I landed that one and figured the Good Lord doesn't want me to fly today so I packed it up

Doom
Old Dec 02, 2009, 06:36 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
interesting!
Old Dec 02, 2009, 01:35 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
I flew this little plane today in spite of the wind It had some major issues and didn't want to stay in the air several times the plane did an aileron roll to inverted flight I moved the COG slight forward and got it flying better but it will require a great deal of trimming I decided to wait till there is no wind and give it a better chance to fly.

Doom
Old Dec 02, 2009, 01:56 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Nothing wrong with inverted LOL>>> I hope you get her straightened out and can get us a vid.

Dave
Old Dec 02, 2009, 02:12 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Dave Brother Im at the end of a rope with this weather. I would have all the new planes in the air trimmed by now with good daytime video of them doing close up flyby's. I left my house this morning at 3AM it was dead calm now even faint hint of wind I get to my work and it had the flag straight out I decided to give it a shot between gusts. really hard to get this stuff flying nicely with the wind beating it down like Mike Tyson beating an 8 year old girl with 1 arm and a wooden leg. I came close to just packing it all up for the winter. or in this case monsoon season. Luckly I'm not easily defeated. I'll try again tomorrow

Doom
Old Dec 02, 2009, 02:41 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
Dave Brother Im at the end of a rope with this weather. I would have all the new planes in the air trimmed by now with good daytime video of them doing close up flyby's. I left my house this morning at 3AM it was dead calm now even faint hint of wind I get to my work and it had the flag straight out I decided to give it a shot between gusts. really hard to get this stuff flying nicely with the wind beating it down like Mike Tyson beating an 8 year old girl with 1 arm and a wooden leg. I came close to just packing it all up for the winter. or in this case monsoon season. Luckly I'm not easily defeated. I'll try again tomorrow

Doom
I here Ya Brother. It's Flooding here. The roads are a mess. And when it rains this much here they close the fields at the park where I fly for two or thee days after it rains so they can drain. By then it's raining again. I had one window to fly Saturday but we had family over. Uggghhh...!!!! Simulator and indoor helis help me stay somewhat sane. I have a lot of new planes to fly. An SDM Yellow Bee, 3 SWP's, ITC Ironman, Two AH AA Jets, a Sopwith Pup and an SE5a. Oh and I have two XPV's and another Ironman coming in the mail. Each will have to take a ticket...LOL... I'm very blessed with temperate climate in the winter here. Almost never snows and highs in the 40's. It's just a matter of waiting.

Hang in there Joe!

Dave
Old Dec 03, 2009, 09:15 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
man you have a big squadron there dave! how do fit them all in the trunk of a car?!
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:01 AM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
man you have a big squadron there dave! how do fit them all in the trunk of a car?!
Jeez! SS, I guess I just pick a few and fly them. I think I will make a roster and put them all on it. I have well over thirty planes (Including 11 heli's) now. That would be a good way to make sure they all get flown at some point. Plus maintenance and inspections. Being unable to work I have plenty of time on my hands to get this done. Having so much snotty weather lately I've been flying the out of my helis. Mark my word Bro you'll be there someday. You know all about being bitten.

Dave
Old Dec 03, 2009, 01:39 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
well today was no better than the past couple week it was raining this morning but the temps were awesome after the rain stopped I looked at the flag and it was moving around a good bit I decided to remain grounded for the 1/72 stuff I did however get some fly time with the 2 new SWP's I totaly forgot how much fun those planes are to fly will post in the Micro thread the fun.

Doom
Old Dec 03, 2009, 02:56 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,765 Posts
Hi Doom,

Are your wings completely flat or do they have some undercamber (from the pictures it seems that only the P-51 have some) ?

And how much dihedral do you put in your planes,all the same, or do it change with each plane ?

Man I wish, I had your craftsmanship.

Thank you.
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon